Best Place for Birthday Meal

kennedyxxxx

Original Poster
Hi!

I will be spending my birthday in August on resort and want to know what you think the best place to spend a birthday evening meal is?

Eric Graham

Last time ate at Le Cellier and was wearing a birthday pin, they didn't even acknowledge it was my birthday the second time there..actually they were very nice the first time....so not this place after the second time...would've been nice for a Happy Birthday...

Last edited:

christine7257

Dinner at Jiko in Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of my favorites and you can really make a whole evening out of exploring around the whole resort -- the store, wood carvers, lobby exhibits, lounge, animals on the savanna, night vision goggles etc.

Flying Fish is one of my favorite restaurants on property and love an evening stroll around the Boardwalk.

Timed with fireworks, dinner at Topolino's (EPCOT fireworks) or Narcoossee's (MK fireworks) are both incredible. Great food and service even without fireworks - it just adds a little something.

Also wouldn't knock dinner in your favorite park and just soaking up the atmosphere. What are you hoping for with this birthday dinner? Budget? Specific food/drink wishes? Transportation?

JIMINYCR

Youll probably get a wide range of spots because everyones tastes and likes differ. For your Birthday I would suggest looking for a restaurant that offers you the type of meal youd best like, maybe something out of the ordinary that you havent wanted to order for yourself before because of the cost. Along with that what theming suits you best. Some places are better themed than others. There are dining menus available for you to scan through and get an idea of whats available along with the costs. and as mentioned above, which park would you want to spend your evening at that delivers you the most fun on your day?
Wearing a birthday button, mentioning your celebrating a birthday to your server may get you a free dessert or something plussed for you, but that is totally up to the discretion of your server. Being pleasant, not asking for something or expecting something helps in many cases.
Have an enjoyable and fun Birthday at WDW.

Eric Graham

Youll probably get a wide range of spots because everyones tastes and likes differ. For your Birthday I would suggest looking for a restaurant that offers you the type of meal youd best like, maybe something out of the ordinary that you havent wanted to order for yourself before because of the cost. Along with that what theming suits you best. Some places are better themed than others. There are dining menus available for you to scan through and get an idea of whats available along with the costs. and as mentioned above, which park would you want to spend your evening at that delivers you the most fun on your day?
Wearing a birthday button, mentioning your celebrating a birthday to your server may get you a free dessert or something plussed for you, but that is totally up to the discretion of your server. Being pleasant, not asking for something or expecting something helps in many cases.
Have an enjoyable and fun Birthday at WDW.
You're always so very nice and pleasant with your posts....Thank you so very much for that.

JIMINYCR

You're always so very nice and pleasant with your posts....Thank you so very much for that.
Yeah being nasty to others seems to be the forte for many on here. Thats not the way I live life. Operating my own business and dealing with a variety of people daily has taught me to respect everyone. But I will stand up for myself and my views and that has at times irritated the site moderator.

Eric Graham

Yeah being nasty to others seems to be the forte for many on here. Thats not the way I live life. Operating my own business and dealing with a variety of people daily has taught me to respect everyone. But I will stand up for myself and my views and that has at times irritated the site moderator.
Your description with nasty people and the forte kind of reminds me of an Eagles song...Hotel what was it Self Destruction Perhaps :p

Last edited:

Eric Graham

Quite honestly, I believe people began abusing the whole birthday thing and always saying it's my birthday blah blah blah and then the wonderful servers and restaurant owners I assume (I don't know) got fed up and had enough.

JIMINYCR

Quite honestly, I believe people began abusing the whole birthday thing and always saying it's my birthday blah blah blah and then the wonderful servers and restaurant owners I assume (I don't know) got fed up and had enough.
Of course. When it got publicized on almost every dis fan site that having a birthday gets you FREE stuff then everyone is expecting it. Dis even says guests can celebrate birthdays and other events on trips even though those events aren’t specifically on their trip dates.
You can only give away so much free stuff. Imagine if everyone that enters the gates got something free. Everyone has a bday, anniversary, and celebration of some kind.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Of course. When it got publicized on almost every dis fan site that having a birthday gets you FREE stuff then everyone is expecting it. Dis even says guests can celebrate birthdays and other events on trips even though those events aren’t specifically on their trip dates.
.You can only give away so much free stuff. Imagine if everyone that enters the gates got something free. Everyone has a bday, anniversary, and celebration of some kind.
We like the bday buttons (as well as the other ones) mainly to commemorate our trip. If we do end up getting something, it's an added bonus and we appreciate the pixie dust. I remember when my youngest son was just a newborn, my mom had just had a pacemaker placed and was in a wheelchair, and it was hotter than the sun. We stopped into Columbia Harbor House to take a break in the afternoon and the place was totally empty. We must have been a sight because the next thing I knew, we got cupcakes and a certificate saying we were the "Family of the Day". It's one of our favorite memories visiting WDW, even nearly 20 yrs later. I think if disney gave out treats just because of a "I'm celebrating" button, it would no longer be special when they do pixie dust you.

JIMINYCR

We like the bday buttons (as well as the other ones) mainly to commemorate our trip. If we do end up getting something, it's an added bonus and we appreciate the pixie dust. I remember when my youngest son was just a newborn, my mom had just had a pacemaker placed and was in a wheelchair, and it was hotter than the sun. We stopped into Columbia Harbor House to take a break in the afternoon and the place was totally empty. We must have been a sight because the next thing I knew, we got cupcakes and a certificate saying we were the "Family of the Day". It's one of our favorite memories visiting WDW, even nearly 20 yrs later. I think if disney gave out treats just because of a "I'm celebrating" button, it would no longer be special when they do pixie dust you.
Great memory. One year we were on a trip that included our 25th anniversary. The TA noted it on our reservation without us knowing. When we checked into POFQ there was Mickey/ Minnie kissing figurine on our bed with a note from the resort mgr wishing us a happy anniversary and wonderful stay.
Again not expecting or asking for anything but received a surprise out of the blue.

zurgandfriend

Both my DW and my DS celebrated birthdays at the California Grill. Food was excellent, cast members very attentive, and we watched the fireworks from the roof. I ordered a cake each time without a hitch.

We also had breakfast the morning of my DW's birthday at Whispering Canyon. We informed our server and it was memorable.

Eric Graham

Both my DW and my DS celebrated birthdays at the California Grill. Food was excellent, cast members very attentive, and we watched the fireworks from the roof. I ordered a cake each time without a hitch.

We also had breakfast the morning of my DW's birthday at Whispering Canyon. We informed our server and it was memorable.
The Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun....My wife and I found out really quickly not to ask for the ketchup :p

JohnD

Hi!

I will be spending my birthday in August on resort and want to know what you think the best place to spend a birthday evening meal is?
Here's what I suggest: Make a reservation for California Grill just before the MK fireworks. Go outside and view them and return to your table to finish your meal. Every restaurant asks for "celebrations." Tell them your birthday and find out what they do for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom