Best experience with wait/crowd times

wait times

MY best wait time was in sep 2002 when they were building fast pass for space mt, they had a temp wall built round area. Most people we saw thought it was closed but all you had to do was go to the left of wall, we just walked straight on as many times as we liked.

jonesenon4

:sohappy: when we lived in fla. we always went first week of feb. a 1o min. was very rare.we could walk straight on to almost any attraction it was great riding everything 4&5 times in one day with no pushing and shooving.22 more days.:sohappy:

KrazyKowboy

This year will be our third trip on the week after Thanksgiving.
We arrive Saturday morning after Thanksgiving and the weekend is still a bit busy with 45 - 60 minute waits at most of the major attractions. But Monday through Friday of that week the past 2 years the parks are all virtually deserted. Mid day waits can be 30 minutes, but anything early in the morning or the last couple of hours in the evening are 5 - 10 minute waits at most.

The best part is your not bumping shoulders trying to walk around the park, your PS times at the restarants are always ready when you show up, you never have to scramble for a table at any of the counter service restaurants, you're not 5 deep trying to see a parade. We get curbside seating 5 minutes before the parades start. And the kids walk right up to characters for pictures and autographs without a wait.

We showed up at AK for the rope drop and went to Kilimanjaro first and walked right on without a wait. Animals everywhere with the cool morning temps in the 50's.
At MGM it's a straight walk all the way to the basement elevators at TOT, and when you get done there, it's a straight walk right into the pre-show area of RnR with Aerosmith.
Waits at Epcot for Soarin were about 15 minutes, and that or less at TT and MS.
I remember waiting about 10 minutes at MK for Buzz Lightyear, then doing SM by just walking right in without a wait. I don't think I ever saw anyone in a Fast pass line during the week.

Getting to the parks in the morning from your resort using the buses is a cinch, you get right on, sit up near the driver and on your way in just a few minutes. Same at night when the park closes, get right on without a wait, the cue lines are always empty. Get back to the room and ready for a dip in the pool? Even in November temps hit the 80's, yet the pool at night will only have a dozen guests or less.

You can enjoy leisurely strolls through the park, walk right onto the rides, get upfront seating in all the shows, and still see everything without having to run somewhere just to stand in line for an hour.

I know most people have to go during the summer when kids are out of school, but I can't imagine having to deal with the heat and crowds that most of you say you deal with at that time of year. My money doesn't come easy either and I would never think of spending it at Disney at any other time of year.

I've seens the frustration expressed in other threads from guest having to deal with rude, hot and fatigued people when the parks are packed and can say I've never had to experiance any of that by going when the parks are not crowded.

CAPTAIN HOOK

During our August trip, we did all of Tomorrowland one morning with little or no wait (and that included Space) - compared to our April Easter visits it was empty

ears2you

my dad went down to disney about a week after 9/11 just to golf but he wound up going to the parks anyway because they were so empty. He got to do everything in about a day and a half!

joelleharbert

We were there about the same time. Although the mood was tense both traveling and at WDW, EVERYTHING was a walk-on. We did manage to forget what was happening in the world, at least briefly.

Us too! We were there between Ivan and Jeanne and there was no one at the parks all week! We may have been spoiled. We're leaving in less than two weeks and I keep reading that there are going to be BIG crowds! I sure hope not! :(

PrincessJenna

Well, in AK, We waited in line for the The Primevial whirl, and a staff said, i can take u to the front of the line. we were like 0_o OK..? them she led us to the Back of the ride, into A HUGE lot which i think was like the Back Of AK or something, and took us onto the ride :)

abug'saunt

I have 2.

#1 - Our very first trip to WDW in May/June 2003. My sister, husband and I were going to ride Kali River Rapids. We got to the line and there was a 45 min. wait. Used the cell to call mom and let her know what was going on as she had my sister's 2 year old daughter. We were at the back of the line when this man and his son walked up and asked us how many people there were in our group. Now understand there were at least 5 families behind us and none of them would answer him. We told him there was only the 3 of us and he asked us if we would like a fastpass as there were several members of his party that had changed their mind about riding. We accepted his offer and followed behind him in the fast pass line where about halfway down he found 2 more people to give the remaining fastpasses to. Then, as we got closer, a cast member asked for a party of 3 or less. As we were the only party of three to reply, we got to go to this hidden area and were loaded onto the raft. Our total wait time - 5 minutes. We did try to get the gentleman and his son to go in our place but they both wanted to wait in line.

#2 - December 20, 2005. MVMCP. Again went with mom, sister, niece (now 5), and hubby. We just took the young one on her first time on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Scared her a bit (she rode it again two days later in the daylight and did great). Sis, hubby and I wanted to ride Splash mountain. Mom scared of heights decided to take the little one to a bench down by the water and rest. We ran straight thru to the front of the line, got on with 2 others in our log. Then at the end we were laughing and were commenting on how there was no one waiting to ride. THe log stopped and the Casrt member said if we wanted to ride again to stay seated. The 2 that had rode with us got off and we were off again. We called it "wash, rinse, repeat". Unfortunately, we were unable to get the photo.

Anyway, those were mine, Sorry they were so long. (Family doesn't call me "motormouth" for nothing :lookaroun :lol: :D )

DanStat

Aside from going in October and dealing with little to no crowds, one time we went on Spring Break and walked around half of the Magic Kingdom one morning with NO waits! We did ALL of Fantasyland in one sweep and didn't wait more than 5 minutes. It was so much fun! Last year at MNSSHP, riding Splash Mountain as a walk-on was an unexpected surprise.

Gorjus

Original Poster
I'm reminded of a thread a while back where someone asked if you would want the park to yourself. So many people said no they liked the people watching aspect. But for those who have been to the parks crowded and also to the parks when they are empty, which do you prefer?

I just can't see the point of fighting the crowds. Give me an empty park any day. I even have game plans to avoid crowds.

richiejg

2001 Trip

:slurp: I went in July/August 2001 and I didn't think that any of the parks where that busy. I'm going back in 2007 so will see how busy it is then!!

:wave:
Rich

majortom1981

this weekend

This weekend we had awesome waittimes.

About 3pm everyday it would rain. Most people would run for cover. Me and my gf would continue to go on rides and it was dead.

Also we went to the parks that did not have the emh for the day and it was great. This whole week we did not have a wait time greater then 20 min except for this past sunday where pirates had only one side opened.

NeedABreak

Last two years have been great in mid November. Before I started takeing myself I hadn't been since Splash was built. So I had to show him the picture of the wait time sign saying "15 mins". We must have waited 3 hours to ride that when it first opened.

Us too! We were there between Ivan and Jeanne and there was no one at the parks all week! We may have been spoiled. We're leaving in less than two weeks and I keep reading that there are going to be BIG crowds! I sure hope not! :(

Where did you hear this?! We will be there around the same time and were expecting light crowds.

PhilharMagician

The last week of August up until Labor Day last year (2005). With all the hurricanes that ripped through in 2004 it seemed to effect the crowds. It was hotter than hell, but there was nobody there.

seabee1

We are going the first week of Dec. hopefully it is a mild week for crowds. I like to have people around, but not shoulder to shoulder.:xmas:

Although, we went the first week of March 2005, and I didn't think it was that bad at all. There was a lot of people but very managable.

TikiBeckie

When we end of January last year, there were NO crowds at all...I loved it! I am nervous going this October because that will probably be the biggest crowd I've seen in a long time!

Gorjus

Original Poster
This weekend we had awesome waittimes.

..........snip............ This whole week we did not have a wait time greater then 20 min except for this past sunday where pirates had only one side opened.

I'm not being argumentative here. But you have assisted my original assumption. You think 20 minutes is not a bad wait time and for July/August, you are correct, it is miraculous. However, for those who choose off peak, 20 minutes is WAAAY too long to wait for most rides except Soarin' and other "E ticket" rides.

But "here, here" for you getting those fabulous wait times during peak season.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom