Best Resort?

jrashadb

So... I've been to WDW about a million times, but for some reason I've never stayed in an on-site hotel. We've stayed at a lot of hotels over nead Downtown Disney, the most recent being the Hyatt there, but we've never stayed at a Disney Hotel.
This year, some friends of mine and I are thinking about taking a trip to the F&WF at Epcot and staying a two days and one night at an on-site hotel.
Also, I'll be going to Disney for three days and two nights with my folks in December.
My question is, which hotel should I stay in? Which hotel is the best and which hotel is the best value?

this past july when i went we satyed at the port orleans french quaters. the cool thing was it closed after 9/11 and the day we were there was the first day it reopened. When we got here we were the 2nd on to check in and all the people were fighting to check us in. when we were walking to our room we could still see paining goin on so it was pretty much brand new. the rooms were alright, but the real nice thing about it was thier was a another hotel about 1/2 mile away that you could use ther pool,if you didnt want to use thiers, or bike ride form hotel to hotel, it was really cool. i cant say anything about other resorts in disney because when we did stay in them it was when we had yearly passes when i was a real small kid.

Upvote 0
I thought that the Boardwalk was great for Epcot, especially if you spend a lot of time at the World Showcase. A 5 minute walk, and you are right there.

Again, it depends on what you want to spend.

Upvote 0

dreamer

Beach Club/Yacht Club and Boardwalk are both a 5 minute walk from Epcot. Keep checking for deals and if you get a good deal either place go for it. BCYC have the best hotel pool at DW by far. Very upscale digs. Stay there the night after you go to Epcot. Then you can just walk to your hotel room when you're finished. The next day you can swim in the pool and check out the Boardwalk. They have pretty good nighttime entertainment there -- some of it free.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I'm confused..:confused:

Is the question about best resort I've ever actually experienced, or best resort that I fantasize about visiting and pray daily for the $$ to afford it? :D

Upvote 0

jrashadb

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
I'm confused..:confused:

Is the question about best resort I've ever actually experienced, or best resort that I fantasize about visiting and pray daily for the $$ to afford it? :D

heh...
Both. One of those rooms is goig to be split four ways and the other will be paid by parents who actually have money. Going to WDW is how we bond... :lol:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by jrashadb

heh...
Both. One of those rooms is goig to be split four ways and the other will be paid by parents who actually have money. Going to WDW is how we bond... :lol:

LOL! :lol:

Sounds like a very kewl way to bond!

Of course the last time I went to WDW with my (ex)best friend, I ended up being ready to pinch her head off! So much for trying to bond with the totally selfish! :lol:

Upvote 0

jrashadb

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva

LOL! :lol:

Sounds like a very kewl way to bond!

Of course the last time I went to WDW with my (ex)best friend, I ended up being ready to pinch her head off! So much for trying to bond with the totally selfish! :lol:

It's a pretty cool way for us to boond, I suppose. All three of us are never in the same place at the same time unless we're in a park... we're weird.
As for going with friends, you really learn a lot about a person when you spend an entire day with them at a theme park, don't you? I've gone to park with people and ended up hating them afterward. Of course, I've gone to parks with people and became even closer to them than I was before we got there.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I know what you mean...

Actually, her husband was pretty kewl, but I really could've just ripped her head off and felt absolutely no remorse! :lol:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

A touch agressive there Cymbal? Then again I shouldnt talk. I probably will feel the exact same way when I go in October. Me and sister dont exactly get along on most items. You all are gonna have to come down and bail me out of jail for killing my sister and dropping her body in Seven Seas Lagoon!!!

Upvote 0

Lilo

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
A touch agressive there Cymbal? Then again I shouldnt talk. I probably will feel the exact same way when I go in October. Me and sister dont exactly get along on most items. You all are gonna have to come down and bail me out of jail for killing my sister and dropping her body in Seven Seas Lagoon!!!

As long as she's not still floating when I get there:lol: But I'm sure you will handle her accordingly.:hammer:

Upvote 0

jrashadb

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lilo

As long as she's not still floating when I get there:lol: But I'm sure you will handle her accordingly.:hammer:

I try to ride the monorail as much as possible, so I wouldn't even notice... :lol:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by wannabeBelle

:veryconfu What? I let her live....I just thought terribly ugly thoughts about her! :D :animwink:

Me? Aggressive? NEVER!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't worry Belle...I'll be right down to bail ya out!
:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

None taken Lilo none at all. As you said you know my sister!!! And Cymbal, thanks ever so much for the back up. Definitely use the insanity plea on this one!!! "Your honor, her sister drove her to this. Her sister was unhapy in the happiest place on Earth!! Belle just figured if she was gonna be that miserable, put her out of her pain!!" Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom