Best Epcot Restaurants? Sharing Meals at WDW? Girlfriend's First Trip to WDW

OneofThree

The food is average, period. Conflate this with enjoyment, experience, or ambiance all you want, but the original statement was about the food. If the total package is worth it to you, great, and say so. The last meal I had in WS cost $100+ -for lunch. In no way do I regret it, but in no way did the quality of the meal reflect that sort of price tag.

One of the major problems I am finding with these forums is personal bias. Whether or restaurant, resort, or park attraction, too many people seem to fail to account for those biases in helping others make decisions about their stay. The value of our collective experiences to others really is impacted by ability to sort out the difference between our own preferences and subjective norms.

OneofThree

Ummm...it’s a “forum” it’s s’posed to be opinion, which is by definition biased...

I think we can all understand what is meant by "average". That's a good thing, because without a point of reference, all those opinions are a complete waste of time.

EDIT: That said, I have to question the experience of anyone who would go so far as to say that the food quality across WS is excellent. Tell me you like it, tell me you love, tell me you'd trade your first born for it because you're in love with the themeing and I'm good with that. Just don't tell me it's great quality food, as some are suggesting.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I completely disagree with the 'world showcase food is so average' comment, although I'm not an experienced foodie i love trying new things and what could be better if you're a bit adventurous than literally trying foods from all over the world.

World showcase is definitely the first place i look to when booking meals at disney, they are good food and slightly less of the 'disney - kiddie' feel, i often find the world showcase is a bit more 'grown up' with a lot of alcohol options available.

Via napoli in the italian pavilion is a great place for sharing, they have pizzas served large enough specifically for sharing. Check out their menu:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/dining/epcot/via-napoli/menus/dinner/

Enjoy :) - I'm jealous, I'm not going until September!

It's mostly mediocre food though. Great experiences, mostly, and some restaurants that you definitely shouldn't miss, but you can do better flavor wise outside of the park itself in a few cases.

Here's my personal do and don't list.

DO
These are pretty unique experiences, and the food is normally pretty good. Listed in no particular order.
  • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
  • Le Cellier Steakhouse
  • Chefs de France
  • La Hacienda de San Angel
  • Monsieur Paul
  • Restaurant Marrakesh
  • San Angel Inn Restaurante
  • Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria

DON'T
The experiences are not really unique, and you can usually find better yet similar options at Disney Springs, the Disney resorts, or pretty close to the bubble.
  • Biergarten Restaurant
  • Coral Reef Restaurant
  • The Garden Grill
  • Nine Dragons Restaurant
  • Rose & Crown Dining Room
  • Spice Road Table
  • Teppan Edo
  • Tokyo Dining
  • Tutto Italia Ristorante

Last edited:

TXDisney

Honestly we love pretty much every restaurant in WS. Le Cellier is a favorite of ours. Les Chefs de France we love. Via Napoli also.

DisneyDoctor

The pizza at Via Napoli is delicious. Their ingredients are imported from Italy! So good.

My GF and I are huge fans of the fish and chips in UK at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop.

La Hacienda literally served the best margarita I've ever had. If you're into drinking, it's the avocado margarita. Also, their pork empanadas are very tasty.

San Angel Inn is good, but we prefer La Hacienda.

I always get an egg roll or some pot stickers in China from QS. Pretty run of the mill.

Les Halles in France is delicious. Everything there is so good. Try the ham and egg quiche, we love it. Oh, and get some gelato! Very good.

I like some of the bakery items in Morocco, but can't really give advice due to lack of experience there.

If you like German food like sausage and kraut, Biergarten is awesome. We love it there.

Can't really say much about Canada, although they sell Maple Crown Royal which is a favorite.

Japan is always so much fun to snack in. We've never eaten at the restaurants there, but are definitely looking forward to trying them sometime. I discovered this Asian drink called calpico there last time, and holy cow is it good. Japanese culture is super interesting, too, so we spend a lot of time there snacking and browsing.

America has, as you can guess, some pretty basic American food. Although it is good. If you're into funnel cakes they've got good ones.

Finally, Norway. I love the bakery there and always spend so much time trying everyone. I haven't tried something I don't like yet. Haven't eaten at Akershus, someday though. We always get the chocolate mousse thing that's shaped like a Vikings head (although, Vikings didn't wear horns on their helmets, there's a nice little history lesson lol).

I don't think I'm forgetting anything. I sincerely hope you have the best trip! I took my GF for the first time in 2015 and it was wonderful. Only issue is now both have the Disney bug 24/7!

At Epcot, we love Biergarten (buffet and show), Hacienda San Angel, Chefs de France, Marrakesh, and Rose & Crown. We don't care for Nine Dragons, Monsieur Paul, Nine Dragons, or Tutto Italia.

All the others are fine, but similar experiences to what we can get at home. I personally miss the days when the Italian Restaurant was "Alfredo's." It was great then.

Brianna E.

Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are going to be at WDW from 1/29 to 2/3. It will be her first time at WDW and I haven't been since 2004! She is very excited about dining, and what we would like to do is make a few reservations at some restaurants, especially EPCOT. Do you guys have any thoughts on the best places for lunch or dinner? Right now, we are leaning towards the Coral Reef restaurant (preferably right by the aquarium) and then going around the world showcase and sampling different foods. What do you guys think about that plan? Or is there a specific country where we need to have a sit down lunch or dinner?

Also, what is the policy on sharing meals at WDW in general? We want to eat a lot, and want to try many different things, but don't want to fill up at one place. Are you allowed to share meals, or is that frowned upon? Do you just have to ask your server?

Any help/input is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for your time and effort and have a great day!

I know it is a big thing that Le Cellier is over priced - as it is - but oh my god their cheese soup is the best thing- I am of course obsessed with soup though lol. I made a point to go there specifically for that.

Both restaurants in Italy are delicious. Via Napoli's pizza is just something else (and I am from New York).

Also I am no help with the sharing because my boyfriend is a bottomless pit and finished his meal and than mine lmao, so sharing is a no go for us!

Hope this helps and also have fun!!! I brought my boyfriend for the first time as well, it is really such a great experience just to see them witness how magical it truly is!

monykalyn

We like Teppan Edo, and we're trying Chefs de France for the first time in May.
Did both this trip. Teppan Edo on NYE was a blast- had great table mates.food was standard hibachi (we have a local favorite hibachi that I prefer as far as the sauces and salad dressing go).
Chef de France was--ok. Service impeccable but the food was meh. You'd think the Beouf bourguignon would be outstanding but it was bland. He pot roast at liberty tree tavern was much better. This is a one and done for us. They have no problem with sharing entrees (the party next to us split the vegetarian meal). Les Halles-pretty much everything is good
Via Napoli pizza is good even the next day and cold lol!
We too prefer Hacienda (and just about any margarita from le cava - but the pomegranate one at the festival booth was awful! The horchata one was awesome)
Norway-everyone raves about the school bread but I prefer lefse
Germany- if the pomegranate beer is back for arts festival -yum (was at food and wine).
Morroco -if you like Moroccan the QS is really good.
Fish and chips at the fish shop is very good. We also enjoyed Rose&Crown a lot.
And garden grill is good, and fun. Sunshine seasons as well.

But do check out the festival booths! Fun to try lots of different "bites".

danyoung56

I've always been really surprised by the negative comments on the Coral Reef, as it is by far one of my favorites. The mahi mahi is excellent, as is the steak. Ask for a seat down by the glass. You may need to wait a few minutes longer, but the view is well worth it!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I've always been really surprised by the negative comments on the Coral Reef, as it is by far one of my favorites. The mahi mahi is excellent, as is the steak. Ask for a seat down by the glass. You may need to wait a few minutes longer, but the view is well worth it!

I haven't been in a few years because it fall off of my list a long time ago, so maybe it has improved but out of a half a dozen visits we only enjoyed one or two.

Weather_Lady

if you don’t mind a character meal, the garden grill in the land pavilion is pretty good. sharing food won’t be an issue. it’s all u can eat & very filling.

I think food sharing is an issue at Garden Grill, because it's an "all-you-care-to-enjoy" meal. Generally, you're not allowed to share meals at buffets or other all-you-care-to-enjoy places. In contrast, at a la carte places (like the Coral Reef), it's not a problem.

Oops - just read @Minnie Mum's reply, above. Sorry to repeat!

danyoung56

I haven't been in a few years because it fall off of my list a long time ago, so maybe it has improved but out of a half a dozen visits we only enjoyed one or two.

I never want to put words into others' mouths, and maybe they've honestly had bad experiences there. But the Coral Reef has always been one of my favorites. Perhaps here and there I've had not so great service or maybe the meal has been off. But these are exceptions, and that incredible view totally makes up for any shortcomings.

largemarge

When we go to world showcase we always just get small bites at the QS in each country, that way we can have a little taste around the world without paying the prices for a TS meal. We have found most of the food at the QS to be scrumptious (especially the fish & chips)!

Hockey89

The picture you shared of the steak is example 100... You can enjoy but if I was served that I would ask for my check...

OneofThree

I never want to put words into others' mouths, and maybe they've honestly had bad experiences there. But the Coral Reef has always been one of my favorites. Perhaps here and there I've had not so great service or maybe the meal has been off. But these are exceptions, and that incredible view totally makes up for any shortcomings.

The negative reviews concerning the food quality at the Coral Reef seem widespread and consistent. Personally, I plan on eating there for the first time in 25 years or so based solely on that beautiful view you're talking about. It's unfortunate though, because how difficult would it really be for Disney to pair that unique atmosphere with the kind of restaurant they've got in the Flying Fish, for example?

We went to coral reef and had an outstanding experience, it was one of our favorite meals of our trip. The atmosphere was awesome, our server was super friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our appetizers and entrées. I would recommend the lobster bisque the New York strip or the shrimp and grits. The chocolate wave for dessert was awesome. Our server did allow us to share and for our kids to split a plate, We only ordered three appetizers three meals and three desserts for our party of four which was perfect.

MadMax11

My family loves Spice Road Table. You won't need a reservation. But we order various items off the menu and love it.

I'm not a huge fan of WS food offerings, because I find most aren't nearly as good as I can get at home in Houston. Having said that, my family loves EPCOT..it's our favorite park. And hanging out together in World Showcase is a huge part of that..especially in the evenings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom