Best Jungle Skipper

SkipperRyan

Original Poster
Just wondering who everyone thought were the best skippers at the Jungle Cruise. Babbington is of course a legend but sadly I never got to ride his boat. Personally I've enjoyed Jeff Lessel's and Danger Bob's the most.

littlemom_3

I liked RJ

I just got back from WDW on Sunday, and I enjoyed RJ. This was my husband first time riding Jungle Cruise. He now says that it is one of his favorite rides.:p

PhotoDave219

In no particular order..... Nick, Lexi, Vanessa, Leona, Jeremey, JK... and Crystal is entertaining because she let my friend steer the boat one day.

SirGoofy

It's been about a year since I rode with this guy, so I don't remember his name. He has like the thick, black framed glassses, and kinda goes for the nerd approach. He was awesome. Any one know his name?

Pluto Parking

SkipperRyan said:
Just wondering who everyone thought were the best skippers at the Jungle Cruise. Babbington is of course a legend but sadly I never got to ride his boat. Personally I've enjoyed Jeff Lessel's and Danger Bob's the most.

Is Jeff Lessel still at the cruise??? He worked there when I did in 1990!
I was used in the Jungle Cruise training video! My wife said she like my cruise the best.:)

SpenceMan01

We rode JC for the first time in 10+ years last January. We got this middle aged guy that seemed like he really didn't want to be there, didn't seem enthused, and just overall not fun at all. He even asked if we wanted to hear the "back side of the water" joke and was peeved when people said yes. He was a middle aged guy, though I didn't catch his name. Kinda ruined the JC experience for us (and we had a first-timer too).

dumboflyer

SpenceMan01 said:
We rode JC for the first time in 10+ years last January. We got this middle aged guy that seemed like he really didn't want to be there, didn't seem enthused, and just overall not fun at all. He even asked if we wanted to hear the "back side of the water" joke and was peeved when people said yes. He was a middle aged guy, though I didn't catch his name. Kinda ruined the JC experience for us (and we had a first-timer too).

We had the same guy I think! He was TERRIBLE! It took the magic out of the ride! He told these really odd and not funny jokes in a monotone voice and he didn't tell ANY of the typical ones. I never knew how long the Jungle Cruise seemed to be!!!

When I got off the boat, there was a manager there. I complained to him that it was wrecking the experience and that he needed to be encouraged to suck up his bad attitude and do his job (I said it nicer than that though). The manager was irritated and said that every skipper is entitled to tell his own jokes with his own style. It was really stupid.

BUT normally a great ride! :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
clarkstallings said:
This is a bit off topic but a friend of mine who was a skipper at the jungle cruise had her boat sink a couple of years ago. I wish I'd been there.
:eek:

Wow, is that possible? I never thought about the possibility. What would happen with the guests. Do they have enough life preservers? A million questions pop into my mind ... :lol:

MagliteL13

unkadug said:
:eek:

Wow, is that possible? I never thought about the possibility. What would happen with the guests. Do they have enough life preservers? A million questions pop into my mind ... :lol:

PM me for info if you really want it.

I'm going to say, of course, me. (Never saw that one coming...) I haven't ridden enough skipper's boats as I should, but I love Jeff Lessel (and have learned a lot from him) Ron, Brion, Babbington, Danger Bob, Rhonda --maybe those should be catagorized in the "Legends" series.

MagliteL13

Pluto Parking said:
Is Jeff Lessel still at the cruise??? He worked there when I did in 1990!
I was used in the Jungle Cruise training video! My wife said she like my cruise the best.:)

There's no JC training video anymore. The only thing that exists to document the history of the JC is a binder in the Adventureland/Liberty Square Ops office with tons of pictures of our river, boats, animation, etc...

Jeff is still there. He's, by far, the person I've learned the most from.--and that's not to say that I didn't learn a lot from other people either.

SpaceRacer2003

Ah the memories....

Seriously, I would avoid Jeff's boat whenever I could. He is a great guy, but when he was doing his cruise and pulled out his wallet to tell about his dogs, it was just a little too off script for my liking. Babbington with the Alligator, or Alvey doing the Big Al those are great times at the Cruise.

As an ex-skipper, at the end of the golden years (temple diving anyone?) those were the best times. And I think if you can take the WDI jokes and make people laugh at them, then you are one heck of a good skipper. The skippers that think they are the entire show and not just a part of the overall storyline really bring the experience down.

.... has anyone seen a red rubber band? ...

Wbnemo1

Gee, i'm a legend ..... lol well gawrsh, thanks guys TEMPLE DIVIN lol, that never happened, either did industrial soap at sweitzer..... heh heh
To the person asking about the skip with thick rimmed glasses, you either had Skipper Mike or danger bob....answer a simple question if possible and i can tell ya who it was....mike is pretty much bald whereas Danger Bob has dark short hair...and short like me!...not that you can see much when hats are worn..man i miss my pith helmet, Ali-gator is about to come out of retirement too so kids beware.....lots of screechin .. lol, he's been hyberbating too long...didnt know that gators hybernate, so i'm waking him up...perhaps today I'll have him ! PLEAse don't knock him off my shoulder guests, it's not a joke to me, depressing actually, he's gone through several rehabs...underwater, unscathed, minus Skip Chuck and the shaving cream incident.. very depressing!

Best,
William
WWW that is

Pluto Parking

MagliteL13 said:
There's no JC training video anymore. The only thing that exists to document the history of the JC is a binder in the Adventureland/Liberty Square Ops office with tons of pictures of our river, boats, animation, etc...

Jeff is still there. He's, by far, the person I've learned the most from.--and that's not to say that I didn't learn a lot from other people either.

I didn't think the training video I was in would still be used. They made it in 1990 as a part of the "Team 20" project. I still have a copy.

Is Frank Kibicki still there? He and Lessel were there for a long time.

How many Jungle Cruise tours must Lessel have done in 16 years? Wow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom