Best Quick Dining for Lunch

essenzza

Original Poster
Hi all,

I'm leaving to Disney in less than 2 weeks for the 1st time with a 6 and 3 year old. We have 4 days at the park -- we have reservations for Be Our Guest for lunch one day.

What's best at Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom?

Thank you!

Nottamus

MK - Columbia Harbor House - obviously all based on opinions, but we like it there

HS - like stated above, ABC Commissary, Fairfax Faire for something a little different

AK - Flametree, if you like smokey barbecue foods..

Weather_Lady

MK - Columbia Harbor House (seafood-centric menu) or Pecos Bill (burgers, fajitas, tacos, with a toppings bar).

AK - Flame Tree BBQ (for BBQ, obviously) or Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe (CS venue located right next to the Yak & Yeti TS restaurant) (Asian-inspired American fare and standard Chinese-type dishes). I hear great things about Satu'li Canteen; just haven't been there.

HS - Fairfax Fare (Tex-Mex) or ABC Commissary (air-conditioned with ample seating - the menu is surprisingly varied although the decor is blah). But that's only if you HAVE to have CS at HS. Given my druthers, I'd to to the Brown Derby Lounge for small plates, or leave the park altogether and dine elsewhere.

Last edited:

rob0519

MK- I'd really like to say Cosmic Ray's, but the multi-counter ordering system is ridiculous, so Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills,
HS - Unless something has changed, we find the ABC Commissary sub-standard and would vote for Backlot Express
AK - Flametree - Decent food and plenty of seating.

JillC LI

I can't believe no one is mentioning Woody's Lunch Box for DHS. We were there 2 weeks ago and had both breakfast and lunch there, and it was great. The smores french toast for breakfast was truly to die for! DD and I were moaning with pleasure as we ate it.

Hockey89

AK has great options for lunch as mentioned above... Yak & Yeti... Satu'li Canteen... Both very good.... Flametree is good as well...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I can't believe no one is mentioning Woody's Lunch Box for DHS. We were there 2 weeks ago and had both breakfast and lunch there, and it was great. The smores french toast for breakfast was truly to die for! DD and I were moaning with pleasure as we ate it.
I think the lack of seating and shade plus the long wait times has put people off. It was brutal there in the summer.

correcaminos

I'm pretty sure the multi-counter thing has stopped?
They still have multiple counters, but they all have the same items at all the counters now.

For MK I vote Columbia Harbor House
AK Satu'li Canteen hands down
DHS really is lacking but we do either Backlot or ABC Commissary.

ppet

AK- Flame Tree
HS- Woody's Lunch box (When we were there in Oct. mobile ordering was the way to go.)
Magic Kingdom- Casey's

JillC LI

I think the lack of seating and shade plus the long wait times has put people off. It was brutal there in the summer.
Ah, I can understand that. We did experience difficulty finding a place to eat (lunch, not breakfast) and ultimately stood at a tall table. It was too chilly that day for me to consider the lack of shade as a problem. But I'd gladly suffer both those problems for that smores french toast again!

JohnD

For MK, don't forget that an option is leaving MK, hopping to a monorail resort and returning afterward. A good option in that instance is Captain Cooks at Poly.

Ted Daggett

We have been to BOG for breakfast which was delicious, but take a look at the lunch menu, because nothing really appealed to me or my family, so we have never eaten dinner or lunch there (although we did eat lunch one time there, and only purchased cupcakes with the gray stuff on them, which I think is not allowed any more).

MK - we usually eat quick lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus which is behind the carousel. Like others have said, Cosmic Ray's is good, however you have to get in separate lines for different types of food, so if one kid wants chicken, and other kid wants burgers, you are waiting in two lines. We also often get a lunch reservation at Crystal Palace, which gives us a nice relaxing air conditioned hour to rest in the middle of the day and get pretty decent food and meet Pooh and friends. Most of the counter service restaurants at MK are so congested, it is stressful finding a seat and getting your trays to the tables without losing any items, so we like the nice peaceful lunch at CP.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ is best, but we have also eaten pizza at Pizzafari, which is OK, and usually pretty quick. We have eaten at Restaurantosaurus several times as well -- can get the same hamburger as all the other places.

DHS - I think that we have eaten lunch at ABC Commissary every time we have gone to DHS - it is a big place with tons of seating, as well as some outside seating, so we usually just end up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom