Best restaurant for Fantasmic Dinner

alifares

Original Poster
We are planning to go see Fantasmic @ mgm and do the dinner show option. We will have 4 adults and 3 children. Which restaurant would be the best for us.

Thanks

yazmin182

There are 3 choices for the Fantasmic Dinner Package, Brown Derby, Mama Melrose and Hollywood & Vine but be aware that the Brown Derby is more expensive, or if you're on the Dining Plan, it will be 2 table service credits.

I have only been to H&V and I didn't think it was that great. Check out this site for more information:

Here's a helpful website: http://allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm

Also, check out the dining reviews, that may help you make your choice.

Tiggerfanatic

We did Mama Melroses - food was OK, but at the time there was a special menu for the dinner package and it was rather limited. I understand that it has changed now. I would do it again if I could have more food choices, because the regular menu looked good! Your best bet is to check out the menus and decide from there.

Tiggerfanatic

We thought it was worth it to have the reserved seating for the show. Just go to the special entrance 1/2 prior to the show - no waiting.

LuLaSue

We did Momma's and the Brown Derby and Momma's was just okay. The Brown Derby is good, was it worth a signature dining...I don't think so. If you have kids and want to save that Signature Dining for a character meal (or anything else) I would go to Momma Melrose's. It's not horrible, it's just okay. Like someone said earlier I really don't recommend any dining at the Studios.

sweetale

IMO, I think it would depend on the ages of your kids. If they are younger, I would skip Brown Derby, I don't think there is a lot of "kid friendly" food available (not that I didn't like it!). I'm not sure if the dinner/show really worked for our group. We did have to wait a while, just standing around, before they let us in to sit down. I was indifferent, but then again we only did it once.:shrug:

~Amy

Lucky

We liked Mama Melrose's, but it took a long time to get served everything. If it's a time of year when the park is not too crowded, I would rather use the time for attractions instead of sitting in a full-service restaurant, and you probably won't have any trouble getting a seat for Fantasmic anyway. If the park is crowded, then the dinner package is worth considering.

bayoutinkbelle

We did Mama Melroses - food was OK, but at the time there was a special menu for the dinner package and it was rather limited. I understand that it has changed now. I would do it again if I could have more food choices, because the regular menu looked good! Your best bet is to check out the menus and decide from there.

If that's true, I'd give MM another shot. I did the package at MM when the menu was limited and was thoroughly unimpressed. Last October, a friend and I did the package at H&V and we enjoyed that. It wasn't spectacular, but we enjoyed the buffet.

I haven't done Brown Derby yet. Maybe this October.

If the kids are picky eaters, you might do OK with H&V. There were lots of kids swarming the buffet on our visit. I'm taking my 13 yo son there this summer for the package and expect him to really enjoy it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Just to add to my previous post, I agree that its the fact that the Brown Derby is now classed as a signature choice on the Dinning Plan that puts me off giving it a second chance, my previous visit being spoiled by very bad service.

I just had a thungkk.... its not too far to the Boardwalk why not go there. Its only a 15 min walk at most or catch a boat, that makes all the resort resturants within easy reach.

Phonedave

Depends when you are going. The prices go up April 1. At this point in time, the Brown Derby price is $36.99 adult $10.99 child, which gets you an appitizer, main course, and dessert. You order off the regular menu. Depending on what you order you can end up ordering a meal that would have cost more without the package.

After April 1 the price for the Brown Derby is $43.99 / $11.99. At that price I would not touch it. I like the Brown Derby, but thats about the only MGM place I like, and *the horror* I could do without Fantasmic. So I sould just eat at the Brown Derby if I had to eat in MGM.

-dave

DisneyMarg

Hey, don't discount Hollywood and Vine. We ate there with the Fantasmic Package and really enjoyed it. It is a buffet but there were some interesting dishes and everything was good. We had particularly good service as well. We liked having the package. Getting in without a long wait in line was good for us, and we also got to get out of the stadium first, which is an overlooked benefit.

Computer Magic

It's funny how everyone has had different experiences:

I was turned off by Mama Melroses. Maybe it was a bad day for the staff :shrug: but enough that I won't return.

I have never had a bad experience with Brown Derby. but sounds like a few had :shrug:

Best bet is to review the menus and style and pick what you might like.

Good luck :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom