Best Park to visit on Christmas

barnum42

Can't speak from personal experience, but I'd suspect Epcot - as it has more space and is probably seen less as a "Magical Xmas" location

Chape19714

Epcot has candlelight processional and holidays around the world, both very popular christmas events. Personally, I'd go to Animal Kindom, because of the short hours, then go back and look at all the hotels decked out for the holidays. If not, try Epcot, just don't try Epcot on New Years' Eve! :eek:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would go with EPCOT. The Holidays around the world is very interesting to see and the Candlelight Processional is one of the best shows I've seen (including Broadway shows). IF you do the Candlelight Processional you might want to do the dinner package, it just creates less hassle for you and peace of mind that you'll have a seat.

robhedin

amykissangel said:
What happens at Epcot on New Year's Eve? :veryconfu

Lots of Fun Stuff! "Epcot's New Years Eve Spectacular!"

Early showing of Illuminations + Holiday Tag (very cool)
11:40 showing of Illuminations, followed by NYE show

We also usually celebrate dinner in the UK about 7pm and "ring in the new year" with the UK people. I believe France / Italy / Germany cast also have an impromtu celebration at the appropriate time(s).

Free Hats and Noise Makers;

After the first Illuminations they also have dance floors in front of the fountain, in China, Japan with DJs and effects, and they usually have a band at the American Adventure Theatre.

Lots and lots of fun, but very crowded.

rob.

Sunny04

When we went at Christmas time we went to MGM on Christmas day and it was nearly empty most of the day. Epcot is large, so people tend to say go there on Christmas, but our experience said MGM.

wedway71

We went last year around the Holidays and loved Epcot due to the fact you can see how other countries celebrate the holidays in World Showcase.Its neat to see other countries holiday traditions such as Xmas and Chanuka.

col

i was in MK for xmas day and i wasnt as packed as people on these boards say it is. dont get me wrong it does get packed but thats what you expect during xmas and new years.

people on these boards say it goes in this order (which park gets packed first):
1st -MK
2nd -EPCOT
3rd -MGM
4th -AK

next time i go over xmas i am going to AK on xmas day as MK and AK are my fave parks and i couldnt think of a better place to be on xmas day!!!!

what ever park you go to try and make time to see the CP in epcot it really is worth seeing and is something that you will always remember.

what ever park you decide to go to even though it will be crowded just seeing the decorations and being there for the atmosphere is all worth it.:)

allabtbrdway

my family and I have been there for christmas for the past 5 years and it is amazing! we always do christmas eve at EPCOT b/c like everyone has said, they have the "santas from every country" and the processional. We always do MK for Christmas day, i know we are crazy, but its tradition! We used to alway have cinnabons for breakfast and the ones from the mainstreet bakery substitute just fine:animwink:. Also, while it is SOOO crowded, everyone is in the christmas spirit and it just seems right to be in MK that day! Being there makes christmas magical! :) if you want no crowds Id say go to MGM and if want to join in on festivities taking place at your hotel, Animal Kingdom is a good place to go b/c of the short hours!! Sorry i know this was a long one but i hope i helped a little and maybe i will see ya down there! :xmas:

DigitalDisney

Best != Least crowded

That being said, I'd go w/Epcot. Every part of Epcot is decorated in some form or another for Christmas. Every country does something worth seeing, not to mention the Candlelight Processional, and the awesome Light display that connects FW with WS. Also, don't forget the adjacent YC/BC/Boardwalk, which are worth checking out at Christmas time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom