Best places for good drinks?

TestTrack

I was just curious what the 21 and up crowd thought was the best place to grab a drink...in or out of the parks(not off property though). I probably would like to try one or two during our stay and it sounded nice to, for instance, grab a drink at the lounge across from O'hana and take it back to our balcony in the longhouse(are all the drinks available in a glass you can take with you?) It sounded like a good way to end a day after the parks were close earlier in winter.

Anyone have any particular recommendations? Preferably not with dinner as I usually prefer something simpler with that.

Thanks everyone!

Disneykidder

YUM~~Mudslide at POR, Blue something or other at Advent Club, margatitas in Mexico and pineapple something or other at O'Hana's for dinner. (that one is in a pineapple hollowed out)

Upvote 0
My Mom and Aunt are betting on (for our trip in June) where to get a better margarita - Mexico or Italy. They're so frickin' funny - none of the adults can remember because last time they literally drank their way around Epcot, seeing all the shows, all the shops, etc. I remember them liking Italy's the best...it lasted them through two countries and was delish ;~)

Upvote 0

Sherrybaby

I consider my self quite a "wine snob" and I have to say that the "Kir Royale" in France is my absolute favorite in all of WDW (and we have "drank around the world"!). It's so simple -- it's just champagne and creme de cassis mixed. Ever since I had one at WDW I make them here at home. However, I cannot get the exact flavor. I have to find out when I get back what kind of champagne they use. The glass is fairly small if you are a lightweight LOL. I usually drink the first one standing there and then order another to take with me.

You can find the kiosk right outside France by the water.

I agree with Gorjus--the drinks are a little light on the alcohol so it's pretty safe to order just about anything even if you are a lightweight. This is why I usually order wine when at WDW; I see it come right out of the bottle and if it was watered down, trust me, I'd know it.

If you like Mojitos the very best place to get them (besides at home!) is at Cheeseburger in Paradise, if you happen to have that Jimmy Buffett franchise near you. I am NOT a lightweight but I find that I can only drink two of them during a dinner and then I'm pretty drunk. But I could drink 10 of them no problem--they are soooooooo delicious.

Sherry
(two sheets to the wind LOL)

Upvote 0

fizzle75

The little quick service hut in Asia that sells Mango Greet Tea Slushies!:slurp:

...and anyplace in The World that sells Gold Peak Green Tea.

Yes, I know you meant alcoholic drinks, but I don't drink so...:p!

That was done in jest folks, please don't have me drawn and quartered.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

maryszhi

I am not 21, and have never drank alchol b/f. but according to my parents epcot for theme park, gradfloridian for hotel , and in down town disney: raglean road, which is irronic because in chicago and the suburbs, there is an irish bar everywhere

Upvote 0

maryszhi

for nonalchoholic i luv the brew that they serve at cinderellas royal table
i also luv the tea in japan pavilions
i love the slushes they have at por and the water parks
oh and i love the milshakes at 50's
god i luv disney, at restarunts accross america the limits are soda, milshakes, or shirley temple/roy rogers(it gets boreing when u have a taste for something different. I luv how disney has a nice variety of non alcholoic drinks

Upvote 0

brainpile3000

Lapu Lapus and Backscratchers at the Tambu Lounge are some serious drinks--and delicious might I add.

If you venture out to the Tiki Bar by the pool at the Poly, I would suggest a Poolside Lemonade for those seeking something on the sweeter side.

But with all this being said, does anyone know where I can score some of these drink recipes or do any of you know them? I know the Poolside Lemonade recipe but I would be very very interested in learning more...

Upvote 0

Figment25

My old fav is the margarita at San Angel Inn, on the rocks, not frozen
Next I would have to say Pomegranite Splash that I had for the first time last two weeks ago at POFQ, and also Victoria Falls Mist at AKL's lounge

Upvote 0

Gorjus

Could some of you give a general description of these drinks you are mentioning? Ie: what kind of alcohol goes in it? Is it frozen or not? What kind of juices do they use?

It doesn't have to be the exact recipe because most of us probably don't know it. For example, the mango margharitas in Mexico...I'd say they take mango juice, ice, tequila, put it in a blender and serve frozen. Obviously there is more to it, but you get the point.

At Wolfgang Pucks, they have/had fruit infused martinis. They'd take giant containers and fill it with say, peeled peaches and vodka, and let it sit for a few hours. Then they would just tap it and pour it into a glass. YUM!

Upvote 0

mickeypal1

I would agree on the River Roost at Riverside. This is a great place to relax and unwind...and if Bob the piano player is there, even better. he has a great show, silly but great.....a great way to end the day.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I enjoy the Prime Time Bar at DHS... Nice to hang in the AC for a while.

The bar at the Hoop is great too. A bartender named "Ben" has a few drinks he's come up with that will make everything even more magical!

Upvote 0

brainpile3000

Could some of you give a general description of these drinks you are mentioning? Ie: what kind of alcohol goes in it? Is it frozen or not? What kind of juices do they use?

Poolside Lemonades
  • Bacardi O
  • Bacardi Razz
  • Sweet and Sour Mix
  • Grenadine
  • Splash of Sprite
Lapu Lapu -- Topped off with 151, the only ingredient I know for sure
Backscratchers -- Main alcoholic ingredient is Jack Daniels, again all I know.

If anyone is going soon and wouldn't mind taking some pictures of menus with the ingredients listed that would be awesome...

Upvote 0
Absolutely anything from the Polynesian's pool-side bar! Everything I've ever tasted there has been delicious. The drinks even come in cute glasses that make nice keepsakes. And the location can't be beat: under palm trees, on the beach, in a hammock, tropical music in the air, with the castle visible just across the lagoon...

Sigh. I wish I was there right now. :cry:

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

If you want to take a break at AK go to the DAWA bar by Tusker House. They have tables in the back that overlook water where it is relatively quiet (as Disney goes), you can grab your drink and watch the parade or the Africian dancers. Great assortment of drinks and different types of beers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom