Best reasonable resort table service?

Bishop85

Kona Cafe in the Polynesian? Not sure on the prices, but the food is very good. However, the place is not the greatest for atmosphere and it could be very loud with all the people waiting nearby to get in Ohana's.

rufio

Original Poster
Whispering Canyon Cafe will certainly make for an interesting rehearsal dinner! Have you been there before? Do you know what you're getting into?

No! And no one will tell me what happens when you ask for ketchup! :confused: But my family are all good sports. :) My dad said he'll ask for the ketchup.

NiarrNDisney

No! And no one will tell me what happens when you ask for ketchup! :confused: But my family are all good sports. :) My dad said he'll ask for the ketchup.

It's honestly not that big of a deal! I'm not going to tell you what happens when you ask for ketchup but I can tell you WCC over all has ok food with really obnoxious service. I personally don't understand the hype of this place!?! There are far better reasonable table service options around the property, but I guess if you have children it can be fun.

slappy magoo

The only potentially bad thing about WCC for a rehearsal dinner - it's going to be loud and boisterous there. Generally speaking, that's a good thing for WCC, it is a fun place to dine, the servers are all intentionally characters whooping it up for the guests (trust me, it's called "WHISPERING Canyon Cafe" ironically). But if you think people in your party are going to want to make toasts or be focused on the group's conversation, forget it, there's way too much going on. You'll need to shout to make yourself heard constantly. But if you want it to be a fun dinner and would like those kinds of distractions, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The 2 suggestions that come most immediately to mind for me would be The Wave or Turf Club. They are both more "mature" restaurants though still kid-friendly (my daughter still looks back fondly on the two times she dined at The Wave and she got to have grilled cheese on 'rainbow bread'). They just don't put on a show and they are not elaborately themed. The Wave will be super-convenient for you since it's at the Contemporary and you're staying at BLT. Both restaurants are often sparsely attended, so they would not only be able to accommodate a decent-sized party like a rehearsal dinner, but they may be able to shift you to a corner where you can be conversational and relaxed without spilling over on to other customers. The Wave's menu also tends to be "nouveau hippy" :D meaning the foods are as organic and sustainable and locally grown as possible. Either place will be more expensive than Whispering Canyon, but not Cali Grill or Narcoossee's prices either (they are single-credit restaurants on the dining plan).

disney magic 06

I guess it depends when you go, but we went to Whispering Canyon at 8pm and it was not particularly noisy- no more so than any Disney restaurant with a fair sprinkling of kids. The waitress was pleasant and friendly but not too loud.

rufio

Original Poster
Thanks! Right now we're going to keep Whispering Canyon. I told my parents about it and they think it sounds good. $35 per person (Ohana) is out of their price range, but WCC is doable. No one will be making toasts, it's not what I would call a "true rehearsal dinner". It's just the families and two close friends having dinner the night before our wedding. We're having dinner the next night at Grand Floridian Cafe, so that'll be nice and quiet.

mcstensrud

I am supprised that no one has said The Captains Grill at the Yacht Club. Very nice area and you can catch Illuminations from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk after Dinner.

rufio

Original Poster
I am supprised that no one has said The Captains Grill at the Yacht Club. Very nice area and you can catch Illuminations from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk after Dinner.

Oh wow! That would be awesome! I'll look into that now :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom