Best Day to Visit the Magic Kingdom?

disneyfan295

I am going to WDW for a week in October and I only have one day to spend at the Magic Kingdom (I am going to MNSSHP, but I don't really count that as a park day). I searched the web to see what the least crowded MK day is and I found that there were low crowds on Sundays because most tourists come to Orlando on Sunday then start their trip on Monday at MK. Is this true? I want to get there at rope drop on a non-EMH day because I am not staying on property. Is Sunday a day with low crowds?

Disneydreamer23

I would say no weekend day at all to be honest and I would pick a day that another park has EMH like if EPCOT has extra magic hours from 10-11 and mk closes at 10 I would do MK alot of people will park hop but others like me I go the days they have EMH Have fun!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Sundays can be crowded, too, but they're not bad -- as you say, Monday, along with weekend days, is often more crowded. Tuesday and Wednesday are typically the least crowded MK days, although with a good touring plan, crowd level doesn't matter much. Actually, if you can do the MK the same day you're attending MNSSHP, "party days" in October have atypically low crowds in the MK, because guests who don't have a parkhopper ticket don't want to "waste" a ticket on a day with an early park closing, so they attend to avoid the MK.

Upvote 0

Redsky89

Magic Kingdom is the most visited park in the world its hard to find a day it isnt at least a little crowded lol. It varies from day to day theres no real telling how crowded it will be.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Magic Kingdom is the most visited park in the world its hard to find a day it isnt at least a little crowded lol. It varies from day to day theres no real telling how crowded it will be.

I agree. The better approach regardless of season is the time arrival. To make the most of your visit arrive prior to opening (yet I have never once accomplished this, lol) and make the most of the first 2 hours of park opening. The park does not really get crowded until 10/11 and it stays that way through late mid day (4-6). If your on property take advantage of morning hours (you can get a few attractions done in that hour) as well.

Upvote 0

LucyK

People turn their noses on EMH buf if you are a Disney resort guest I'd go on a Wednesday when they have night EMH. Be there for rope drop and stay till 2PM, take a break and go back around 6PM, staying till the end of the night. Crowds will drop to almost zero one one hour into EMH and you'll have an empty park to enjoy.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Sundays can be crowded, too, but they're not bad -- as you say, Monday, along with weekend days, is often more crowded. Tuesday and Wednesday are typically the least crowded MK days, although with a good touring plan, crowd level doesn't matter much. Actually, if you can do the MK the same day you're attending MNSSHP, "party days" in October have atypically low crowds in the MK, because guests who don't have a parkhopper ticket don't want to "waste" a ticket on a day with an early park closing, so they attend to avoid the MK.
This ^^^^. Tues and Weds are definately your best bet. Sundays are VERY iffy in all honesty. Last year was VERY crowded. During Food and Wine is when MK *could* be less crowded than most Friday nights, as alot of people flock to Epcot.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I would go with Sunday, typically the MK has EMH on Sunday evenings and stays open later, so you can really get a lot done.

Edit: Oops....sorry, didn't see you aren't staying on property.

Upvote 0

cw1982

We're doing our big MK day on a Sunday, but we're staying onsite so we'll be able to use EMH that night.

FWIW, I would think that the crowds that would come in for evening EMH might not be there first thing in the morning, for the most part... that sounds like a REALLY long day, even for MK lol. So, for early morning visits, Sunday might be a good day.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays also seem to be generally recommended from what I've seen on the popular touring websites.

Upvote 0

DisneyGirl3820

We went this past October thinking the crowd levels would be low like other years but they weren't. The Food and Wine Festival was extended and the weekends and even weeknights were packed at Epcot and crowds were more in MK. We went to MNSSHP the week before Halloween so maybe that was also the reason. Based on what we've experienced, in general, the beginning of the week seems to be less crowded. I would say more Monday and Tuesday rather than Sunday.

Upvote 0

JohnD

It depends on what Sunday in October. If you pick October 12 that is before Columbus Day (observed) on Monday. MK will be open late probably to 3am and with larger crowds.

Last year I found right in the middle of the week on Wednesday worked best for me.

Upvote 0

Wikkler

Hate to say it but:
A. That site is run by a member that has been banned from here.
B. Even though I use it, it is not allowed to post links to it.
C. It's censored. You can't click on that link.

Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

This ^^^^. Tues and Weds are definately your best bet. Sundays are VERY iffy in all honesty. Last year was VERY crowded. During Food and Wine is when MK *could* be less crowded than most Friday nights, as alot of people flock to Epcot.

What about if it's a Friday during F&W and it's MNSSHP?

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

People turn their noses on EMH buf if you are a Disney resort guest I'd go on a Wednesday when they have night EMH. Be there for rope drop and stay till 2PM, take a break and go back around 6PM, staying till the end of the night. Crowds will drop to almost zero one one hour into EMH and you'll have an empty park to enjoy.

I am going to WDW for a week in October and I only have one day to spend at the Magic Kingdom (I am going to MNSSHP, but I don't really count that as a park day). I searched the web to see what the least crowded MK day is and I found that there were low crowds on Sundays because most tourists come to Orlando on Sunday then start their trip on Monday at MK. Is this true? I want to get there at rope drop on a non-EMH day because I am not staying on property. Is Sunday a day with low crowds?
Because of MNSSHP, MK is only open for late hours one Sunday in October. The park is usually less crowded on party days. Between 2 and 6, you can practically walk on rides. We love to do that time on party days and with AP's we don't have to worry about losing a day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom