Best Resort for a Family of 5

kfergdisney

I know there are a limited number of resorts available for a family of 5, but which one would be the best for a family of 5 with 3 lively boys ranging in age from 14 to 7? The Grand Floridian is out of the question, but which other ones would you suggest?
Are the rooms for 5 people in Port Orleans Riverside good?

dizzney

Why dont you try a DVC villa, one bedroom or two using rented points.

Try www.dvcrequest.com

Daddio is really good to work with, We're DVC owners and have rented our points out thru Daddio in the past when we weren't going to use them. You can stay in a villa much cheapre that way.

Our home resorts are Boardwalk and BLT and I think the Boardwalk is great for young children, my twins have been going there since they were 10 months old and always have fun there PLUS you're right outside of Epcot and you can take the boat to the Studios, great location and resort

Upvote 0

38053WDW

We got lucky and were in walking distance of the main bus pickup. Cabin 2801 - (for leaving the property.) It is a BIG place... Get the bus colors down when moving around the property. They have pickups outside each cabin area... Do Hoop-Dee-Doo review if you haven't done it.... Golf carts will run about $60 a day so only get one when you will use it to run around the camp area... Deer everywhere !!!

Upvote 0

38053WDW

Why dont you try a DVC villa, one bedroom or two using rented points.

Try www.dvcrequest.com

Daddio is really good to work with, We're DVC owners and have rented our points out thru Daddio in the past when we weren't going to use them. You can stay in a villa much cheapre that way.

Our home resorts are Boardwalk and BLT and I think the Boardwalk is great for young children, my twins have been going there since they were 10 months old and always have fun there PLUS you're right outside of Epcot and you can take the boat to the Studios, great location and resort
Were going to try DVC rental (BLT) our next journey (2013 after FL construction done)... We go back and forth on joining since we live in TN .. not like we can run down every year ....

Upvote 0

pcarathers

we just returned from Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas. they sleep up to 9, and there were 7 of us. WE LOVED THE TREEHOUSE VILLA! Not only could the kids be as loud as they wanted, with 3 bedrooms and tv/s in each one plus the living room area, everyone got their pick of what to watch! there is a huge deck off the front door as well as a bbq grill.....the villa had washer/dryer which came in handy with a 4 y/o....full kitchen/refrigerator. the master bath was to DIE FOR! love the whirlpool tub!!! I don't know what the $ is as we were staying on our DVC points, but will def. plan another stay here!!!! loved the peacefulness! we were about 25 feet away from the bus stop and right on the water edge so we were able to see the boats as they went by. TRULY, THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE RESORT! Planning a 2nd trip this year for October already!

Upvote 0

tedsgibson

i know that most of the people that frequent this forum are Disney resort fans i have not stayed at one so i certainly am not trying to detract from them, but we are (i know i know) timeshare owners and we are also a family of 5 we stay at Wyndam bonnet creek. lots for our kids to do and us ...i am more worried about what my kids will be doing and not be board but it is nice to have things for grown ups to do as well and still be able to keep the every watching eye on the kids

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We're a family of five. When the boys were 8, 10, and 12 we stayed at POR, and we were cramped. For our last trip, we investigated different options. Two Moderate rooms were cheaper and roomier than one Deluxe room, so we went with that, and it worked out well for us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom