Best Off-Site Hotel (if any)???

niceguy621

Original Poster
I plan on traveling down to DW the first week (very short trip) of December. I almost always stay on property...unfortunately, this trip came up so suddenly, that when I called the resort yesterday, they told me there is not one single room available throughout the three days! :(

That said, I'm wondering if anyone has had a good experience at an off-site hotel? The main thing I'm looking for is good and reliable transportation to/from the parks (also, a nice breakfast couldn't hurt either....but the transportation comes first...lol :lol:). Does anyone know if any? I'd love to book this thing as soon as I can.

Many thanks!!!!!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I plan on traveling down to DW the first week (very short trip) of December. I almost always stay on property...unfortunately, this trip came up so suddenly, that when I called the resort yesterday, they told me there is not one single room available throughout the three days! :(

That said, I'm wondering if anyone has had a good experience at an off-site hotel? The main thing I'm looking for is good and reliable transportation to/from the parks (also, a nice breakfast couldn't hurt either....but the transportation comes first...lol :lol:). Does anyone know if any? I'd love to book this thing as soon as I can.

Many thanks!!!!!

If it's transportation you're looking for, you need the hotels in Lake Buena Vista on Hotel Plaza Blvd. There's 7 of them, as I recall.

Outside of that, I'd suggest renting a car for transportation.

piggy1116

we have stayed at the Grosvenor in downtown Disney. It had a nice breakfast buffet and if I remember correctly oe night they have a "who done it" dinner. Rooms were nice and clean. It's located right on Hotel Plaza Bvld.
Good luck!:)

mickey7879

Tripadvisor.com

I haven't had any experiences with hotels that have transportation to Disney (we usually stay in a timeshare so no transportation or buffet breakfast).

Can say though that Westgate Towers off 192 was pretty nice when we stayed there in April. (Ours was a last minute trip too. Hubby came home from work on a Thurs and said I'm sick on the snow, let's go to Disney, so the following Friday we left for Disney!) We booked off Expedia and got a 1 bedroom for only $90 a night. You would need a car though. No breakfast buffet included but you could buy your breakfast since you have a full kitchen or there is a Sizzler restaurant attatched to the hotel that has a buffet that you have to pay for. VERY close to Disney.

But, after you find a few hotels that you thinking you like, go to tripadvisor.com. I always go to this site. There you can type in the name of the hotel and get travelers reviews of the hotel. You may find that some commented on the transporation to the Disney parks as well as the buffet breakfast.

I always look up my hotel on Trip Advisor before booking to see what others have said about it as well as see what pictures others have posted of the hotel. Hotels can post what pictures they want, but I want to see what other vacationers have posted....they seem to be a bit more accurate of the property and rooms and not just highlighting the hotels best features.

Sorry this didn't answer your question, but hope it still helps! Have fun on your trip!:wave:

:xmas: here is a Holiday Inn SunSpree on SR532 (Apoka Vineland Drive) it is maybe 1/2 mile from the gate. The rooms are large and very reasonable. They have a morning buffet and quite a nice pool area. We haven't stayed in a few years but it was nice when we did.

Marriott by DTD very nice room really catered to Disney-goers. Restaurant and lounge in the hotel -they gave us their honeymooners package just for grins their transportation was OK - nothing to write home about but was capable & fairly timely. Sometimes easier to walk to DTD & use their busses.

fireworkz

If you have a large party say 4 people or more, you could try Royale Parc Suites. We were there last year, it's nice and pretty reasonable for a Suite hotel and offers a free hot breakfast buffet, free scheduled transportation to each Disney park, Universal and Seaworld. It also offers free happy hour drinks *ahem*. :goodnevil http://www.royaleparcsuitesorlando.com/

DisneyGigi

Sheraton Vistana is a great place to stay offsite. Kinda pricey-but worth it,it is spacious, clean and close to WDW. If we did not stay onsite now this is where we would stay.

davinakb

The hotels in the Marriott Village are good, close, 2 offer free breakfast. They run morning and evening shuttles, check Mousesavers for deals. I think the Residence Inn and Courtyard LBV on Palm also have a paid shuttle. Other than the hotels in DTD, I'm not sure if any have extensive, all-day schedules. The best thing to do is call the hotels direct, get the shuttle info. FWIW.

marciaj

answer

To whom it may concern

Six years ago when I was in Kissmmee I stayed at the Howard Johnson
Maingate East Hotel it is great and they have shuttle service to and from WDW if you choos this hotel go to Guest Services desk for more info believe me you will not be dissapointed with the location near shopping resturaunts, attractions including Old Town a small amusuemant park and a grocery store near by if need supplies and if you need mor info log on to the websites below for more help. Good luck and have a wonderful time.

Take care God Bless

Marcia:)

www.hojo.com/kissmmee
www.floridakiss.com

Todd L

I stayed at the Radisson in Celebration 10 years ago- The hotel was nice but the Transportation was absolutley horrible. The drivers were just plain nasty and one actually grabbed my wife by the arm because she got on the wrong bus. I asked the driver what the problem was and he yelled at me in spanish and rolled his eyes at me - then it got really ugly.:mad: I thought there was some crazy misunderstanding but it turned out that the guy was just a jerk .
I cant imagine that they continued using the same bus service because according to the hotel management there were too many complaints against the drivers and this wasnt the firts time things had gotten out of hand.

jeffk410

!!!

I usually stay on property 1-2 and off atleast once a year. My ultimate favorite is Orange Lake country club its unbelievable! and second is sheraton vistana.

gembob

June 2007 I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel Sea World. It is a prestige hotel (5+ star) and was extremely nice as well as good value (king sized beds to die for!!!). It provides transportation to all of the parks and DTD. You have to reserve the transportation the day before but if there is only a small party going at the alloted time, they provide taxis! It is a fabulous hotel if you are wanting to go to the other parks that Orlando has to offer! It is just around the corner from International Drive and on route of the I-Trolley so very easy access to the outlets and restaurants that I-Drive has to offer!

xsupaxmanxsfnex

We stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites and we loved it. I made a topic that is still on the 1st page of threads of WDW Offsite Hotels. We had a great view of SSE and ToT and DTD. Transportation was reliable except if you had really early reservations at the parks, then you might want to find a different way. Other than that it was awesome for an offsite.

rbalaka

Many thanks!!!!!

I too will be at WDW Dec 5-10 and all the resorts were booked. I kept going back to the reservation site and kept searching for 3 days. Rooms did become available. Over the 3 days 4-5 rooms came up durnig my search. Each one was gone within 10 minutes, so you have to be fast!! I needed 2 room at the same resort. I book my first room on Sunday morning and booked the 2nd one Monday night, both at the French Qtr. I would book an offsite hotel that you can cancel if you do find a room. Good luck!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom