Best Resorts at Christmas

MOXOMUMD

Disneys-Wilderness-Lodge-Resort_Full_9347_zps7ddc1a1c.jpg
Wilderness Lodge Is Also Georgeous! With the Giant tree.
My favorite resort Christmas tree, followed by Pop Century's.

DizneyPryncess

We stayed at WL in November as decorations were going up. It was pretty amazing to go to bed one night w/no decorations, and wake up the next morning to a huge tree in the lodge. Kind of just stopped me in my tracks. I loved being there at that time of year! We also were able to see GF & Contemporary at the holidays, and I loved all of them. WL was my favorite though. :)

75disney

The Deluxe Resorts' decorations are very impressive. The Moderates are not quite as impressive, yet still tastefully done. I can't say anything about the Values because I never stay/ go to them. In my opinion the most impressive decorations in order are at:
1. GF - Go in through the monorail entrance and walk straight to the railing, the tree is beautiful. Then take the bird cage elevator down to the first floor. Check out the amazing gingerbread house. Don't forget to buy a gingerbread man from the store in the back. Then go over to the tree for your photo in front of the tree (this has been my Christmas card picture several times). Try to go in the evening when a pianist is there and he will gladly play Christmas carols when asked.
2. WL - You can't miss the magnificent tree as you walk in the front door. Take some time to walk around the tree admiring the decorations. Take a seat at the fireplace and relax in a rocking chair in front of the fire. Stroll to the back of the lobby where the stream starts and check out the cute bear statues. Then take an elevator to one of the other floors and go to a lobby overlook. You will love the view
3. Beach Club - I haven't been to this one for a while, but I definitely would go and check out the amazing gingerbread carousel. I believe that the cookies are sold here as well. I love the idea of Christmas at the beach (I hate a white Christmas).
4. Yacht Club - Every year they create a different, huge gingerbread scene. The nautical themed-tree is cute as well.
5. AKL - think WL's decorations with an African theme.

Every trip, we make it a point to stop at GF and WL to see the decorations that is why I can provide more detail. Aside from the signature trees and decorations at these resorts, make sure you take time to gaze around the parks and whatever resort you are at because the Christmas decorations are festive and plentiful and uniquely themed everywhere.

aw14

We stayed at POFQ this past NYE/Christmas. Absolutely beautiful. We also visited several deluxes and all were great too. Can't go wrong

ladydi

We stayed at GF for my birthday in December. It was gorgeous but very crowded all day long. Keep telling my family we should stay there again when we can enjoy the lobby during the day but the hubby freaks out with the price tag!

Tiggertoo56

PORS was excellent when we stayed there a few years ago. We also visited many other resorts to look at the decorations and thought they were all fanstastic, so can't go wrong! Wherever you are it will be magical.

When do resort decorations usually go up?

I don't know exactly how early they start but I believe everything is done by Thanksgiving Day. I know it is true of the parks that all Holiday programs start by at least Black Friday. My guess is they will transform a 2-3 resorts per night with a target of finishing by Thanksgiving. If that guess is correct, you can work backwards from Thanksgiving to guess a starting day.

In 2011, we were @ WDW from Nov 5-12. Neither Mrs Wiggum nor I remember seeing any decorations but neither of us can be sure. Our photos from that trip bear that out

Maybe someone else can be more precise with dates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom