Best Park in WDW (not favorite)

What is the best (not your favorite) park at WDW?

• Magic Kingdom

• Epcot

• Disney's Hollywood Studios

• Disney's Animal Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
As the parks have just begun to pick up pace once again, many feel that the parks could be better, which they certainly could - but they're still great in many cases. This brings me to this thread.

What is the best park in your opinion? Not what park is your favorite - which one is the best to you. I know this is subjective still, but it's a good conversation to have.

Last edited:

TheDowntownDino

This is a difficult conversation to have without context of who you're with, what you're looking for, etc. I think DHS is the best due to the easy transportation, variety of rides and shows for all ages. Similar feeling about Epcot but probably isn't as strong all-around as many young children don't want to spend time there. Then again, Magic Kingdom is packed with all types of attractions for everyone. Basically what I'm getting at is that each park could be considered best for different types of people/trips, which I'm sure was Disney's goal.

LeighM

For me, it's still a tie between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. My husband and I have discussed this for our last few trips. MK, in my opinion is the best at being inclusive for families. There are so many rides where multi generations and those with handicaps can experience an attraction together. I think Animal Kingdom is best at transporting someone to another place. It can be a very immersive experience.

scarr13311

Epcot when the crowds are down it is relaxing to stroll thru the showcase and visit all the countries. Also really nice to sit by the lake and just enjoy a cold drink. But then there is my other choice Magic Kingdom, I love all the detail, color and music. Also I can spend hours looking at the castle, especially at night.

TheDuke

The best/favorite distinction in anything is so pretentious because it implies that there's some kind of objective best in something like movies or music. That makes even less sense for theme parks. The goal is just to have fun, so the one where you have the most fun is the one you think is best.

Anyway, Magic Kingdom. It has the most to do and I like the theming in Liberty Square, New Fantasyland, and the castle.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I can tell I am getting older- if you would have asked 16 year old me this question it would be as follows:

1. MK
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Typhoon Lagoon
4. Blizzard Beach
5. Disney Quest
6. Being hit by a Disney resort bus
7. AK
8. Epcot

Really? Haha well back then I'm sure AK had less to do and Epcot had less thrills. But even then, if yiu asked me 10 years ago or longer I would have said Animal Kingdom still xD to each their own.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Interesting. Very little Hollywood Studios here. I guess I can see that as it's sort empty right now.

Hcalvert

This is a difficult conversation to have without context of who you're with, what you're looking for, etc. I think DHS is the best due to the easy transportation, variety of rides and shows for all ages. Similar feeling about Epcot but probably isn't as strong all-around as many young children don't want to spend time there. Then again, Magic Kingdom is packed with all types of attractions for everyone. Basically what I'm getting at is that each park could be considered best for different types of people/trips, which I'm sure was Disney's goal.

You're right about the context. If you would have asked my children which was the best park five years ago, they would have overwhelmingly said Epcot. Why? They loved the hands-on activities in Innoventions. They talked about it for days afterwards and my youngest told his teacher all about it the following year. Both love science, so it catered a lot to their interests. My oldest liked the variability of lunch choices. They were really upset when everything moved out of Innoventions.

When I saw this post originally, I thought Magic Kingdom because of the rides, experiences, as well as the proximity to various modes of transportation, but the crowds are beyond ridiculous and people seemed more obnoxious the past few years. Then I started thinking about AK. The immersive environment and the message of conservation appeals to me at AK, and I find it more relaxing. I've never seen Avatar, so the land doesn't speak to me, but I like FOP and the restaurant. I've never really cared for Hollywood Studios more than a half day park. I don't like public water parks, so I have never been to the BB or TL.

Therefore, I really cannot make a decision and that is why I have been getting Hopper passes for the last five years as I go to the different parks as the mood swings me and where I have fastpasses that day. Such a evasive, non-answer to the original post. Sorry.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Original Poster

You are very right and I was aware of this when making the thread :) I'm thinking that, even though it is subjective and dependent o who you're with, what park do you think is the best (artistically speaking). Many people would call it "objective speaking" but I avoid the term when in such an inherently subjective scenario.

Smiley/OCD

As the parks currently stand in stagnation, many feel that the parks could be better, which they certainly could - but they're still great in many cases. This brings me to this thread.

What is the best park in your opinion? Not what park is your favorite - which one is the best to you. I know this is subjective still, but it's a good conversation to have.

As the parks stand in stagnation?? Let's see...Tron, a new speedway in MK, GOTC, Ratatouille and a new space themed restaurant in Epcot, not to mention TSL and SWL in HWD and Pandora, just a few years old in AK...what are you talking about? There are now new E-ticket attractions in all parks being built or planned and the parks are in stagnation? Some people on here are just NEVER satisfied...maybe you would rather have WDW like Six Flags Great Adventure by us in NJ...1 new ride usually every year, and you pray your car is still in the parking lot when you leave...I don't consider myself a pixie duster or a doom & gloomer....I tell it like it is...GET A GRIP...I am super psyched for all the new additions. I've been going since 1993, and I honestly don't remember when all the parks were being mentioned in one sentence.
Oh, and to answer your question, MK is and will always be my favorite/ best with Epcot a close, VERY CLOSE second.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
As the parks stand in stagnation?? Let's see...Tron, a new speedway in MK, GOTC, Ratatouille and a new space themed restaurant in Epcot, not to mention TSL and SWL in HWD and Pandora, just a few years old in AK...what are you talking about? There are now new E-ticket attractions in all parks being built or planned and the parks are in stagnation? Some people on here are just NEVER satisfied...maybe you would rather have WDW like Six Flags Great Adventure by us in NJ...1 new ride usually every year, and you pray your car is still in the parking lot when you leave...I don't consider myself a pixie duster or a doom & gloomer....I tell it like it is...GET A GRIP...I am super psyched for all the new additions. I've been going since 1993, and I honestly don't remember when all the parks were being mentioned in one sentence.
Oh, and to answer your question, MK is and will always be my favorite/ best with Epcot a close, VERY CLOSE second.

Chill lol that was not the main point of my words nor do I think the parks are currently stagnant. I just feel that stagnation is the community's opinion which is what mayters - not mine. Either way there isn't a reason to get angry.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I'm not necessarily angry per se, but when I see comments like yours I just naturally get a little peeved...maybe I aimed my aggravation at your post incorrectly, but seeing the overwhelming doom & gloomers on these threads...I hope you understand where I'm coming from. Sorry if it came across that way.

You're good :) I happen to love WDW and hope they maintain their current growth

justintheharris

Depends of what you mean by best... I'll go with an unpopular choice - Epcot.
  • Lots of great dining options at all price points
  • Lots of shops with varied souvenirs
  • Lots of toilets without lines
  • Fine landscaping
  • Great architecture with plazas
  • Rides that appeal to multiple generations
What about rides? Probably the most important aspect of an amusement park. EPCOT scores laughably in that category. And I heavily contest that rides such as Living With The Land are enjoyed by my generations. In reality, Soarin and Test Track are both overrated but are only so popular because theyre in a park with nothing to do.But you’re not wrong about anything else. EPCOT is great in every other category. It just sucks super badly with the biggest necessity.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
What about rides? Probably the most important aspect of an amusement park. EPCOT scores laughably in that category. And I heavily contest that rides such as Living With The Land are enjoyed by my generations. In reality, Soarin and Test Track are both overrated but are only so popular because theyre in a park with nothing to do.But you’re not wrong about anything else. EPCOT is great in every other category. It just sucks super badly with the biggest necessity.

Lol I just noticed that one of Epcot's best qualities is its toilets xD Epcot might be in trouble

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom