Best place to get a steak.

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
I was looking through the old threads about the steaks at WDW, but couldn't find anything new about them. I was wondering who makes the best/most tender? I mainly need a tender steak even if it's not the "best." Thanks

DreamalittleDisney

Never done celier but did yachtsman for thr first time.in October last year and it's on our book again list for May2020

Nottamus

OK, I'll be the different one.

We did the Boathouse and Le Cellier, and although very good...not the best IMO. (and taste is definitely an opinion)

Sanaa in AKL Kidani remains my favorite flavored steak in WDW. Your opinion might vary...but thats fine! Eat em all

I was looking through the old threads about the steaks at WDW, but couldn't find anything new about them. I was wondering who makes the best/most tender? I mainly need a tender steak even if it's not the "best." Thanks
Tiffin's. Hands down. I have had steak at all resort restaurants (except V and A). The steak at tiffin's is one of he best I have ever had anywhere.

Weather_Lady

If you're looking for a less formal, non-signature experience, the Serious Steak at Raglan Road in Disney Springs ("10oz sirloin, mashed potatoes, battered onion rings and whiskey peppercorn sauce") is melt-in-your-mouth superb... as is the live evening Irish step-dancing entertainment, the Guinness, and the Bread 'n Butter pudding dessert!

DisAl

During our trip in March we had great steaks at Flying Fish, Narcoossee's, California Grill, and The Wave (Contemporary). All of these we considered better than Le Cellier. The décor at The Wave may not be as fancy as the others but they had one of the best steaks.

Lensman

When you say you want the most tender steak, do you have a particular cut in mind? For example, do you want to restrict yourself to the tenderloin and so are looking for the best filet mignon at WDW? I usually find most filets to be more than adequately tender, and so the difficulty there is to find someplace that can bring the flavor.

Or do you have another different favorite cut of beef so you're looking for, say, the most tender strip loin at WDW?

I haven't been to Schula's but I've heard so much about it that it's my next stop, though STK has also caught my eye. I like the experience where you get one or two giant steaks that come to the table cut-up for sharing.

Two other places I'm considering are Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs and Teppan Edo at Epcot. These are more of niche selections because I'd be getting the Japanese A5 Wagyu beef prepared Ishiyaki-style at Morimoto for $24 an ounce (crazy!), or the sukiyaki-sliced Wagyu prepared teppanyaki-style at Teppan Edo. I can't figure out whether Teppan Edo is using real imported Japanese Wagyu or domestic American Wagyu.

Hockey89

Two other places I'm considering are Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs and Teppan Edo at Epcot. These are more of niche selections because I'd be getting the Japanese A5 Wagyu beef prepared Ishiyaki-style at Morimoto for $24 an ounce (crazy!), or the sukiyaki-sliced Wagyu prepared teppanyaki-style at Teppan Edo. I can't figure out whether Teppan Edo is using real imported Japanese Wagyu or domestic American Wagyu.
Usually it runs about $25 to $35 an OZ, so looking at the price at Teppan it is hard to tell lol...

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses.. I'll say this, the best steak I've personally have ever had was the outlaw at Longhorns.... so I'm thinking some of these suggestions are a cut above that. Thanks again

Lensman

Thanks for the responses.. I'll say this, the best steak I've personally have ever had was the outlaw at Longhorns.... so I'm thinking some of these suggestions are a cut above that. Thanks again
Don't be intimidated by some of the fancier places. I've had some mediocre steaks at fine dining places, and some decent ones at Saltgrass. Longhorn has a reputation for being the best casual steakhouse chain in the country, serving aged high quality beef. [Note: They say aged, but I'm assuming it's wet aged and for who knows how long?]

Anyway, on a related topic, in your original post you mentioned your fondness for tender and you've mentioned ribeye. Are you particularly fond of the ribeye cap? It's that outer band of rich, super-tender meat on the outside of the ribeye, and is one of my favorite bites.

So many steaks, so few years...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom