Best meal you have ever eaten on property!!!

murphy

What is the best meal you have ever eaten on wdw property?? I enjoyed the concourse steak house alot, also japan I would like to try the yahtsmens steak house or le cellier in canada. Portabellos also looks good!! opionions??

WDWcouple

Soooo tough to decide

When my wife and I went on our honeymonn we went on the Dreammaker Gold package, which allowed us to sample many of the high end resturants. I would probably say our favorite meal was at either the California Grill at the Contemporary or Narcosis at the GF.

Upvote 0

Billy6

best meal....

Id have to say in my experiences there..the best meal i have had has been at L'Alfredo's at the Italy Pavillion, EPCOT....

I love fettechini alfredo and this was the best I ever had...

Although, a few years ago Bongo's at DWS was a close second..

Can anyone tell me if Chef Mickey's Dinner Buffet is good and worth the price?..Thanks

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Hands down (or Surf's up!?!?) - the dinner feast at O'HANA in the Polynesian serves up the best value on WDW property. The skewers of delicious beef, shrimp, and more never stop coming, and it's all FANTASTIC!

The Hoop-Dee-Doo Review also serves up some of the best fried chicken and ribs you can find at disney World. Even the bread, salad, baked beans, and veggies are good here.

One of the most enjoyable - and certainly the most fun! - meals you can get at WDW!!!

Honorable mention goes to The Biergarten - Germany's resuarant at EPCOT. Great food....good show!

These are 3 great meals we always return to!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

DouglasE

I've never eaten at any of the signature Disney restaurants (i.e. the most expensive). Most of the time you get what you pay for, so I'm sure the meals there would be great.

My favorite meal was at Chef de France. I had a lunch there June 2003. It was soo yummy and decadent. Escargot swimming in garlic and butter. Lobster ravioli in a wine sauce. A Trimbach Pinot Blanc. The best was the dessert sampler platter! My sweet tooth was satisfied.

Going down memory way, I remember a delicious meal at the Biergarten back when it was full service with menus and not a buffet.

But I'm looking forward to possibly Boma and the California Grill in 2004

Upvote 0

ilovejennyOC

The best meal i have ever eaten has been at the Prime Time Cafe in MGM... not only do you get a great homestyle meal but also some great entertainment from the waiters and waitresses. They treat you like part of the family, by making u set the table and eat all ur vegetables. When my cousin didnt finish his meal our waitress made him walk around the restaurant and aplogize to everyone... it was a meal that my family will never forget!

Upvote 0

lukacseven

best meals

Murphy, you are on the right track with le Cellier in Canada...good steakhouse. If that's what you're looking for, I'd recommend Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge as well. I've eaten at just about every possible place in WDW and those are 2 of my favorites. I was also impressed with Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and Bongos (I think someone already metioned that).

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Best meal I ever had was at the CA Grill. The sushi is great, the pork loin is yummy and we had a pear crepe with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce that was delicious.

Upvote 0

Tower/of/Terror

Account Suspended
Ohhh.. the lovely food of the Walt Diney World Resort :)

1. Jiko's at AKL - AWESOME!! It was a beautiful restaraunt and amazing food.

2. Wolfgang Pucks (sit down side) at DTD - Wow... I swear it was one of the best meals I had ever eaten...

ALSO!! It's not on Disney property, but probably one of the best restaruants I ever went to was just located off of International Drive called Tu Tu Tangos I believe. You MUST go! The food is fabulous and there are wonderful paintings all over the walls, a real treat, and a nice way to escape the sometimes hectice WDW Resort.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

dinner buffet

Billy6, the breakfast at Chef Mickey's is much better than the dinner, although most of the places in WDW are "worth the price." If you're looking for a good buffet, I've found the Crystal Palace (MK) to be among the best. The Animal Kingdom Lodge also has a nice buffet at Boma.

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Well maybe it's because I just got back, but there are quite a few of the restaurants we ate at on this last trip that really stand out for me.

'Ohana as has been previously mentioned was great and a lot of fun.

Mama Melrose's Ristorante at the Studios was excellent with ample portions

Snacking our way around the World Showcase hitting various food and wine boothes along the way was amazing! (all 3 days we did it, heh heh heh)

But hands down the best dining experience we had was at Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge. The food was wonderful, the cocktails were very well mixed, the atmosphere and decor were beautiful.

Upvote 0

TravisMT81

mmmmmmm to Boma very good buffet with so much food. It was fun to try new things.

But my favorite place that I love going to is Le Cellier!!! Yummy love the food and the atmosphere. Love to order the cheese soup and dip the breadsticks in it mmmmmmmm.

Upvote 0

MartyMouse

Just off the Living Seas in Epcot you will find the Coral Reef Restaurant, I took Tanya :animwink: (my Girlfriend at that time) there back in 1991 (has it been that long??) we had a great meal with a great desert (white chocolate moose) but the atmosphere really sold the place. Later in 1994 I took Lisa there for a romantic dinner :kiss: and the food was still the best on property. However seeing as both Tanya and Lisa are long gone I never went back:( , so if this was the early 90s I would say go there for the best meal, but I can’t say if they still are great (or if they are even still open).

As 1998 rolled around my best friend introduced me to the Garden Grill in the Land Pavilion, also at Epcot and I have to say the meal is nothing fancy – but if you like American food this place can’t be topped. I try to go there every time I’m in EPCOT, I love the food and my son loves the characters (so did my ex-wife Marcie, but I still go).

Also to the Chef Mickey question, the Contemporary Resort is my favorite hotel on property – so I eat a Chef Mickey’s allot, the place was better before the characters took it over – kind of gives it little kid atmosphere now, but the food is great and it worth every dollar.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Originally posted by RPMdfw
Well maybe it's because I just got back, but there are quite a few of the restaurants we ate at on this last trip that really stand out for me.

'Ohana as has been previously mentioned was great and a lot of fun.

Mama Melrose's Ristorante at the Studios was excellent with ample portions

Snacking our way around the World Showcase hitting various food and wine boothes along the way was amazing! (all 3 days we did it, heh heh heh)

But hands down the best dining experience we had was at Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge. The food was wonderful, the cocktails were very well mixed, the atmosphere and decor were beautiful.

So when are we going to get more details? I'm leaving on Thurs and I want to get the dish! Artist's Point is awesome, particularly if you haven't been to the Pacific Northwest. I want to hear more about the Food and Wine Festival! Please???:)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by TravisM
mmmmmmm to Boma very good buffet with so much food. It was fun to try new things.

But my favorite place that I love going to is Le Cellier!!! Yummy love the food and the atmosphere. Love to order the cheese soup and dip the breadsticks in it mmmmmmmm.

I agree with Travis. Boma and Le cellier are very good also.

Pam

(Travis, Please contact me)

Upvote 0

murphy

Original Poster
We enjoyed the coral reef in 2000 a bit pricey, and not much of a menu,but the atmosphere was awesome and the service was exellent!! We also experienced the garden grill at epcot and i beleive this was the worst tasting food i have ever eaten!! I AM NOT A PICKY EATER but did make the comment during dinner that i could have enjoyed a bologna sandwich better!!! We also all ended up getting sick from the food!! Would not return!! The atmosphere was very nice though!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom