Best Deluxe Resort?

CBug88

I agree king county beast15. AKL is by far my favorite resort for the theme, food and atmosphere. It is a bit out of the way, but you forget the hustle and bustle of the parks and can truly relax!

COrunner

My mom and I are currently planning our final Disney trip before we move away from Orlando! *gasp*
Anyways, we are still debating on which hotel to book, but we know we want to stay in one of the Deluxe ones. Which do you think is the best? (And won't have construction going on near the end of this month)

If it wasn't the construction zone it was my vote would be Poly. Been there twice and for layout, room size, access to the world I don't think you can beat it.

GF is amazing, luxurious but probably one of the worst deluxe locations because you don't get the fireworks views and transportation options aren't as good as Poly, Contemporary.

The contemporary is nice but doesn't have as nice a layout/privacy/amenities (IMO) that GF or Poly does.

Never done Boardwalk or the Lodge but I would assume they are on par with the others only without the monorail access. Which brings me to my final point:

If you are going to do deluxe have monorail access! It is just nice to have bus/boat/monorail as an option to get places and one of those 'I paid for this, I deserve this' perks of a deluxe!

tpoly88

My mom and I are currently planning our final Disney trip before we move away from Orlando! *gasp*
Anyways, we are still debating on which hotel to book, but we know we want to stay in one of the Deluxe ones. Which do you think is the best? (And won't have construction going on near the end of this month)
If money is not an object stay at the GF in the concierge level, if not try to get an upper floor as the resort is a little noisy, my favorite is the Yacht club (most of the time you can get a little break with your FL discount). Place is quiet and you don't hear the people next to you. Bay lake towers the rooms are a little tight for my liking. Boardwalk is not bad but i was not a fan of the whole layout of the hotel, i stayed in one of the cottages and the pool with the slide was a hike.

Epcot82Guy

Depending on how you define it, WDW Swan is my favorite (Resort view, definitely). They often have great deals, and since I'm typically traveling with adults - it's the best. Plus - the Westin Heavenly Beds... all I'm sayin'! :hilarious:

For the true deluxe resorts, Poly was my favorite, but I'm not thrilled with the changes. So, Wilderness Lodge takes the top spot - with Boardwalk and AKL taking slots 2 and 3.

DizneyPryncess

I never met a deluxe I didn't like, but the Boardwalk Villa's are my favorite. I love the ambiance there - the music that plays, strolling along the BW at night, getting breakfast at the bakery in the AM. I love the pool too, but clowns don't bother me. :)

Epcot-Rules

If you minus the clown, I vote for Boardwalk. For the record, I think the clown is creepy! There is so much to do there. Jellyrolls, Dance Hall, ESPN, Big River. A short walk to the World Showcase, Hollywood. We have stayed at multiple resorts and BW is our go to place. Polly had to be my least favorite of the Deluxe.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

My DH and I LOVED AKL! Views of animals from all over the resort. It's very quiet and relaxing. The theming is amazing. Really delicious restaurants! The pool and area is beautiful. The cast Members were really knowledgeable about the animals. Night vision goggles to view the animals in the dark was very cool.We found even though the location was a little more remote than other deluxe resorts that the transportation was really great as well. It was an incredible resort! We'll be staying again on our next trip!

WDWoptmist

Like so many are saying really depends what you guys want to do...we personally like to spend the most time in Epcot so we tend to stay around the Boardwalk with YC being our favorite (best pool on property by far too) but if you guys want to stay near Magic Kingdom maybe get a room at Bay Lake Tower or GF...have fun!!! I dread the day I have to move away anywhere farther than Jax or Tampa lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom