Best place to stock up...

Pluto15

Original Poster
Hi all

Does anyone know where you could stock up on snacks and energy drinks etc when staying in Disney. We won't be hiring car but wondered if anywhere you can go to either at DTD etc like a local store or do you rely purely on resort shop. :)

daisyduckie

There are a couple of grocery delivery services. I've used Garden Grocer a few times, and there is also We Go Shop. You need to spend at least $40 for Garden Grocer, but that is pretty easy to do. You pick the day and time, and they will deliver everything to your resort. The resorts will even keep the cold stuff cold for you.

Pluto15

Original Poster
There are a couple of grocery delivery services. I've used Garden Grocer a few times, and there is also We Go Shop. You need to spend at least $40 for Garden Grocer, but that is pretty easy to do. You pick the day and time, and they will deliver everything to your resort. The resorts will even keep the cold stuff cold for you.
That's a great service. Thanks

dreamfinder

There is also a few Hess gas stations on/near property where you can stock up. You can also look into Amazon Pantry in addition to Garden Grocer and WeGoShop. GG is a limited list posted online, WeGoShop is a private shopper, will buy what you need where you want them to shop.

Pluto15

Original Poster
There is also a few Hess gas stations on/near property where you can stock up. You can also look into Amazon Pantry in addition to Garden Grocer and WeGoShop. GG is a limited list posted online, WeGoShop is a private shopper, will buy what you need where you want them to shop.

Do you know location of the garages and of transportation goes near them?

dreamfinder

There is one within walking distance of Boardwalk and also one right across the street from DTD. Google Maps should show you where exactly. There is another at the car care center, but that is much harder to get to.

Pluto15

Original Poster
There is one within walking distance of Boardwalk and also one right across the street from DTD. Google Maps should show you where exactly. There is another at the car care center, but that is much harder to get to.

Thanks :) I think I know the one at DTD that's handy to get a few items when down there. Thanks again

SnarkyMonkey

Many of the resorts have a small grocery section. I know this is true at the Poly and POR. If you aren't looking for any major groceries, these do suffice. I think there is an even larger store at the Boardwalk, but maybe someone else could confirm.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in MCO that sells items like this? I know that they are probably marked up in price but your question made me curious.

pug

Hi all

Does anyone know where you could stock up on snacks and energy drinks etc when staying in Disney. We won't be hiring car but wondered if anywhere you can go to either at DTD etc like a local store or do you rely purely on resort shop. :)
Resort shop. Any Hotel that has villas has a huge gift shop with lots of food and drinks.

Belle_MTL

We've ordered from Garden Grocer's before. They were really great to deal with. We had requested a pumpkin (it was Halloween) even though they weren't listed on their site and they went above and beyond to get us a great one at a decent price.
I've also read good things about Orlando Theme Park Shoppers.

LoveDiz

Believe it or not, we always bring these items with us as we never rent a car. I pack an extra duffle bag with a case of water, granola bars, nuts, pop tarts, etc. (Just be sure it is under the 50 lb weight limit most airlines have.) So much cheaper than buying these items on site! Then we have an extra bag coming home to bring back all our purchases.

Pluto15

Original Poster
Believe it or not, we always bring these items with us as we never rent a car. I pack an extra duffle bag with a case of water, granola bars, nuts, pop tarts, etc. (Just be sure it is under the 50 lb weight limit most airlines have.) So much cheaper than buying these items on site! Then we have an extra bag coming home to bring back all our purchases.

Sounds like a plan. There for two weeks so good to have some snacks etc

NiarrNDisney

We usually rent a car but when we haven't we have taken a cab to some of theses local spots.
Though they can be a little pricey we head over to Crossroads Gooding's to pick up drinks and snacks!
Also the Hess stations around property have been helpful.
Lastly I am able to shop and dine at SoG so we have taken full advantage of the Shopette inside the resort.

Pluto15

Original Poster
We usually rent a car but when we haven't we have taken a cab to some of theses local spots.
Though they can be a little pricey we head over to Crossroads Gooding's to pick up drinks and snacks!
Also the Hess stations around property have been helpful.
Lastly I am able to shop and dine at SoG so we have taken full advantage of the Shopette inside the resort.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Is crossroads at downtown Disney when you walk last some of the hotel and come to a Disney entrance? If I remember correct I think there are a few shops and dining place?

thomas998

Would recommend that as being very cost effective... We used the Hess option once because they were close but you pay dearly compared to other options.

S. Paridon

Many of the resorts have a small grocery section. I know this is true at the Poly and POR. If you aren't looking for any major groceries, these do suffice. I think there is an even larger store at the Boardwalk, but maybe someone else could confirm.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in MCO that sells items like this? I know that they are probably marked up in price but your question made me curious.
The resort groceries are expensive. You get half the size for twice the price. You take a beating just to get some milk!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom