Best place outside MK to view NYE fireworks?

imamouse

Original Poster
I'm going to be in Kissimmee Dec 27-31, but have not planned to go to WDW due to the crowds. However, I would like to see the New Years Eve fireworks that will be presented on Dec 29, 30 & 31. In addition to the beach at the Poly, what other viewing areas outside of the MK are recommended?

JML42691

I would have to go with the beach at the poly, I believe that the area in front of the gates might be another area, but I've never tried it.

JML42691

I have. Poly is great. Contemporary roof would be the ideal spot.
How is it there, I have never really given it a whole lot of thought, I kind of assumed that the train station would get in the way of the castle and fireworks :shrug:

btw, I love your avatar

jt04

^ Considering the Contemporary is much, much taller than the train station, it wouldn't block your view at all.

Are people still allowed up there? I almost never see people up there anymore. Do you need a reservation, do they limit numbers etc? I think it would be pretty amazing from there.

PhotoDave219

How is it there, I have never really given it a whole lot of thought, I kind of assumed that the train station would get in the way of the castle and fireworks :shrug:

btw, I love your avatar

Okay... you need a reservation to be on the roof of the contemporary. However, you don't need one to visit the hotel and watch from the observation deck on the 4th floor. The train station will not be in the way.

As for the avatar... heh. I've shot a few of their shows. Good stuff. Good music.

JML42691

Sorry, I should have worded my previous post a little bit better, I meant to ask how is the view from in front of the gates, not on the top of the Contemporary. :eek:

PhotoDave219

Sorry, I should have worded my previous post a little bit better, I meant to ask how is the view from in front of the gates, not on the top of the Contemporary. :eek:

Not that good. Its only good for getting a picture of fireworks overtop of the train station, or fireworks over 7 seas lagoon.

imamouse

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions. Will the boats be allowed to cross from WL to MK during the fireworks? If I could time it right, that could be great.

Hawk

i'd have thought anywhere other than inside the MK, the fireworks would be too far away to be much good, i've usually watched any firework displays from Main St, last time we watched from the bit between Dumbo and where it goes into ToonTown, because the fireworks go off from different areas, it was like watching 2 different displays, i didn't enjoy them at all like that, i cant imagine watching from anywhere other than Main St and enjoying it as much

imamouse

Original Poster
We now have an 8:25 pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe (WL) on Dec 29, so that gets us in the neighborhood. Hopefully, we can take the boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail to the Poly. If the monorail is off limits to non-resort guests, we will shoot for either the 4th floor observation deck at the Contemporary or take the boat to FW and watch from the beach.

I wish that there was a good viewing location at the WL. We've seen the MK fireworks from the parking lot and from our room (6th fl - MK side woods view) before, so if all else fails - that's a last resort (literally :lol:).

Any other suggestions? Thanks everyone :wave:.

robw1997

We always watch from the ferry boat landing at the TTC. You really cannot see the train station from the Contemporary. You can only see it at an angle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom