Best dinner buffets, Best variety

Iteachwood

Original Poster
So many good buffets at WDW...Crystal Palace, Hoolywood and Vine, Chef Mickey. Mary Poppins etc....what in your opinion offers the best in quality and choice ( not taking into account characters)

Mukta

I have eaten at a couple of dinner buffets at WDW. Crystal Palace, Boma, 1900 Park Fare ...

Food wise, Boma is my favorite. Great variety, unusual choices, yummy desserts and a beautiful location

Lucky

I have eaten at a couple of dinner buffets at WDW. Crystal Palace, Boma, 1900 Park Fare ...

Food wise, Boma is my favorite. Great variety, unusual choices, yummy desserts and a beautiful location
I forgot about Boma. It would be my #1 also for the reasons you mention.

We've done other buffets (Crystal Palace, Park Fare, etc.) for the characters, but the food is mostly pretty standard stuff.

materbuddy

BOMA!!!! :sohappy:Hands down the best buffet at WDW. The food is wonderful and if you get to AKL early you can go check out the animals and wonderful gift shop.

petey

If you go to Boma, there are a few things you can hang around AKL and do after dinner. If it is just adults they have a cool bar called Victoria Falls located right above Boma. If there are children, after it turns dark
located right past the Uzima pool, along the fence they have night vision
goggles they will let you use for a few minutes to view the animals in the savannah. They are the same type goggles the military uses, and it is
pretty cool especially the first time you try it. Just like in the daytime
some nights you may see more animals than others. Also while at the Boma, check out the famous Zebra Domes at the dessert section!!!!:slurp:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Cape May Clam Bake is the best to me.

Me too! Usually a first night tradition for us. This will be the first year we are missing it :cry:

I know that im in the minority about Boma but I was not impressed with the food and its not like i dont like exotic foods - i do, but outside of the atmosphere of the akl it was just " eehh" for me.

DisneySooner

I'm so glad to hear the great reviews of Boma. We are trying it for the first time this June. Can't wait!!!!:slurp: What's everyone's favorite item there?

Phonedave

Me too! Usually a first night tradition for us. This will be the first year we are missing it :cry:

I know that im in the minority about Boma but I was not impressed with the food and its not like i dont like exotic foods - i do, but outside of the atmosphere of the akl it was just " eehh" for me.

I agree with you about Boma. I enjoy different approaches to food, ethnic foods, and 'new' foods. I found nothing exciting about Boma.

I don't agree with you about the Cape May Cafe. That place ranks as the worse meal I have ever had at WDW - in almost all categories as well.

In my opinion, a buffet is never going to be more than 'good'. It's a buffet. It is held on a steam table, is pawed over, is not presented with items that are thought to compliment it, is not plated and presented, and is missing a major part of the restaruant experience - service.

I like a buffet at times, but I never expect them to blow me away.

-dave

lbrad

I didn't care for Trail's End....dirty, long line for no reason & poor service for drinks and clearing table.

I & DH didn't care for Boma..."ehh"... we were AKL resort guests & the resort was great.

Love Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare ... see a pattern...go for the characters NOT food.

ENJOY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom