Best meal you have ever eaten on property!!!

murphy

What is the best meal you have ever eaten on wdw property?? I enjoyed the concourse steak house alot, also japan I would like to try the yahtsmens steak house or le cellier in canada. Portabellos also looks good!! opionions??

disneyfreak62

We've eaten at Victoria & Albert's a few times, which is great! California Grill is very good as well, but one meal we never miss is lunch at The Brown Derby, we just love that. Oh, and our last trip, we tried the buffet at Hollywood & Vine. Excellent!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I don't think I could pick just one!
We always go to the Concourse Steakhouse; loved Ohana dinner, Cape May seafood buffet was great. Whispering Canyon for the skillet breakfast is a must. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Donfan

Got to agree with tig'smom that it's hard to pick just one. But for total outstanding experience, try having the Cedar Plank Salmon at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. Food, service, and atmosphere are just great.

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Definately - wihtout a doubt -
VICTORIA AND ALBERTS!

We got dressed up, and it was our honeymoon. The food was amazing, the wine was great (which says a lot since I live in wine country myself!), and the service was top notch. Overall, it was worth every dime of our $300 dinner. Would do it again in a heartbeat, if we could afford it.

Well worth the money and the time! (It's a 3-4 hour meal).

Upvote 0
I don't think in the 12 years I have been going that I have had a bad meal. Recently, I have enjoyed the fact that Disney now offers more variety at their counter service restaurants. I had an awesome roasted veggie sandwich at the Tusker House and a nice Tabouli Wrap at the ABC Commisary.

My all time favorite meal continues to be the Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby. The best.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by LadyDarling
Overall, it was worth every dime of our $300 dinner. Would do it again in a heartbeat, if we could afford it.

Well worth the money and the time! (It's a 3-4 hour meal).

Ouch! :eek:
That´s almost the cost of a ticket to Orlando from here!

Upvote 0
Well worth the money!

I suggest a nice quiet time at the Grand Floridian hotel for tea. My husband and I took our daughter. We had the best time there. It was well worth the money. We plan on making that our downtime while on vacationing there. Its a good time to sit back, relax and go over our favorite moments in the parks.
Plus its pretty funny trying to watch a man with big hands get his fingers into the tea cup.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CSOM

I don't know if it's that we're picky eaters or that since we enjoy going out to eat a lot and sample the best in different cities frequently, but I haven't been overly impressed with some of the meals I've had at WDW.

LeCellier was alright, but my steak was fatty, and not real juicy/tasty.
Brown Derby was good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back.
The food at the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Polynesian was pretty good, and for the price, it's probably one of the better dinner values on property.
The food at the Mexican pavillian (both sit down and fast food) is pretty good, not great, but pretty good.

Best tasting meals I've had are probably Wolfgang Puck and ESPNZone :slurp:

Upvote 0

Micca

I agree with CSOM about the general quality of food at WDW. There's real world quality, then there's WDW quality. I'm happy with WDW quality, but I have reasonable expectations.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Re: dinner buffet

Originally posted by lukacseven
Billy6, the breakfast at Chef Mickey's is much better than the dinner, although most of the places in WDW are "worth the price." If you're looking for a good buffet, I've found the Crystal Palace (MK) to be among the best. The Animal Kingdom Lodge also has a nice buffet at Boma.

I would have to agree with this post, although I have never eaten breakfast at Chef Mickeys I did have dinner there and wasnt impressed, my kids loved it but the choices they had for adults just didnt cut it for what we paid for a character meal. I also agree that the Crystal Palace was excellent. They had a mushroom sort of salad dish there that I could not get enough of. It was awesome. My wife and I also really enjoyed the Brown Derby. She had what I think was a strawberry mudslide that went real well on a 90 degree day and we both had the flank steak which we had never had and it was done perfect. We also had a very good breakfast at Cinderellas Castle.

Upvote 0

bryon1

OHANAS is the BOMB!!

It has ton of food, great atmosphere(kids can play broom ball and the hula), and if you time it right you can see the fireworks from the huge bay view windows!!!

For desert each person gets a 1/3 of fresh pineapple with carmel dipping sauce.

About $25.00 for adults.

And the bar has the best Pina Coladas Ive had in a long time:)

I have yet to eat there for breakfast.

Its a great way to end your vacation.

Upvote 0

shuflemstr

My favorite would be Fulton's in DTD. They have the best Alaskan lobster tails. They were so good that they day after we ate there we went back again. Out of this world.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We always like Garden Grill, never had a bad experince. (I love the cat fish and steak.)

California Grill for our 10th wedding aniversary was wonderful (the best, but then again getting a night out for just adutls made it extra speical!)

We always enjoy lunch at Libberty Tree Tavern.

Brown Derby is good also.

Lunch at the Caslte was nice too.

Love the strawberry soup and food at 1900 park fare dinner. That was really good for buffet and we will do it again some day.

Not as impressed with Sci-Fi dinner or Tonys lately.

We still love Beaches and Cream for hamburgers and milk shakes.

Upvote 0

BSikor

Best meal in all of property hands down: JIKO!
Possibly the best dining experience I have every had. Great food, great wine, great surroundings, great service. All excellent!!!!

Runners up:
*Artists Point, Wilderness Lodge<-Great food and view. Nothing beats after dinner glass of wine on the rocking chairs or our by the gyser.
*Citricos, Grand Floridian<-Good food (especially dessert!) unfortunatly poor service.
*Le Chefs de France,France, Epcot<-(insert drooling sound) yummy!!!!
*Restaurante di Alfredo,Italy, Epcot<-fresh authentic Fettucine Alfredo need I say more?
*50's PrimeTime,Studios<-Gust fun and homestyle
*Wolfgang Pucks

Each of these places are uncontrolably wonderful. You go in there and you just want everything! I can't eat there too often (I can't afford it) when I do, I drop at least $100 a person. Needless to say I can only do that once every few years or so, but boy is it worth it.

Good Couter Service:
*Tusker House, Animal Kingdom
*Yakitori House, Japan, Epcot
*Pepper MArket, Corinado Springs <-Different and fun
*Wolfgang Pucks Express

Looking forward to trying:
*Victoria and Alberts
*California Grill
*Yachtsman Steakhouse

Not overly impressed (not to say I didn't like it)
*Rose and Crown
*Mitsukoshi Dining Rooms
*San Angel Inn
*House of Blues
*Rainforest Cafe <-tell me agin why its fun to have water dripping in my plate?
*Sci-Fi Dine In -great atmosphere!

Upvote 0

Nicole

Yet another vote for Le Cellier. We leave in THREE days for our 2nd visit to the World. The first was in '97 and the only restaurant we are paying a return visit to is Le Cellier. After all these years we still talk about the garlic bread and cheese soup. That's not to say that the other restaurants weren't good too (except Sci-Fi...) but we do want to try some of the others!! This thread has added to my pre-trip impatience since we have PSs for Ohana and Liberty Tree and Marrakesh, among others. Can't wait!!

Upvote 0

PixyDust

How can you pick just one?

We have favorites we go back to every visit.

*I must have the strawberry soup at 1900 Park Faire
*We go to the Biergarten at least once every trip. Living in Germany for a while, I've had my fill of this type of food, but my husband loves it, and my son dances the entire time, so we get to eat in peace.
*Boma's was great last trip, and we have reservations there later this month. The smoky smell alone will have you drooling.
*The food and show at Hoop Dee Doo is very good and VERY filling. My mother-in-law is vegetarian, and when our waiter saw she wasn't eating much last year, he went back in the kitchen and had a beautiful pasta dish made for her.
(oh, and at Boma's, they sent one of their chefs out to go through the line with her and point out the items that were veg)
*We always enjoy the food at Garden Grill . I think the vegetables are especially good.
*For a big breakfast that will last you until supper, Breakfastosaurus is the ticket. Tons of food!
*Portobellos in Downtown Disney is also a good choice. Nothing particularly drop-dead delicious, but a good meal every time.
*Liberty Tree Tavern has a great all-you-can-eat supper. And its the only place on Disney property that serves sweet tea. (A staple for us southerners!)
*We tried the Prime Time Cafe for the first time last year and really liked it. Very filling. This year, our reservation is at 4 pm so we have time to walk it off!
*Fultons is also very good, but very pricey.
*For a quick lunch, we always head to Pinnochio Haus for the burger bar.

We are looking forward to two new places this year that we haven't been able to get into before:
*Cinderella's Castle for supper. My husband heard the prime rib is outstanding.
*Ohanas because of how it looked on the Travel Channel.

As I've mentioned somewhere before, the food at Disney is one of the biggest reasons we make the trip every year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom