Best Honeymoon Resort

chdice

Hello!! I'm planning to spend part of my honeymoon next February at WDW. I've only stayed at the All Star Movies Resort the one other time I've been to WDW, and I would like to stay in a "honeymoon-like" resort. Any ideas?? I will be there during value season so I do have that going for me. Thanks, Candice

Irrawaddy Erik

chdice said:
Hello!! I'm planning to spend part of my honeymoon next February at WDW. I've only stayed at the All Star Movies Resort the one other time I've been to WDW, and I would like to stay in a "honeymoon-like" resort. Any ideas?? I will be there during value season so I do have that going for me. Thanks, Candice
It really depends on your taste. I would try Disney's Boardwalk, The Polynesian, and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Good luck and have fun. :wave:

Upvote 0

jhastings74

It really depends on how much $$$ you're willing to shell out. The wife and I stayed at Caribbean Beach for our honeymoon and loved it. Obviously, we weren't there much because we were at the parks from morning to night, but in the morning we were able to walk from our building over the bridge to the island and then the other bridge to get to the food court. It was a very quiet and relaxing place for us that particular weekend. I had to feed the ducks off the bridge every morning, too, so that was just a bit of a bonus.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I would say AKL or Polynesian.

We stayed at the Polynesian for our honeymoon. It was great. We still visit the resort everytime we return, even though we stay at AKL now.

We eat at the Kona Cafe at least once every trip. Love that place. :slurp:

Both would be very good places to stay for a honeymoon. If you stay at AKL, do a savanna view room for sure, and at the Polynesian, a view of the castle would be good, don't remember what they call that view. (Someone wanna help here?).

If money is not an issue, don't forget concierge as well for an extra treat.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Cynderella

For my honeymoon (hopefully soon!) I want to stay at either the Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian. I think they are both sooo romantic. The Poly maybe a little more though because you can see the castle more....its got that wonderful tropical feel and they have hammocks!

Upvote 0

bidnow5

My daughter stayed at Coranado Springs for her honeymoon and loved it. The best thing to do is look at moderate and deluxe resorts see what you can afford and then look them over on the web sites and go to the one that look nicest to you I don't think you can go wrong with any of the moderate or deluxe.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I'm staying at the Poly for my honeymoon in August! Both me and my fiancee' love the resort, the beach at night is particularly pretty and walking the grounds is lovely (if you like Hawaii, it's an eerily well done replication for just being a hotel in Florida - right down to the smells of the foliage!)

It's also convienently located, and I have yet to be placed in a room that was sub-par - even when just paying the "standard" room rates. The rooms are very large for two people and you can get conceirge, room service, etc if you so desire. If you do decide to book there, make sure to request a room with a porch or patio - some standard rooms have them and some don't, depending on what building (or "longhouse") the room is located in. It's no extra charge and it adds an element of romance to the room. We've gotten some really nicely located rooms in the past.

It does come at an inflated price compared to the Value/Moderate resorts, but in my experience I have never, ever felt "ripped off." That view across the lake can't be beat. :)

Happy planning, hope my input was of some help!

Upvote 0

tikiman

My vote is for the Polynesian. For many years Disney’s own numbers show it as the #1 location for honeymooners (resort survey) and I read in a Wedding Magazine my wife had that it was rated in the top 10 out of all honeymoon resorts in the US.

We spent our honeymoon at the Yacht Club and Polynesian and I would suggest either but the Polynesian is better in my opinion.

You can go to my web page for more info.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I will echo what many have already said, Poly, AKL or WL.

Just walking around the grounds you feel like you are someplace else at any of these whether Hawaii, Equatorial Africa or Yellowstone Park. Poly has the most expansive grounds, from the sand beaches to the hammocks to the pools and watersports. AKL and WL are quiet with warm lighting and fireplaces in the lodges. Restaurants at all are superior.

Poly is walking distance to the Spa at GF for midday massages.

If you make sure to tell them that it is your honeymoon, all three will have special touches plus additional ones you may wish to add.
Also wherever you stay, make sure you mention your honeymoon when making all PS arrangements. Many restaurants will also help to make your time extra special.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I'd go with the poly like others have said. Thats where I'm saving up for my honeymoon next year. So many people have suggested Hawaii for our honeymoon, but I'd rather just have a little bit of Hawaii in WDW. We're saving some extra money to specifically get a lagoon view room. I think it sounds very romantic! Have fun planning the honeymoon! :wave:

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm going to the Caribbean for my honeymoon in June. With the pathways and the island I think it will be romantic. (The only drawback....no king beds)

Upvote 0

chdice

Original Poster
You all have been awesome. Now it's time to sit down with my FI and decide. It's down to Poly and AKL. Thanks a million!!!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Don't forget, depending on the length of your trip, you might save some serious coin by getting at least one annual pass. Because then the rates for rooms will be significantly lower. For instance, during non-peak times, you could get a Savannah-View room at AKL for around $150. Standard view rooms without any discount start at 200 bucks, so you can see that it winds up being a major plus. Also, you can then get the Disney Dining Experience for 50 dollars more. It gives you 20% or more off most restaurants on-property, including romance magnets like California Grill or Jiko. Also gives you 20% off most lounges.

Upvote 0

AHoyt

My wedding night was spent in a honeymoon suite at the Floridian and my honeymoon was divided between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk. The Floridian was amazing for one night, but I definitely prefer the EPCOT resort area to the MK resorts. In my opinion the BW and BC are just as beautiful and romantic as the Floridian. The only real plus the Floridian offered was a perfect view of the castle while laying in bed, but the BW Villas and Inn have some exceptional views of MGM and EPCOT as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom