Best Pools for Kids

Master Gracey 5

Original Poster
Was talking with some friends this past weekend about Disney visits and they said they wanted to stay on site for their next visit as he works for ESPN and can get a great room rate. We were talking about resorts and one of the important points for them is a great kids pool as they have a little guy who would be almost 3 when they go.

I know Beach/Yacht has the best pool area and stressed that to them, but wanted to get opinions on the other great pools for kids around WDW. My trips so far haven't had to consider how little kids interact with the resort, so this is a new angle for me.

Thanks!

PhilharMagician

Coronado Springs pool is good for kids. It has the dig area where the kids can dig for artifacts kinda like the one in Dinoland but smaller. All of the pools in the moderate and deluxe resorts are really nice with zero entry and slides for the kids along with activities and games for the kids which change daily (see schedule at each resort).

As you already mentioned, the YC/BC pool IMHO is the best for kids. They can play in the sand in and out of the water, they also have the lazy river even though it is small it is cool, and the great slide. Activities and games for the kids and a decent quick service location with hot food and adult beverages to keep you cool.

copcarguyp71

Stormalong Bay is the best hands down but we agree that the Dig Site pool at CSR is totally more worth it than spending the huge dollars on BC/YC. We are headed back to Coronado in September and this is the only time we have agreed that we were so happy with a resort that we are heading back for a repeat stay.

DsnySodec

I like the CSR pool, my duaghter loved the digsite and and pool itself. However, for kids that age a beach entrance pool is always great. I havent been to one at disney, is there one?

docdebbi

As the child is under three I would be more interested in the pool area having a child's play area than the actual pool itself. I'm sure others can help more but I have been at the kids play areas at Caribbean beach, grand Floridian , contemporary and art of animation and the really little loves loved it! More so than the pool itself. Caribbean beach was our favorite

DizneyPryncess

I wanted to throw in a vote for the Boardwalk's Luna Pool. DD had so much fun there. It's circus themed (although the clown is sorta creepy!). The clown is part of the water slide. There's also elephant statues that squirt water. The baby pool area was great, and connected to a playground. We would get a table by the baby pool, and DD would play in the pool and then go to the playground. There were also activities going on all day for kids around the pool. They had Disney trivia going on too which was fun for everyone. :)

copcarguyp71

As the child is under three I would be more interested in the pool area having a child's play area than the actual pool itself. I'm sure others can help more but I have been at the kids play areas at Caribbean beach, grand Floridian , contemporary and art of animation and the really little loves loved it! More so than the pool itself. Caribbean beach was our favorite

Then I would say BC and Stormalong Bay. They have a zero entry pool with sand beach area that only gets about 18-20" deep and they have a cast member do a sand castle building activity in the afternoons. It was a great trip but we just cannot justify the money for the deluxe resorts any more. If you have the money though and are looking for the pool experience I highly recommend it!

NewfieFan

This is my thought as well. I've traveled with kids all the way from 14mths & 3 years to now 9 & 7 (and everything in between). When they were younger the play areas were their favorite by far. Depending on budget, the best two we enjoyed were Caribbean Beach Resort and Kidani Village (Animal Kingdom Lodge), with the one at Kidani being on top of the list (I think it's the best kids water play area on property). Kidani also has a small kiddie slide at the pool and zero entry.

sgtmgd

Coronado Springs pool is good for kids. It has the dig area where the kids can dig for artifacts kinda like the one in Dinoland but smaller. All of the pools in the moderate and deluxe resorts are really nice with zero entry and slides for the kids along with activities and games for the kids which change daily (see schedule at each resort).

As you already mentioned, the YC/BC pool IMHO is the best for kids. They can play in the sand in and out of the water, they also have the lazy river even though it is small it is cool, and the great slide. Activities and games for the kids and a decent quick service location with hot food and adult beverages to keep you cool.

For a moderate resort the Coronado pool is better than the Boardwalk..and the Boardwalk is my favorite resort!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom