Best Downtown Disney Restaurant

NEL

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

I am having difficulty deciding what restaurant to make reservations for at DTD for my upcoming December trip. I did purchase Deluxe DDP so it must accept th plan. In you opinion, what is the best restaurant at DTD and why?

Any suggestions and info will be appreciated !!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The House of Blues makes a mean jambalaya. And they have some seats outdoors as well. But it can get noisy in there.....

RonAnnArbor

Raglan Road hands down if you are adults-only -- not only is the food amazingly good (with huge portions), there is music, dancers, and generally a great community atmosphere. It also attracts a lot of Orlando locals so you aren't stuck talking Disney the entire evening you are there. I love the place, and go every single trip to WDW, usually on my first evening there and my last evening there -- it feels like a hometown irish pub and restaurant (with much better food --- in fact, I've been to Ireland countless times and the food there is not as good either). Raglan Road knows their business and they do it well.

Note that while Raglan Road is family friendly, it definitely geared toward adults.

Raglan Road hands down if you are adults-only -- not only is the food amazingly good (with huge portions), there is music, dancers, and generally a great community atmosphere. It also attracts a lot of Orlando locals so you aren't stuck talking Disney the entire evening you are there. I love the place, and go every single trip to WDW, usually on my first evening there and my last evening there -- it feels like a hometown irish pub and restaurant (with much better food --- in fact, I've been to Ireland countless times and the food there is not as good either). Raglan Road knows their business and they do it well.

Note that while Raglan Road is family friendly, it definitely geared toward adults.

I have to agree Raglan Road is great! But I have been there with my family and its been great!

Where have you been in Ireland? The food is not great in some pubs in Ireland but in most it is grand! (I take it you were talking about pub food?)

I have to say I have been to many Irish restaurants/pubs in America but this is the closest one to a real Irish pub.

ImaYoyo

The new Captain Jacks menu is great and every table has a water view. Paradiso has some VERY good options, but I've never had good service. However, the skirt steak with chimichurri is so good that I continue to go back, even with the poor service.

NEL

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. Let me provide more details on our party. We will be 3, me, my wife, and my 3 year old son. I figure this may change/affect any suggestions for me. I see many people recommend Raglan RD, will it be ok with a 3 year old? How is the atmosphere ?

Any other suggestion and info will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. Let me provide more details on our party. We will be 3, me, my wife, and my 3 year old son. I figure this may change/affect any suggestions for me. I see many people recommend Raglan RD, will it be ok with a 3 year old? How is the atmosphere ?

Any other suggestion and info will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !!!!!
If you go around 8 or 9 it can be quite festive and a little loud with the band playing. Before that it is pretty much like any other restaurant.

EvilQueen-T

i love wolfgang pucks. good food, nice view, good atmosphere, feels upscale but relaxed at the same time.

i've had hob food once for a concert in 05 it was pretty good, then we did lunch there this past april...my sister loved her sandwich (ham w/boursin cheese), i got food poisoning after a turkey club (but unfortunately this can happen anywhere it just happened to happen here for me).

paradiso did once had a really good lunch. the place wasn't real busy so the service was perfect.

jen42002

Since OP mentioned that they specifically wanted a DDP restaurant, i would suggest Raglan Road. Fulton's, House of Blues, Portobello and Paradiso 37 are not on the dining plan. Included restaurants are subject to change.

mickey2008.1

We love Wolfgang Pucks. The food is great and so is the service. The filet with trffule butter is amazing and so are the crab cakes.

mickeysshoes

Raglan Roads is the best choice for DDP...most others are not on the plan. The only other plan choice you have is Capt Jacks! But Ragand is AWESOME!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom