Best Park EMH?

k.hunter30

So while I'd love to take advantage of all the extra magic hours at WDW, I'm afraid I'll be too tired to stay up late and get up early that often. :snore: Is that really an issue? If I were to pick a few to take advantage of, which would you say are the most worth-while?

We always try to get to AK when it opens early to try to see the animals when they're most active. Also, we love being in MK late at night. However, while I'm there, the MK evening hours are the night before the AK morning hours... I'm not sure I'll be able to take advantage of all those extra hours!

Scooter

If you are staying on property in a Disney Resort, I would suggest you go back to your resort at lunchtime and have some quiet time and/or nap time so you are well rested for Extra Magical hours.

My family likes the early EMH at EPCOT and Animal Kingdom, and the late EMH at Magic Kingdom and Disney/MGM Studios.

Try not to do early EMH and late EMH back to back.
I can't imagine staying up until midnight, and then trying to get up early to do early EMH the next day.

It takes a bit of planning but it can be great if you plan ahead.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

It's MK Evening Hours, hands down. You can get the most done with all of the major attractions open. The last time I did it, I was in MK from 12-2:30 and I hit EVERY RIDE several times with waits no longer than 20 min (and that was on Peter Pan!) Everything else was walk-on, or 5 min or less. It is the best EMH out there! If you are tired, sleep late and hit MGM the next day. Its a smaller park with more scheduled shows, and you can experience some of them instead of crack-of-dawning it if you don't want to.

Upvote 0

slowbee

one of the best things about the MK EMH is that you can find Minnie and Mickey together for photos. They are either somewhere infront of the castle or they will be in Fantasyland by the Swoard In The Stone.

Upvote 0

sittle

I must concur

I have to agree with DisneyMusician2. You just can't beat the EMH in the Magic Kingdom in the evening. Just the ambience itself is to die for.

I guess it all depends on you. Maybe your a big MGM fan, maybe you'd have a better time at their evening EMH?

I personally love MK, I can't get enough of it, I love the EMH there in the evening, we go offseason (Late Jan, early Feb), and yeah after the first hour its a quick walk on to everyride, and in 05, we had the creepiest ride on Pirates, being the only ones on the ride at 11pm, no one in the boats in front of us, no one behind us!! AWESOME! No waits for anything, everything was a walk on!

Like I said, I love the EMH @ MK, but, this past year, we tried the EMH at Epcot in the evening, and that was really great too. We got good seats for Illuminations, got lots of popcorn, and waited about 15 minutes to make our way back to Maelstrom, and everyride was a walkon that night too, sorry, soarin' was a 10 minute wait at 11pm, but other than that, it was a great night there. I do think that there are more diverse rides available to you at Magic Kingdom and that helps thin the crowds out.

But like I said, it's up to you, if you'd have more fun at DAK or Epcot during EMH, then do it!!

Upvote 0
Evening EMH in MK is the best! We did enjoy EMH in MGM but only stayed about an hour or so extra to ride TOT and RNRC a few more times. We stayed until 2am for MK and enjoyed every minute of it.

Upvote 0

Blonde Princess

I have to vote for EMH at Epcot. The attractions are open and so is World Showcase. All the food and beverage vendors in World Showcase are open and it's beautiful back there at night after Illuminations.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We used early EMH at AK twice and it was really cool. we were there to see the show before the rope drop and followed Minnie and Mickey to KS and walked right on. Plus, all the animals were out that early,too. then, we got to be the 3rd one in for the festival of the lion king and got to see Goofy all by ourselves on the way there. was really worth it. MK at night,though...

Upvote 0

Dwarful

What ages are the people in your Grand Gathering? If you have any little kids I highly recommend the early morning at MK because you can do all of Fantasyland (many rides twice) with no wait times before the park opens.

We also love the Early mornings at AK, the late nights at MK and Epcot! If you have little ones it does help, like others said, to go back to your resort and rest.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Original Poster
What ages are the people in your Grand Gathering? If you have any little kids I highly recommend the early morning at MK because you can do all of Fantasyland (many rides twice) with no wait times before the park opens.

We also love the Early mornings at AK, the late nights at MK and Epcot! If you have little ones it does help, like others said, to go back to your resort and rest.
There's me and DH (25 & 24), my parents (60s), my brother and his wife (40s) and their son (5) and daughter (7). Everyone is ok with splitting up from time to time though.

I think, after reading what everyone is saying, We'll do the evening MK hours and try to get up early for the morning AK hours and plan a big nap afterwards... ??Who knows, maybe the magic will energize us to go without one!:lookaroun

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

There's me and DH (25 & 24), my parents (60s), my brother and his wife (40s) and their son (5) and daughter (7). Everyone is ok with splitting up from time to time though.

I think, after reading what everyone is saying, We'll do the evening MK hours and try to get up early for the morning AK hours and plan a big nap afterwards... ??Who knows, maybe the magic will energize us to go without one!:lookaroun

Nap sounds like a good plan. I wouldn't count on the divine magic intervention on this one....it's always a little rough on the kids, and some pool and sleep tim the next afternoon will be exactly what the doctor ordered!

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

For hitting the most attractions and making the most of your time, you can't beat evening EMH at MK.

For making the most of the experience, early EMH at AK is best. I've never had a better safari ride than the early morning trips during EMH. The animals--even the Lions--were super active.

one of the best things about the MK EMH is that you can find Minnie and Mickey together for photos. They are either somewhere infront of the castle or they will be in Fantasyland by the Swoard In The Stone.
I've caught the dynamic duo on several occassions during the middle of the day in the little garden area to the right of City Hall on Main Street.

Upvote 0

StarWolf

I loved the MGM Morning hours. Got all the good rides first thing in the morning while the park is empty. Then a leisurely day hitting the shows.

But, I do have to agree that MK evening hours are awesome too. But I did find it pretty busy. Maybe I should've stayed until 4am. :)

Upvote 0

Disneygal99

We are definitely "morning people" and have always taken advantage of the early morning EMH at all of the parks, but I have always wondered....
How do the evening EMH work? Do they make everyone leave and then the disney resort guests are allowed to re-enter? Or do they just let everyone stay and assume none of the non Disney resort guests will stay?
Just wondering!!!

Upvote 0

phichi17

We are definitely "morning people" and have always taken advantage of the early morning EMH at all of the parks, but I have always wondered....
How do the evening EMH work? Do they make everyone leave and then the disney resort guests are allowed to re-enter? Or do they just let everyone stay and assume none of the non Disney resort guests will stay?
Just wondering!!!
I believe they allow anyone to stay in the park, but you must have a wristband on to ride or see anything. I believe it would be a crowd control nightmare to completely empty the park and then filter the resort guests back in. As was stated earlier in the thread, 2 hours prior to the offical park close time, resort guests are given the option to get wrist bands that allow them to experience rides and shows. Hope this helps!:wave:

Upvote 0

starwood

how does everyone like MGM evening recently? I went there for EMH evening in April 05' and it was not crowded at all!!!!!! TOT was 15min, RRC was 20, and all the others were walk ons!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom