Best Disney tip you ever got!

mikenatcity1

When it's pouring and at EPCOT, go into the turnstiles and hang a right. There is an overhang that takes you all the way to Spaceship Earth that will keep you completely dry and avoid the running people.

Dad 2 M & M

quote="MKCP 1985, post: 4508618, member: 10780"]Fastpass - don't fret if you have a lunch reservation or are caught up in a ride queue during the hour of your return time. You can't return before the time printed, but you can almost always return later than the one hour window and your fastpass be honored.

I learned that one on these boards. :wave:

No longer :([/quote]I wonder if it is really enforced? Somehow, I doubt it is......

DisneyFreakEst1994

When I was really little, my great aunt sent us on our first Disney trip as a family. it was in 2001, we had been without my little sister before but never brought her, I was 7 and she was 4. Our trip was planned for September 13 ( right after the terrorist attacks) It was really empty at WDW that week because of the attacks and a cast member told us that it was usually a really busy time of the year so my parents asked when the slowest time is. they said the week after Thanksgiving. So every year since then we have gone the Sunday after Thanksgiving to the next Sunday. And it has been fairly empty since 2001 until about 2010 so 9 years but last year I guess everyone else realized that too and it was a little bit more crowded. It wasn't packed! But not as empty as usual. So that's my advice go the week after Thanksgiving. But this year were going the beginning of November and the beginning of December so we'll see how that goes

Mawg

When I was really little, my great aunt sent us on our first Disney trip as a family. it was in 2001, we had been without my little sister before but never brought her, I was 7 and she was 4. Our trip was planned for September 13 ( right after the terrorist attacks) It was really empty at WDW that week because of the attacks and a cast member told us that it was usually a really busy time of the year so my parents asked when the slowest time is. they said the week after Thanksgiving. So every year since then we have gone the Sunday after Thanksgiving to the next Sunday. And it has been fairly empty since 2001 until about 2010 so 9 years but last year I guess everyone else realized that too and it was a little bit more crowded. It wasn't packed! But not as empty as usual. So that's my advice go the week after Thanksgiving. But this year were going the beginning of November and the beginning of December so we'll see how that goes

I like this idea, but just doesn't feel right to take the kids out of school for a week to go to Disney.

mdrongowski

but heres the thing I bought a poncho in 2007 it was 10.00 every year I bring it back and the last 2 yrs it ripped and I got a brand new one, they trade it out for you! So really your not loosing any money!

We had one that ripped on us last year, October, and they said they no longer replace them. So this year I am taking ones that we purchased at Wal mart.

DisneyFreakEst1994

I like this idea, but just doesn't feel right to take the kids out of school for a week to go to Disney.

yeah. my parents felt the same way. But, they would tell our teachers a month in advance. The teachers would get a packet together of all the work that we'd be missing. And every morning and night on the trip we'd have "school time" with either my mom or aunt (my cousin would also be with us and miss a week too). And when we got back, it would be like we never left. Now when I got to high school it was a little different. The teachers wouldn't give out work to me. I'd have to wait until I got home to get all of it, but we are given 2 extra days per day we were gone so I got 10 days to turn in all my work and then I'd take tests. It would work out and our grades never slipped cause of it. But I can see where some people would be hesitant

Mawg

yeah. my parents felt the same way. But, they would tell our teachers a month in advance. The teachers would get a packet together of all the work that we'd be missing. And every morning and night on the trip we'd have "school time" with either my mom or aunt (my cousin would also be with us and miss a week too). And when we got back, it would be like we never left. Now when I got to high school it was a little different. The teachers wouldn't give out work to me. I'd have to wait until I got home to get all of it, but we are given 2 extra days per day we were gone so I got 10 days to turn in all my work and then I'd take tests. It would work out and our grades never slipped cause of it. But I can see where some people would be hesitant

I have a lot of teachers in my family, it just wouldn't fly. I would love to go then, when there are no crowds. We went before my kids were in school (they were 3 and 5) in October for the MNSSHP and that was the best trip ever.

ratherbeinwdw

Extra Magic Hour morning so you can ride the big rides really quick, then bus it to another park where it isnt crowded. Go back to the original park another day when its not so busy.:sohappy:
No longer true at MK. They only open Tomorrowland and Fantasyland early.
I thought that maybe it was only while we were there in June, but they are no longer on the early morning rides list. Boo Hoo.

MKCP 1985

Not anymore!
Well, it had been awhile since I posted that. Do you have experience seeing the new rules enforced?

Here's a tip, and not one I always follow: See which park has early admission for resort guests, then choose a different park to visit that day to avoid the largest crowds.

themagicaddicts

One of the best tips I've ever gotten was to nap before dinner. I know, super interesting, but it really helps the whole trip experience. my entire family is EXHAUSTED after lunch, so we usually go back to our hotel and recharge. When we wake up, we head to our reservations and when we're done we use our extra magic hours feeling refreshed! :)

s&k'smom

OMG I totally agree with the nap, every day of our trip we go back to the room after lunch for a swim, nap, just relax in the room, even the kids look forward to it. Makes the evening so much more fun.

Cosmic Commando

Well, it had been awhile since I posted that. Do you have experience seeing the new rules enforced?

Here's a tip, and not one I always follow: See which park has early admission for resort guests, then choose a different park to visit that day to avoid the largest crowds.
I think it depends on the park. I probably won't do morning EMH at the Studios again until they add some more significant stuff. We went a couple of times during a normal day right at 9 to get our FP's for TSMM and saw how long the line was... it was noticeably longer at 8 on the EMH day. With MK, there's enough open that if we're going to be there at 8, I still think it's a plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom