Best Parade/Fireworks Show for Preschoolers

ELeigh

Original Poster
I am visiting WDW in May with my children for their 2nd and 3rd trips and I am hoping that we can work in some things we have not done before, including a viewing a parade and a fireworks show. I am thinking one of each will be all we can handle giving the timing and their sleep schedules and I am just hoping to get some input on what other people have found to be best for preschoolers.

WDWBusDriver

Hello, that's a great question!

I will give Magic Kingdom recommendations because I like them the most.

In my opinion, the perfect parade for them would be Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party for a parade. Everyone is encouraged to move it, shake it, dance and play it throughout a 35 minute time of dancing and fun. With varying times throughout the day it's perfect for working around sleep schedules.

For fireworks it's a little more difficult to suggest as many young children don't like the loud sounds associated with fireworks, but I'll give it a shot.
There are two I would primarily suggest. The first is Once Upon A Time, which is the shorter of the two at about 14 minutes, contains more characters they might recognize, and is earlier in the day for kids who are tired from a full day of fun.
The other is Happily Ever After, this show runs about 18 minutes and is later at about 8PM.

ELeigh

Original Poster
Hello, that's a great question!

I will give Magic Kingdom recommendations because I like them the most.

In my opinion, the perfect parade for them would be Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party for a parade. Everyone is encouraged to move it, shake it, dance and play it throughout a 35 minute time of dancing and fun. With varying times throughout the day it's perfect for working around sleep schedules.

For fireworks it's a little more difficult to suggest as many young children don't like the loud sounds associated with fireworks, but I'll give it a shot.
There are two I would primarily suggest. The first is Once Upon A Time, which is the shorter of the two at about 14 minutes, contains more characters they might recognize, and is earlier in the day for kids who are tired from a full day of fun.
The other is Happily Ever After, this show runs about 18 minutes and is later at about 8PM.

Thank you! I think I am sold on Once Upon a Time for fireworks. The earlier time a shorter duration will be a good test for how they do.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am visiting WDW in May with my children for their 2nd and 3rd trips and I am hoping that we can work in some things we have not done before, including a viewing a parade and a fireworks show. I am thinking one of each will be all we can handle giving the timing and their sleep schedules and I am just hoping to get some input on what other people have found to be best for preschoolers.

The Move it! Shake it! Dance Party is the best for little ones! I have a 3 1/2 year old and he loves it! He pretends to dance with characters at home! :) Officer Hops in particular. The Fireworks are hit or miss. My little guy isn't afraid of them, but doesn't love them. He loves the parade Festival of Fantasy. And it is a great time to sit and have an ice cream and popcorn. :)

ELeigh

Original Poster
The Move it! Shake it! Dance Party is the best for little ones! I have a 3 1/2 year old and he loves it! He pretends to dance with characters at home! :) Officer Hops in particular. The Fireworks are hit or miss. My little guy isn't afraid of them, but doesn't love them. He loves the parade Festival of Fantasy. And it is a great time to sit and have an ice cream and popcorn. :)

My kids love music and dancing so the move it shake it parade sounds like a winner if I can make the time work with nap time!

dreamfinder

Look into a pair of noise reducing headphones for the little ones. While not completely necessary, they can turn the fireworks from a "No friggin way" moment to a "Wow thats cool" moment.

21stamps

Another suggestion for Move It Shake It. Bonus- photopass photographers are there as well, they get great candid photos of the children dancing and interacting with the characters!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My kids love music and dancing so the move it shake it parade sounds like a winner if I can make the time work with nap time!

It runs several times, so hopefully you can catch it! When I went on a girls trip to Disney last May, my friend and I joined in the fun and it was a highlight for us! :)

ELeigh

Original Poster
Another suggestion for Move It Shake It. Bonus- photopass photographers are there as well, they get great candid photos of the children dancing and interacting with the characters!
Great to know! Can't wait to see how the kids like the parade :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom