best resort upgrade you've gotten?

madhatter

whats the best resort , upgrade you've gotten for free? I've been upgraded to a concierge room, from a regular room at the grand floridian. Has anyone ever been upgraded to a suite ,deluxe room,
from a garden wing to a tower room(contemporary),etc

Mr. Toad

Best upgrade I ever got was in Hawaii they upgraded us from a Mountain view to an Ocean view.

Unfortunately, no such luck at WDW but my brother got upgraded from pool/garden view to concierge at the Poly last year.

Upvote 0
It pays to get married at WDW -- we got upgraded to the Vice Presidential Suite at WL for our wedding night.

We also got upgraded from a wing at the Contemporary to a tower room with a view of the castle when we switched hotels on our honeymoon.

Upvote 0

mainer

It may not count as an "upgrade" but we were booked into a bungalow at the Disney Institute when they closed it in February. We ended up staying in a 1BR Villa at the Boardwalk. It cost us $150 a night for 10 nights. Great view of the pool, too!

Upvote 0

roysta123

The best upgrade I ever got was at the Contemporary. I was on the Disney Cruise about 2 years ago and when I went to check in, they said I had a garden room. I told them that I requested a tower room so they upgraded me to Concierge.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I know in both my case and mighty's, the hotel was responsible for a problem. In my case, they had given away our reserved standard tower room. I believe in mighty's case it was a security issue. (she can provide details if she wishes)

Or maybe it was just because she's younger and prettier than I am....and single! ;)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

LOL! Mom, I did NOT lean over the counter in a v-neck in that instance!

Indeed, it was a security issue--I told the front desk clerk that I would be alone and needed to be in a secure location. He wasn't comfortable with the room blocked for me, so he offered me the suite so we'd all be comfortable. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom