Best queue at an attraction

CREEKWAYNE

I too think Tower of Terror is the best.:sohappy: Followed close by the haunted mansion and the muppets.:slurp:

8 days and the days are getting slower...:hammer:

leeocean

Well, Haunted Mansion has to be my favorite queue. Tower of Terror is a very close second. And then Test Track because you can learn so much by just looking around.

Mr. Toad

My favorites are:

1) Haunted Mansion - I love everything about this ride. My all time favorite ride anywhere.

2) Pirates of the Caribbean - I just love the atmosphere they have created here. Really takes me away to another time and place.

3) Mission:Space - OK, I haven't seen it yet but I'm hoping it is really cool :animwink: The outside plaza is shaping up nicely.

I wish I could include TOT but I just can't get up the courage to go on the ride. :(

ToWeroFTerRor67

All the queues at WDW are great beause they use their imaginations just like with the rides. My favorites are ToT, R'nRC,SM, BTMR, Muppets, TT, and Dinosaur.

hbkrocco1

I know this is a a posting about queue times in Walt Disney World, but all the rides and show queues in Islands of Adventure can't even be compare along side of Walt Disney World. Everything is so themed nicely in IOA.

1. Tower of Terror (the most detail of any attraction in WDW)

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! I am sorry but the Haunted Mansion is the most detailed of any attraction in WDW

Katherine

Originally posted by ToTallToSlow112
1. Tower of Terror (the most detail of any attraction in WDW)

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! I am sorry but the Haunted Mansion is the most detailed of any attraction in WDW

I'd have to agree!

civileng68

Account Suspended
pirates

I love the que at Pirates of the Caribbean. It is so cool!

hey, I've only ever riden on Space Mountain with a fast pass so I've soomed through the que. it looks awesome in there and I actually may go and stand in line just to see it in there this time.

What is it like in there............did someone say there's a movie in there?

bdhowell

Space Mountain-----it's old and I love it!!!!! :D

<<1. "Space Mountain: There's just so much variety here. Multiple kinds of themed rooms with 4 different audio loops that I know of, and this is BEFORE you get to the video screens. While it's not the prettiest or most interesting queue, it may well be the best executed, with great combination between storytelling, slickness, and near-perfect balance between at communicating both the forboding and intriguing aspects of space travel.">>>

Totally agree!!!

Here's an interesting question - where does the queue line end and where does the attraction begin? For example, in the Haunted Mansion queue, is the "stretching room" part of the queue, part of the attraction, or a preshow? Same for the library in ToT, the "studio" room in RnR. Anything you are required to watch is not queue, but part of the attraction, IMO. (Using Fastpass, you don't bypass the Stretching room. Thank goodness!)

With that in mind, my favorite queues (in no particular order)

1) Star Tours - blown away by it - that's C3PO right there!

2) ToT - amazing in its detail

3) Test Track - Noisy, in-your-face, fun.

4) El Rio del Tiempo - can't stand the ride, and honestly don't even remember the queue, but you get to walk by that too-cool mountain on the way there...

Bayou_Tigerfan

I am absolutely amazed that people in this forum think that Space Mountain's queue is one of the best. It forced me to register to respond, as Space Mountain IMO is absolutely the worst queue at WDW!

I waited 30 minutes last month and that stupid "space" music and the "star" panels gave me an awful headache. People bump into each other in the dark all the time. Just wait until MS opens ... it will blow everyone away with the possibilities of exactly what you can do with space theming and expose just how outdated and pathetic SM is.

I absolutely agree with those who are talking about IOA's queues. They are absolutely wonderfulk, especially Spiderman, Doctor Doom, and Jurassic Park river raft ride (I forget what it is called)

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Bayou_Tigerfan
I am absolutely amazed that people in this forum think that Space Mountain's queue is one of the best. It forced me to register to respond, as Space Mountain IMO is absolutely the worst queue at WDW!

I waited 30 minutes last month and that stupid "space" music and the "star" panels gave me an awful headache. People bump into each other in the dark all the time. Just wait until MS opens ... it will blow everyone away with the possibilities of exactly what you can do with space theming and expose just how outdated and pathetic SM is.

I absolutely agree with those who are talking about IOA's queues. They are absolutely wonderfulk, especially Spiderman, Doctor Doom, and Jurassic Park river raft ride (I forget what it is called)
One thing to remember is that Space Mountain is almost 30 years old! That being said, I think it was WAY ahead of its time and it is still amusing today. I enjoy the darkness although I do agree that people bump into one another a fair amount. Calling it the worst queue in WDW is pushing it though. Now onto my list!

Best Overall Queue: Dueling Dragons at IOA, I'm sorry but nothing even touches this in my opinion. The themeing might end when you get on the ride, but it is still the best queue.

Most Detailed Queue: Tower of Terror, The lobby is INCREDIBLE!

Most Interesting Queue: Test Track, there is just so much going and it educates you as well.

Best on a Hot Day Queue: Star Tours, its nice and long and it NEVER stretches outside of the building so instant AC! Also, the queue is just plain cool!

WORST Queue: Alien Encounter, Pre-shows are great but outside queue is crummy due to lack of space.

mhead

I totally disagree on the whole IOA comparison. The q's there are ok but you must walk 18 friggin miles to get to anything. I was so po'd by the time we got to dueling dragons i didn't enjoy the ride. I mean 10 minutes and there was NO line. I was overall very disappointed with IOA the one time I went. Spider Man was awesome and Jurassic Park was cool but other than that it was a once every 5-10 year place - not an every year like WDW.

meeko_33785

I'd probably have to say Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and MuppetVision. I don't see what the big fuss is over the Haunted Mansion queue. Are you counting the Stretch Room as part of the queue? I always considered it par of the ride experience. The actual queue is well themed, but it just doesn't compare to the three I mentioned above.

BigNorm

I have to say that I think that the Haunted Mansion has by far the best queue at WDW. It definately sets the tone for the entire attraction. I would also like to say that I think IOA does have some great queues as well w/ Spider-Man probably being the best.

Jerm

I would have to say ToT is the best queue ever!!!!!! From the time you start walking down Sunset the feeling starts and it just gets better as you get closer. At DL it is by far IJ with Roger Rabbit coming up close 2nd. The longest queue I would have to say is M:S I have been waiting for this thing for years it seems and I have still not moved a foot.........is it 101 and they just didn't give an announcment?

Jerm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom