Best Resort Breakfasts???

Jon_in_NC

Any recommendations on which resorts have the best breakfasts?

We have the Resort Magic package and we're trying to get some ideas on which resort we may want to use our Flex option at.

Oh, and doesn't have to be one with a Character Breakfast.

Thanks.

2 weeks to go from today!! :)

Grumpy56

My vote is for the Polynesian. O'hana's has a great charactar breakfast, the food is really good and they bring it to you which I prefer. And they also have a great breakfast, excellent coffee at the Kona Cafe. Everyone needs to try the Tonga Toast at least once in your life! It's filled with bananas and is delicious, though very sweet. Whatever you do, don't put syrup on it until you taste it. Many people prefer it without. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Coree

Not to repeat the same suggestion over and over again, but we go to Kona Cafe at the Polynesian for Tonga Toast almost every trip. It's really great, but very sweet. I usually have someone else order the Tonga Toast and I order eggs benedict then we split and have half of each. That way I get to enjoy the tonga toast but don't overload my system with sweet first thing in the morning. That's really the only place we ever go for a sit-down breakfast. However, on our last trip, we stayed at AKL and ate at The Mara for breakfast most mornings. Even though it's counter service (fast food) the breakfast platter was very good. Lots of food and the biscuit had a hint of orange flavor that was wonderful.

Upvote 0

Pepper

My vote

Our favorites are Boma at AKL and Chef Mickey's at Contemp. These are both great and have an extensive assortment of foods to choose from. Boma is a regular buffet and CMs is a character breakfast. As with any choice you make, I don't think you can go wrong. We have done them all and loves each in its own way.

Pepper
PS: Have a great trip and the tonga toast does rock!

Upvote 0

mousecar

Chef Mickey's is one of my favorites. Lots of food and fun.
I also like 1900 Park Faire at the Boardwalk. They both have characters which make great photo ops!

Upvote 0

erring

I'd have to put my vote for the breakfast at Wilderness Lodge. Its family style and the Characters (waitstaff) has a really fun time including the whole room as the family (you'll see what I mean if you go... just make sure you ask for some Ketchup). This is the one breakfast we always make sure we go to... Good food and good atmosphere. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Gideon

I have to vote for Boma. :sohappy: I think that that was the best breakfast buffet that I have ever been to. My wife and son both had an infection in their gums which made eating very painful, but even they were chowing down.

The punch and mimosa's were divine. I'm planning to make PS again for Boma this year.

Upvote 0

wed050499

Chef Mickey's definitely gets my vote. I have yet to try Boma's, except for the dinner buffet. Cape May has a good breakfast buffet too, but no characters.

Brian

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by mousecar
I also like 1900 Park Faire at the Boardwalk. They both have characters which make great photo ops!
Psst... 1900 Park Faire is at the Grand Floridian... :)

But... as for my vote... put me up for another vote for the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe... *mouth salivating* That is some GOOD STUFF.:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

Lilo

Originally posted by wed050499
Chef Mickey's definitely gets my vote. I have yet to try Boma's, except for the dinner buffet. Cape May has a good breakfast buffet too, but no characters.

Brian

Cape May now has character breakfasts. I like Chef Mickey's, actually by 6 year old likes it, been going there since was 4.:lol: :brick:

Upvote 0

goofyman

Originally posted by erring
I'd have to put my vote for the breakfast at Wilderness Lodge. Its family style and the Characters (waitstaff) has a really fun time including the whole room as the family (you'll see what I mean if you go... just make sure you ask for some Ketchup). This is the one breakfast we always make sure we go to... Good food and good atmosphere. :sohappy:

Have to agree with this one. WE love it there and it's also a great value in my book. Oh yes yes ask for the ketchup!!!!:p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom