Best place for breakfast in any park?

fizzle75

DH and I went to the Main Street Bakery for the first time ever on Monday morning. Oh. My. Gods. The cinnamon roll I had WAS to die for. DH enjoyed an egg, ham, and cheese croissant, and the other selections of pastries and breakfast bits was very nice.

We ate breakfast there for the first time back in April and loooved it! Nothing fancy but a great place for a "light" breakfast. The ham,egg and cheese croissant was fantastic and they serve this amazing fruit and granola yogurt cup thingy that I have been craving ever since we got back. If I'm not mistaken, most of the resorts and breakfast dining spots in the parks serve alot of the same things but somehow breakfast at Main Street Bakery just tasted better.

I still say,if you have the time, skip the parks and eat breakfast at Boma or Whispering Canyon though. If you do eat at Whispering Canyon be sure to ask for the server named "Hickory", she's fantastic!
mattskeeterandhickory.jpg

ryguy

The character breakfast at MGM is pretty darn good. Its at Hollywood and vine and is a buffet. It's not very crowded and if you go around 11:30 am you can get both breakfast and lunch. :sohappy: Crystal Palace is always a safe bet as well.

SPOERLX3

I agree

:wave: :wave: :sohappy: :sohappy: One Breakfast that really stands out was Restaurantasaurus Breakfast . On one trip I took my nephew and this was awesome the characters were so interacive and the food!!! There was nothing you could think of you wanted there was so much and it was delicious!!

I agree, Donald's Breakfastasaurus is WONDERFUL, It will be closing for good on November 5th :cry: to make way for Donald's Safari Breakfast. I hope that it is the same. We are going in December and I was wanting to go back to the Breakfastasaurus but it will be closed by then, we are going to try the Safari Breakfast and because of all the help that I have gotten on my postings, we are also going to O'hana for breakfast. Can't wait!:sohappy:

Belle1984

I would definitely say first to go to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. The CM are great who work there. The food is fabulous. It's a great time. I had so much fun at that breakfast. My second favorite for breakfast is the 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridan Resort. That breakfast has different Disney characters walking around and the food is great there too!

fizzle75

I agree, Donald's Breakfastasaurus is WONDERFUL, It will be closing for good on November 5th :cry: to make way for Donald's Safari Breakfast. I hope that it is the same. We are going in December and I was wanting to go back to the Breakfastasaurus but it will be closed by then, we are going to try the Safari Breakfast and because of all the help that I have gotten on my postings, we are also going to O'hana for breakfast. Can't wait!:sohappy:

My wife and I have booked Donald's Breakfastosaurus every trip and for various reasons kept having to cancel it. On our last trip I was determined to actually keep our reservation and I was really excited about it, I had heard lots of good things about it so I figured it would be awesome. WRONG! We hated the chaotic line in front of the buffet and the line seemed to move at a snails pace. When I get hungry, I get lightheaded, sick to my stomach and very, very irritable. Halfway through the line I was so hungry and angry that I was seriously considering popping someone in the nose as they walked by me with their plate and then taking their plate and running like a wild man out the door as I wolfed it down!:lol: When we finally got up to the buffet we spent what seemed like an eternity finding a plate that wasn't "crusty".:hurl:

My wife is a major germiphobe, and I am too but not to the extent she is, so this really freaked us out. The food was OK but I was still freaked out by the "funky,crusty" plates and this put a big damper on the enjoyment of our meal. We may have just caught them on an off day though, having worked in food service for several years I totally understand but IMHO there is no excuse for dirty dishes...unless your dishwasher is a dog named Snots who just licks the plates clean. Despite the bad experience, the nice photo op out front and the characters,especially Donald, made up for it. I can't wait for Donald's Breakfast Safari though, I'm hoping the quality will be much better. Animal Kingdom sorely needs a good breakfast place. Where exactly is this gonna be, I haven't heard much about it somehow?:shrug:

mitchk

My family loves the Restaurantasaurus Breakfast in AK. We always make our reservation for a very early time (1-1.5 hours before park opening) The buffet is great. The character interaction is great also

We then hang there until just minutes before park opening. Then leave. You don't have to exit the park or go back to the holding area. You can walk toward the New Nemo Show building path which takes you to Asia. If you do this you get to EE before anyone else. You can get fastpass and go on the standby line and be in one of the first trains of the day.:sohappy:

That's exactly what I do. I already have reservations for Donald's in September :slurp:

ThinkTink721

I'm coming to Disney World in the summer and just wondering if anyone knows the best place to get breakfast from in all parks?

Thanks
Rich
TS Character B'fast:
Donald Breakfastosaurus at AK :slurp: (buffet) (closing 11/2/07-new b'fast at Tusker House)
The Crystal Palace at MK:slurp:
Cape May Cafe' at Beach Club resort
Cinderella's Royal Table at MK:king:
Princess Storybook in Norway at Epcot:king:
'Ohana's Best Friends at Poly resort
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary resort:slurp:
1900 Park Fare at GF resort:slurp:
Garden Grove Cafe' at Swan resort
Hollywood & Vine at MGM:slurp:

Regular TS B'fast:
Trail's End at FW resort (buffet)
Boatwright's Dining Hall at POR resort
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court at POFQ resort:slurp:
Boma at AKL
Concourse Steakhouse at Contemporary resort
Kona Cafe' at Poly resort
Maya Grill at Coronado Springs resort
Olivia's Cafe' at Old Key West resort
Spoodles's at Boardwalk resort
Whispering Canyon Cafe' at WL
Yacht Club Galley at Yacht Club resort

CS B'fast:
Tusker House at AK (converting to TS in 11/07)
Starring Rolls Cafe' at MGM
Main Street Bakery at MK
Boardwalk Bakery at Boardwalk resort
Captain Cook's Snack Co. at Poly resort
Earl of Sandwich at DTD
Electric Umbrella at Epcot
Everything Pop Food Court at Pop Century resort
ABC Commissary at MGM
Food and Fun Center at Contemporary resort
Fresh Mediterranean Market at Dolphin
Gaspirilla Grill & Games at GF
Good's Food To Go at OKW resort
Kusafiri Coffee Shop at AK
World Premiere Food Court at ASMo
Intermission Food Court at ASMu
Old Port Royale Food Court at CB resort
Pepper Market at CS resort
Picabu's at Dolphin resort
Riverside Mill Food Court at POR resort
Roaring Fork Snacks at WL
End Zone Food Court at AS Sports resort
Sunshine Season Food Fair in The Land at Epcot
The Artist's Palette at Saratoga Springs resort
The Mara at AKL
Wolfgang Puck® Express at DTD Marketplace

These are the ones that come to mind.
I'm sure there are others.

I hope this helps!
:wave:

bhg469

It's not the easiest place to get to if you're not staying there, but breakfast at Boatwright's Dining Hall in POR is not to be missed! We love their Sweet Potato pancakes and stuffed French toast! :slurp: We take a bus from any of the parks there. It's worth it!

Ugh im so hungry now, that french toast is amazing!

mitchk

Electric Umbrella doesn't have breakfast anymore. Last time I was there (May) I went there for breakfast, and they told me they had discontinued breakfast :shrug:

ThinkTink721

Electric Umbrella doesn't have breakfast anymore. Last time I was there (May) I went there for breakfast, and they told me they had discontinued breakfast :shrug:
:cry: We have only been there for lunch.
I also heard that Fountainview at Epcot was closed too.

Ella's Mommy

I thought Minnie's was family style as well and Ohana was the name of the restaurant in which it was held... :shrug:
I remember loving their costumes! I have some of the cutest pictures from there!

As a kid I just remember it being called Minnie's Menehuney(spelling?) It was a buffet back then, cause I remember taking to much one time and my mom yelling at me cause I was never a big eater. I want to say the name O'hana's came later but thats a little fuzzy? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong:shrug:

SPOERLX3

I hate that

My wife and I have booked Donald's Breakfastosaurus every trip and for various reasons kept having to cancel it. On our last trip I was determined to actually keep our reservation and I was really excited about it, I had heard lots of good things about it so I figured it would be awesome. WRONG! We hated the chaotic line in front of the buffet and the line seemed to move at a snails pace. When I get hungry, I get lightheaded, sick to my stomach and very, very irritable. Halfway through the line I was so hungry and angry that I was seriously considering popping someone in the nose as they walked by me with their plate and then taking their plate and running like a wild man out the door as I wolfed it down!:lol: When we finally got up to the buffet we spent what seemed like an eternity finding a plate that wasn't "crusty".:hurl:

My wife is a major germiphobe, and I am too but not to the extent she is, so this really freaked us out. The food was OK but I was still freaked out by the "funky,crusty" plates and this put a big damper on the enjoyment of our meal. We may have just caught them on an off day though, having worked in food service for several years I totally understand but IMHO there is no excuse for dirty dishes...unless your dishwasher is a dog named Snots who just licks the plates clean. Despite the bad experience, the nice photo op out front and the characters,especially Donald, made up for it. I can't wait for Donald's Breakfast Safari though, I'm hoping the quality will be much better. Animal Kingdom sorely needs a good breakfast place. Where exactly is this gonna be, I haven't heard much about it somehow?:shrug:

This bums me out that you had such a horrible experience and crusty plates would have made me sick!:hurl:
I haven't been to Disney in a couple of years but the one thing that our kids wanted to make sure of is that we were eating at the dinasaur place. We are going back in December and eventhough my kids are now 17 & 14, they wanted to go back. I too am excited about the safari breakfast and I hope it is great! :slurp:

k.hunter30

As a kid I just remember it being called Minnie's Menehuney(spelling?) It was a buffet back then, cause I remember taking to much one time and my mom yelling at me cause I was never a big eater. I want to say the name O'hana's came later but thats a little fuzzy? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong:shrug:
Now that you mention it, I can picture myself getting Mickey waffles at a buffet... :slurp: I must be mixing my memories up! :rolleyes:

shumphr2

IMHO if you are looking for a character breakfast Chef Mickey's is unbeatable It is the quintessintal character breakfast.

If you are looking for a noncharacter breakfast.....Trails End Breakfast Buffett at FW....It is absolutely delicious.....

I hope you enjoy what ever you choose....:wave:

Cinderella1976

TS Character B'fast:
Donald Breakfastosaurus at AK :slurp: (buffet) (closing 11/2/07-new b'fast at Tusker House)
The Crystal Palace at MK:slurp:
Cape May Cafe' at Beach Club resort
Cinderella's Royal Table at MK:king:
Princess Storybook in Norway at Epcot:king:
'Ohana's Best Friends at Poly resort
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary resort:slurp:
1900 Park Fare at GF resort:slurp:
Garden Grove Cafe' at Swan resort
Hollywood & Vine at MGM:slurp:

Regular TS B'fast:
Trail's End at FW resort (buffet)
Boatwright's Dining Hall at POR resort
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court at POFQ resort:slurp:
Boma at AKL
Concourse Steakhouse at Contemporary resort
Kona Cafe' at Poly resort
Maya Grill at Coronado Springs resort
Olivia's Cafe' at Old Key West resort
Spoodles's at Boardwalk resort
Whispering Canyon Cafe' at WL
Yacht Club Galley at Yacht Club resort

CS B'fast:
Tusker House at AK (converting to TS in 11/07)
Starring Rolls Cafe' at MGM
Main Street Bakery at MK
Boardwalk Bakery at Boardwalk resort
Captain Cook's Snack Co. at Poly resort
Earl of Sandwich at DTD
Electric Umbrella at Epcot
Everything Pop Food Court at Pop Century resort
ABC Commissary at MGM
Food and Fun Center at Contemporary resort
Fresh Mediterranean Market at Dolphin
Gaspirilla Grill & Games at GF
Good's Food To Go at OKW resort
Kusafiri Coffee Shop at AK
World Premiere Food Court at ASMo
Intermission Food Court at ASMu
Old Port Royale Food Court at CB resort
Pepper Market at CS resort
Picabu's at Dolphin resort
Riverside Mill Food Court at POR resort
Roaring Fork Snacks at WL
End Zone Food Court at AS Sports resort
Sunshine Season Food Fair in The Land at Epcot
The Artist's Palette at Saratoga Springs resort
The Mara at AKL
Wolfgang Puck® Express at DTD Marketplace

These are the ones that come to mind.
I'm sure there are others.

I hope this helps!

WOW Tink!! You really did your homework :lol: I think you pretty much covered it.

darrin933

I am really surprised that more people did not talk about Cinderellas royal breakfast. It is probably the hardest breakfast to get into.

willythelab

Cape may cafe'

The best breakfast I ever had was at the garden grill in the land pavilion at epcot. I think they quit doing it so you gotta try cape may cafe' at beach club. It's an awesome buffet with characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom