Best Disney tip you ever got!

The Mighty Tim

Now they have Jofferys, which is good.

game-of-thrones-joffrey-robin-hood-prince-john.jpg

BigHero4

IF you plan to bring your own stroller balloons to have the Disney resort inflate with helium, bring generic balloons only! Why? We were told by the manager at AS Sports that they couldn't put helium into the Disney balloons that we brought with us because they were licensed merch not from the parks, but if they were generic balloons he could do it... what??!! What ever. We ended up buying the $12 Mickey balloon at MK and giving it to another family before we left.

blreinsel

Somebody may have already mentioned this, and if so I apologize! But the best tip I've ever gotten is to ask for a glass of water at quick service restaurants! Buying bottles of water in the parks is super expensive, especially if you're there when it's scorching hot and are consuming a lot of water each day. It's also hard on your back to carry bottles of water bought outside of the park around with you all day. This one saved me big time on my last trip in August 2014! :)

heychadwick

I figured something out yesterday. We had a change of schedule to our dining and were looking for available options. I had always picked a specific time when looking and my wife always picked "lunch" or "dinner". Well, we figure out that she got different results than I did! We prefer to eat on the earlier side, but when picking a generic meal, they didn't offer up the earlier times. When I would pick either 11am or 5pm for our meals, we found there were times available that weren't shown when the generic "lunch" or "dinner" was selected!

Bcakd

The first tip I ever give anyone is Do not get caught in the exit crowds! Sit down have an ice cream and people watch til everyone is gone! Saves yourself a lot of stress plus staying to take pics of the parks almost empty at night is great.
Absolutely one of my favorite things! Main Street is truly magical at closing....or about 1 hour after. After the "elbow room only" crowds have dried up, walking down Main Street, lights twinkling, reveling in the sights and sounds of the day, doing a little wind down before going to back to your resort for some shut-eye....priceless!!

bjlc57

we NEED TO do this.. go back to the room at mid day.. my biggest problem is that OUR BUS stop is always the last one .. at every park.. always the furthest away.. ( we stay a pop..).. I guess that your bus stop reflects what you paid for your room..

bjlc57

so to walk all the way out to the bus.. and then WALK ALL THE WAY BACK IN.. when I am used to taking the tram...and getting a decent parking spot.. bus parking is a bunch more walking then car parking..

Diva120

*One can get Ice water at quick stations in the parks. Saves from lugging bottles of water and having warm water mid day.
*Book your table service meals in advanced, but also make sure they match up with your intended park or area. I've booked 3 different meals in 2 different parks and 1 way out hotel in my early days and it was dumb, LOL! We ran to eat.
*Disney Dining plan is worth looking at. I remember a quick service lunch rang in at $56 for 3 ppl. We are all considered adults and the cost per night /per person on the Dining plan is $60. Add in the Table meal that would ring in at $100+ at times and snacks that would ttl $15-20.
*Pack breakfasts to eat in the room: I brought Starbux Via's, Oatmeal packets, cereal, Nut packets from Trader Joes, Chocolate Crepes from Whole Foods. Always provision buying an OJ or a milk for the room.
*Take loads of pictures! I've got a million pics of us at Epcot in front of the Ball. With all the fancy photo programs out, we can crop, color, border, haze to your hearts content!

britdaw

One I really wish I'd known for last trip: DO NOT overbook yourself! Last time we wasted a LOT of time going back and forth to different reservations. This time we are going to cut back a LOT on the character meals and stuff, so we have more time to ride and just hang out in the parks.

Socalphili

One of my favorite tips came from Tom on WDWmagic also ..... stay until about a half hour after closing in the MK and see the "Kiss Goodnight" at the castle. Never knew this and was really cool to see. No crowds when you leave because everyone left after the fireworks.

Momof3petes

The tip about breaking the kids out of school.....make sure you are informed of your school districts policies on this first! Some districts have cracked down on this big time and there may be consequences. We took our own kids out in 2013 at the end of January (1 in elementary and the other 2 in HS). The HS kids were given unexcused absences even after explaining this was a trip to celebrate their father coming home after a year long deployment. We knew this going into our trip and were willing to take it! Too many unexcused and they can take you to court and/or fail the student here.

But if you can do it then by all means please do! Crowds were so much more enjoyable than say Spring Break madness!

Minnie1986

For me it was choosing a spot near Paris for Illuminations in EPCOT, then exiting the park toward the Boardwalk. This saved us tons of time waiting for the buses in front of EPCOT, not to mention the crowds near the front exit.
This is awesome, since I'll be having dinner in "Paris" during Illuminations. Thanks!

The Mighty Tim

Not sure if posted yet, but my tip is ride the Single Rider line on Test Track. Yes, your party will be split up, but sometimes you can still end up in the same car.

Many was the time I strolled up to the Test Track building and saw the Single Rider line at 5 minutes and the Standby line at 40+ minutes. No brainer, really. In fact, we rode Single Rider twice in succession and I'm sure we passed the same people in line!

SosoDude

No one ever told me, but I can give a tip bought with experience. NEver go on Kali River Rapids before having lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe. Gives new meaning to Disney's Frozen. It was in September and I don't think the AC ever quit blowing in there. Normally that would be great, but soaking wet, not so good.

Ted Daggett

we NEED TO do this.. go back to the room at mid day.. my biggest problem is that OUR BUS stop is always the last one .. at every park.. always the furthest away.. ( we stay a pop..).. I guess that your bus stop reflects what you paid for your room..

Instead of going back to our room mid-day, we always use our dining plan "table service meal" for a nice long relaxing lunch (usually at Crystal Palace), it allows time for our kids to rest, to get through the rest of the day. Then we have a quick meal for dinner.

Minnie1986

Don't Pop Century and Art of Animations have their own buses?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom