Best Epcot Restaurants? Sharing Meals at WDW? Girlfriend's First Trip to WDW

Luke P

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are going to be at WDW from 1/29 to 2/3. It will be her first time at WDW and I haven't been since 2004! She is very excited about dining, and what we would like to do is make a few reservations at some restaurants, especially EPCOT. Do you guys have any thoughts on the best places for lunch or dinner? Right now, we are leaning towards the Coral Reef restaurant (preferably right by the aquarium) and then going around the world showcase and sampling different foods. What do you guys think about that plan? Or is there a specific country where we need to have a sit down lunch or dinner?

Also, what is the policy on sharing meals at WDW in general? We want to eat a lot, and want to try many different things, but don't want to fill up at one place. Are you allowed to share meals, or is that frowned upon? Do you just have to ask your server?

Any help/input is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for your time and effort and have a great day!

Diablo

I'll be taking my girlfriend down for her first trip the week before you get there.
I personally wouldn't go to EPCOT without stopping into Via Napoli for a prosciutto & melon pizza. La Hacienda is a fairly solid second in my book. I tend to go to Sunshine Seasons for lunch. When you'll be there, there will be food kiosks set up for the International Fine Arts Festival that, at least last year, had some fun options. I personally found Coral Reef to be beautiful and the food to be sub-par. I have no idea if I'm in the majority with that opinion.
I'm afraid I can't be of any help with the sharing policies.
Do make your dinner reservations as soon as you can, wherever you decide to go.
Have a great time.

TARDIS

We split our entres often since we always want aps and dessert which is hard to fit and not be sick.Never had a issue and have always been brought a second plate for the splitting without asking so it's probably fairly common. :) we love Le Cellier at Epcot for the beer cheese soup and pretzel bread.:hungry:

Minnie Mum

You can share meals at any kiosk or CS restaurant. You can share meals at any a la carte TS restaurant. You cannot share meals at any buffet or family style restaurant. Garden Grill is one of these. The set meal comes in platters and bowls to be shared by your table, but you are charged per person.

Coral Reef is one of our least favorite Disney restaurants for sub par food and very poor service. Try La Hacienda for Mexican or Spice Road Table for Moroccan.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Italian restaurants are good...if a bit standard fair.

Avoid nine dragons

Le cellier is perhaps the most overpriced/overrated restaurant in all
Of wdw.

I like chefs, but it can be hit or miss. The atmosphere In coral reef is worth the trip...food is iffy.

I like the Mexico restaurants...though they can be standard type fare for Mexican.

Hibachi is standard hibachi...good but available at home.

I enjoy Rose and crown but the menu isn't for everyone.

Morroco is good but an acquired taste.

I like garden grill.

That about covers it.

Edit: biergarten is a matter of taste...I like it but it's heavy. If you go during Oompah times it's a good little show

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'd take a look at Biergarten. CR is okay. I just hate leaving WS during that part of the evening to walk clear across the park for dinner.

JIMINYCR

We enjoy La Hacienda, Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, & Biergarten. But you should also consider leaving EP for a short walk to the Boardwalk. We enjoy the Cape May buffet and Trattoria.

Jae99

I have found the restaurants around the World Showcase to be very average. I have dined at Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo and La Hacienda de San Angel.

You will find some good stuff at some of the QS restaurants, if you want to wander World Showcase and sample different foods.

I would suggest spending an evening at Disney Springs. There is a huge selection of restaurants, all of which have bars/lounges attached that you can go to and order from the restaurants menu. You could hop from one place to another sampling drinks and food all night.

Hockey89

I have found the restaurants around the World Showcase to be very average. I have dined at Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo and La Hacienda de San Angel.

You will find some good stuff at some of the QS restaurants, if you want to wander World Showcase and sample different foods.

I would suggest spending an evening at Disney Springs. There is a huge selection of restaurants, all of which have bars/lounges attached that you can go to and order from the restaurants menu. You could hop from one place to another sampling drinks and food all night.
The food around the World Showcase is so average... I do lunch but would never eat a nice dinner there.

larandtra

Sharing food is ok at most restaurants. Some thoughts. Dont do Coral Reef. There are much better choices and if you want seafood, step out International Gateway, walk to the Boardwalk and eat at Flying Fish. In World Showcase, La Hacienda, Tutto Italia, Chefs De France, Spice Road, and Rose and Crown are all pretty consistent. If you want steak and Le Cellier is on your mind, again, step out the gateway and go to Yachtsman. Le Cellier, Coral Reef, San Angel are all "atmosphere" restaurants with overpriced and average at best food. If you want a nice break for lunch, pop into Tutto Gusto in Italy. Its very quaint and has a great app and drink menu. Teppan Edo isnt bad, Akershus is good for the food if you can deal with the kids. Id say avoid Biergarten and anywhere in China. Via Napoli is also good for Lunch but it is loud and more of a family atmosphere.

Seabasealpha1

Personally, for best atmosphere, I love lunch at the San Angel Inn Restaurante...no, it's not the absolute best Epcot has to offer, but it has some charm to it...

As far as Coral Reef goes, I've not experienced it, but my brother in law insists on making reservations six months out and the whole nine yards...I'm not entirely sure it's worth all the hype and trouble...again...no experience with it, so go for it if you like...

I guess I'm also not sure I'd wanna order the seafood and then watch it swim by at the same time...o_O

OneofThree

Personally, for best atmosphere, I love lunch at the San Angel Inn Restaurante...no, it's not the absolute best Epcot has to offer, but it has some charm to it...

A lot, dare I say most of the reviews of this place (done by actual critics) paint it as terribly disappointing at best, and just plain gross on occasion. This is unfortunate, primarily because I am in agreement with you that the ambiance is very nice.

OneofThree

I completely disagree with the 'world showcase food is so average' comment, although I'm not an experienced foodie i love trying new things and what could be better if you're a bit adventurous than literally trying foods from all over the world.

You're basically qualifying the execution by referring to the value of the concept or idea. I think another way of stating the criticism is to say that the quality of the food there lags behind offerings had a similarly priced restaurants. Really, this isn't so inconsistent with the current Disney experience across the board, where we pay a premium for Mouse branding. Whether or not that brand equity is worth the "price of admission" is up to the individual, but enough people have made the observation that most don't expect a 4 star culinary experience despite the tab.

aw14

If you are staying at Epcot, Rose and Crown is a personal favorite. We also enjoyed San Angel Inn, however the service left a lot to be desired. We have tried Tutto Italia (good, not great) Biergarten (great ambiance, menu not for us)Garden Grill (personally a big fan), Coral Reef (good, not special), and of course Chefs de France. That would likely be the only one to challenge Rose and Crown for us

Hockey89

I completely disagree with the 'world showcase food is so average' comment, although I'm not an experienced foodie i love trying new things and what could be better if you're a bit adventurous than literally trying foods from all over the world.

World showcase is definitely the first place i look to when booking meals at disney, they are good food and slightly less of the 'disney - kiddie' feel, i often find the world showcase is a bit more 'grown up' with a lot of alcohol options available.

Via napoli in the italian pavilion is a great place for sharing, they have pizzas served large enough specifically for sharing. Check out their menu:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/dining/epcot/via-napoli/menus/dinner/

Enjoy :) - I'm jealous, I'm not going until September!
Comparing it to the Sig places at Disney for a nice meal it is completely average at best... It's just mediocre food...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom