Best Longhouse To Stay in at The Polynesian??

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi folks, im looking to find out what is the Best Longhouse to stay in at The Poly??

By best i mean, close location to The Grand Ceremonial House, The Monorail, The main Volcano Pool and beach!

Closeness to the TTC doesnt bother me, just looking for the best location from all you experts :wave: Thanx in advance :sohappy:

DisneyPrincess5

Ooo I love Poly talk :sohappy:
We stay at the Rarotonga Longhouse which is located immediately next to the GCH which means you're right next to the parking lot (if you have a car), lobby, food, shops,and of course the monorail and bus stop.
It's beautiful and convenient and quiet...we also had a great view!

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Ooo I love Poly talk :sohappy:
We stay at the Rarotonga Longhouse which is located immediately next to the GCH which means you're right next to the parking lot (if you have a car), lobby, food, shops,and of course the monorail and bus stop.
It's beautiful and convenient and quiet...we also had a great view!

Kool you a Poly pro??
That sounds perfect, do you ever pay for the rooms with a view?

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I'm no pro, but I do know some things about it...it's my favorite resort!
Nope, we never pay for a view...it's really not worth it in my opinion.
We just happened to get a nice view.

Yeah thats my thinking too!! On our next trip we are gonna do 2weeks at Pop and 2 weeks at The Poly ( or 1 at pop and 3 at the poly if i can get an AP deal) and it def isnt worth the extra cash! Have u stayed there much? On our trip a few weeks ago we went down to the Poly from The GF to watch the fireworks after a late meal and we just fell in love with the resort and esp the beach! We later ate at Ohanas and explored the resort a bit, what an amazing place :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

tikiman

The whole resort can be walked from end to end in about 7 minutes so being close from one to another is the difference of minutes and sometimes seconds. DisneyPrincess5 gave you some good advise and Rarotonga is a great location to be steps from the Great Ceremonial House, Bus stop and the pools but so is Samoa, Niue and Tokelau but with Samoa you can end up with a view of the pools or even looking toward the lagoon. With Niue you aer about the same as Samoa but a little more back from the lagoon. With Tokelau you have the larger rooms and a chance of getting a room that can see the castle to the side and there are balconies on both upper floors in Tokelau unlike the others I mentioned that don’t have balconies on the second floor. All these buildings I described are garden view category rooms.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
The whole resort can be walked from end to end in about 7 minutes so being close from one to another is the difference of minutes and sometimes seconds. DisneyPrincess5 gave you some good advise and Rarotonga is a great location to be steps from the Great Ceremonial House, Bus stop and the pools but so is Samoa, Niue and Tokelau but with Samoa you can end up with a view of the pools or even looking toward the lagoon. With Niue you aer about the same as Samoa but a little more back from the lagoon. With Tokelau you have the larger rooms and a chance of getting a room that can see the castle to the side and there are balconies on both upper floors in Tokelau unlike the others I mentioned that don’t have balconies on the second floor. All these buildings I described are garden view category rooms.

Wow really?? So if i lucked out i may get views of the lagoon or castle from a garden view room??
Hate to be asking all these annoying questions but i cant wait to stay at this resort!

Upvote 0

DisGal

I love Fiji - its right next to the GCH and along the marina. The garden view rooms in this building have a view of the marina or partially of the beach - great location!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We stayed in Tahiti, which was nice, but this time I couldnt book a view room, there were none available from Disney UK, so I just requested a room with a blacony on the GF side of the resort.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Reasons why we love Tokelau: central location, steps from the beach and Sunset Point, bigger rooms (this is actually probably my top reason for liking Tokelau...the little bit of extra space made a big difference for us), like Tikiman said you have a chance of a sideways view of the castle even though you are in a garden view room (we were lucky enough to get this... and we could also see the lagoon from our room), and Tokelau is close to the laundry facilities.

Upvote 0

Scooter

My wife and I are weird when it comes to the Polynesian Resort.

We either stay at The Hawaii Longhouse
or go the opposite route and request to stay at the Rapa Nui Longhouse.

The Hawaii Longhouse is strictly conceirge and we stay there when we are able to get a good deal, are celebrating a special occasion, or just want to be pampered.

Rapa Nui is the farthest Longhouse on the resort from The Great Cerimonial House...but it has many advantages such as:

It's very very quiet there. Very little foot traffic because of the location.
It's a very short walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center which is very handy for our many visits to Epcot each trip.
It's a very very short walk to the Big boat that takes guests from the TTC to The Magic Kingdom.
The quiet pool is close to Rapa Nui and we prefer it to the Volcano pool.

It is quite a walk from Rapa Nui to The Great Ceremonial house, but we don't spend much time there anyway so it's no big deal to us.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We stayed in Tuvalu with MK view and absolutely LOVED it! To us it was worth paying for that view. I was 5 months pregnant so we watched the fireworks and water parade every night from the balcony of our room. We knew we were going to splurge on this trip since it would be our last trip for a very long time just the 2 of us. It was also over our anniversary, so it was worth splurging for the view. But not everyone feels that way and if you aren't going to be there much, the rest of the resort is so beautiful so any view you get won't be bad. The Poly will always be special to us....our son kicked for the first time as we were leaving our room.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We stayed in Tuvalu with MK view and absolutely LOVED it! To us it was worth paying for that view. I was 5 months pregnant so we watched the fireworks and water parade every night from the balcony of our room. We knew we were going to splurge on this trip since it would be our last trip for a very long time just the 2 of us. It was also over our anniversary, so it was worth splurging for the view. But not everyone feels that way and if you aren't going to be there much, the rest of the resort is so beautiful so any view you get won't be bad. The Poly will always be special to us....our son kicked for the first time as we were leaving our room.:sohappy:

Wow what a magical moment, im not surprised, they usually have to drag me from my room kickking (and screaming) :lol:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
My wife and I are weird when it comes to the Polynesian Resort.

We either stay at The Hawaii Longhouse
or go the opposite route and request to stay at the Rapa Nui Longhouse.

The Hawaii Longhouse is strictly conceirge and we stay there when we are able to get a good deal, are celebrating a special occasion, or just want to be pampered.

Rapa Nui is the farthest Longhouse on the resort from The Great Cerimonial House...but it has many advantages such as:

It's very very quiet there. Very little foot traffic because of the location.
It's a very short walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center which is very handy for our many visits to Epcot each trip.
It's a very very short walk to the Big boat that takes guests from the TTC to The Magic Kingdom.
The quiet pool is close to Rapa Nui and we prefer it to the Volcano pool.

It is quite a walk from Rapa Nui to The Great Ceremonial house, but we don't spend much time there anyway so it's no big deal to us.

How have ur experiences in Hawaii been??

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom