Best Missed Attraction or Parade...

Walter

Not only do I think that Horizons is the best past attraction, I think that it is the best attraction ever done, by any company, ever! It has never, and will never be beaten.

twirl2378

Does anyone remember the walk through of the Adventures in Wonderland in MGM? I think it was part of the Backlot tour. I only remember it a little but I loved it and the show on the Disney Channel. :sohappy:
~Emily =o)

ltbeach

Originally posted by Testtrack321
For those who haven't seen this OrlandoRocks.com video of Tapestry of NATIONS (Millennium Edition!) I recomend you see it. It shows the best puppetry yet! Puppets clapping, Aztec Man shakin' his groove thing, and Angel Girl with her wings open wide at the end.

http://orlandorocks.com/default.asp?page=log_video&fname=tapestry320.rm

WARNING: 30mb. Procede with caution when downloading.

I have some good video of the crowd control folks directing traffic in rhythm with the music. syncronized hand signals, its very comical. i should try to convert it

Larry

wanabeimagineer

My most missed attraction would defenitely be Journey Into Imagination. I was probably 8 the last time I rode it but I still have very fond memories of it and I also really loved the ImageWorks place upstairs. It was a really well done attraction/post-show (where there was actually something fun to do after the ride was over).
Dreamflight was a good one, too, but for the same reason the PeopleMover is. There was never a wait and it's sooo relaxing.

PixyDust

I have no idea what the name of the parade was, but my parents have an old movie film of the daytime Main Street parade when I was 3 - back in the early 70's. It had the 3 Pigs and Wolf, 7 Dwarfs, and a lot of the other old characters you don't see much. I was so excited to see the Wolf at the Halloween Party a couple of years ago!

Can anyone help me with the name?

threaddrift -- I also miss the days of my family always staying at the Contemporary. When it was one of the only places to stay on property, and wasn't very expensive.

vonpluto

Originally posted by PixyDust
I have no idea what the name of the parade was, but my parents have an old movie film of the daytime Main Street parade when I was 3 - back in the early 70's. It had the 3 Pigs and Wolf, 7 Dwarfs, and a lot of the other old characters you don't see much. I was so excited to see the Wolf at the Halloween Party a couple of years ago!

Can anyone help me with the name?

threaddrift -- I also miss the days of my family always staying at the Contemporary. When it was one of the only places to stay on property, and wasn't very expensive.

Here's an incomplete list of MK daytime parades:

Daily Main Street Parades
1971 -
1972 -
1973 -
1974 -75 Character Cavalcades
6/75 - 9/76 America On Parade
1977 -
1978 Mickey Mouse 50th Birthday Parade
2/79 - 12/79 Dumbo’s Circus Parade
1980 -
10/81 - 9/82 Tencennial Parade
1983 -
1984 Donald Duck 50th Birthday Parade
11/85 - 11/86 Mickey’s Street Party
11/86 - 11/87 15th Birthday Parade
11/87 - 11/88 All America Parade (Constitution Bi Centennial Parade)
11/88 - 11/89 Mickeys All America Birthday Parade
11/89 - 9/91 Disney Character Hit Parade (Sing Along Parade)
9/91 - 6/94 Surprise Celebration Parade
1994 -1996 Mickey Mania
10/96 - 1/98 Remember the Magic Parade
2/98 -10/01 Disneys Magical Moments Parade
10/01 - Share A Dream Come True Parade

HTH,
Frank

brb1006

I miss the days when HS had parades. I just seen the Toy Story Parade videos and I love how well they played "Strange Things".

Simba's Mom

"Mas Que Nada" Does anyone else miss the Jammin Jungle Parade in Animal Kingdom. That was my favorite parade in WDW. When Minnie sang "Pata pata" I always smiled.

Jedi Stitch

I miss the Skyway at the MK. Not so much for the ride itself but for the view of the park and how long it took, especially at night. :cry:
I miss the Skyway, too. It was a nice break, especially at night, to relax, see the view, and pop over to the next land, with out having to battle strollers and EVC to get there.

rob0519

Anyone like SURPIRSE IN THE SKY?

But the all time clasic was that Muppet stage show they had at MGM before the Little Mermade. Animal stealing the monorail is a classic.

I never saw the Muppet Stage show. Animal stealing a monorail? Wonder if there is any video of this somewhere?

rob0519

I miss the Skyway for the view. This may not be an attraction and I honestly don't know how much I would use it today, but I miss Mickey's Tennis club which was demolished with the CR Garden Wing to build Bay Lake Tower. It was a great place to get a few lessons from a pro on Har-Tru courts and play in the shadows and sounds of the CR and the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom