Best Customer Service Moment at WDW

Taylor

Original Poster
Walt Disney World is well known for there (mostly) amazing customer service. And I want to hear some of your favorite moments of when a CM went out of there way to help you make your trip even more memorable.

So naturally I will start with my own. Me my parents and my 2 year old (just adopted) brother had morning character reservations at Cape May Cafe, and we were running a little wait so we got on a bus from our resort and went to Epcot for a connecting bus to the restaurant. We couldn't find the resorts bus stop so went to the transportation office for directions, we told her what we were doing and she said she will take us in the company SUV over there. When we were in the car we found out she was the transportation director of epcot I was shocked she took time out of her day to help us. We got there no problem

FettFan

Not really WDW...but it could count, since we were on resort property. We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe outside of Animal Kingdom. Our server was Larry. He was AWESOME, even helping my disabled grandfather navigate around the menu. After dinner, when he brought us the bill, he posed with us for a few pics.

Larry and the rest of the Rainforest Cafe staff were at the top of their game, and I think their service actually beat out some of the in-park restaurants. (I'm looking at you Sci-Fi Dine In)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I went to WDW with my girlfriend and her family last November. We stayed at Pop for the first half of our trip and at Fort Wilderness for the last half. Long story short, I was on the reservation at Pop but I wasn't at FW, so I wouldn't be allowed to take DME back to the airport. We tried talking to different people about the situation but they all said there was nothing that could be done and I was stuck. My girlfriend's mother was going to have to go out of her way to take me to the airport in her completely packed car while my girlfriend and her kids rode DME - that is, until the extremely nice CM at DME check-in heard our story and immediately went to work on securing me a voucher to go on the bus with them. We could not be more thankful after having to stress about somehow getting me to the airport.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
When during the height of the Food and Wine Festival the bar staff of La Cava del Tequila replaced the dreaded plastic beakers, used during the event, with the proper glass and poring vessel. The duty manager heard my complaint and acted immediately. Im sure it was in no way connected with the large tab we ran up the day previously.

woody98

Back in 2008 while making our reservations they asked if we had any special needs. I said yes my mom is due for a hip replacement and if we could get something close to main building and transportation. They of course said they would try. About 2 weeks later my mom received a call from Disney asking if she would like a handicap room with an adjoining room for the kids (my parents adopted my sisters kids) all at no extra charge plus a wheelchair for the entire stay. Considering we stayed for 2 weeks that year this was beyond anything we ever expected.

JIMINYCR

My wife is in a motorized wheelchair because of MS. At MGM at the time we wanted to see Beauty & the Beast Live Show. We had entered the pavilion and were positioned in a designated wheelchair spot waiting for the show to begin. The pavilion was filling up quickly. There were several wheelchairs in place in a row. For some reason a CM came by and started giving us a hard time about where we were and wanted us to move. He actually reaches down and begins pulling on the wheelchair to try moving it. I got angry with him and called another CM over to see what the big deal was about our seating arrangement. By this time my wife is beginning to become upset because of the situation. The second CM assures me that where we are is fine and we do not have to move. He tells the problem CM that he was wrong to try and move us, the area we are in is fine.
We watch the show and enjoy it. As we leave the pavillion the nice CM runs up to us, reassures us that we were fine to be where we were. Then tells us that the issue of the problem CM was resolved by a supervisor, this wasnt the first time there was a problem with him, and that CM will no longer be working for Disney.

steviej

my family and i lost our yorkie minnie 7 years ago very unexpectedly, the next day we were able to book a flight and reservation just to get out of the house for a long weekend. We were in crystal palace and me and my mom had a breakdown moment at the same time and tigger came by and long story short, would not stop horsing around with me, my mom, and my stepdad until we were all laughing. Hands down, the best.

rcapolete

Last year my dw and i took or dd to bibbit bop(sp) and also had our ds get the prince package, later that night after eating at the round table we were walking through the park and my ds noticed that he lost his shield, we talked to a cm who turned out to be a supervisor, he went out of his way to find the shield, when he couldn't he tried to get him another one from the boutique but it was closed as it was the end of the night, to our amazement he went to one of the stores and got our ds son a brand new one on the house (or should i say on the mouse). It made our ds night.
Once we got back home i made sure to email wdw and let them know how thankfully we where for his help (didn't mention the freebee didn't want to get him in trouble)

bethymouse

my family and i lost our yorkie minnie 7 years ago very unexpectedly, the next day we were able to book a flight and reservation just to get out of the house for a long weekend. We were in crystal palace and me and my mom had a breakdown moment at the same time and tigger came by and long story short, would not stop horsing around with me, my mom, and my stepdad until we were all laughing. Hands down, the best.
I had a similar experience at Chef Mickeys. Goofy knew I had been crying and upset ( I thought I lost my credit card, but later found it). He gave me the biggest hug ever and made me smile! That's what makes DISNEY so very special and near and dear to my heart!:)

Walt Disney1955

In 1995 my dad lost his hat on Splash Mountain. It was one of those old "John Deere" type of hats that was worthless but he still was hoping to get it back. On the way out at the end of the night he stopped in at City Hall to report it. Two weeks later the hat comes in the mail. In 2009 the same thing happened to my wife. We believe it was on Pirates where she lost her sunglasses. Again, not a major deal but either way I told her to report it and she got them back in the mail.

From a personal level I really enjoyed talking to a young gentleman in One Man's Dream. I was really fascinated with the amount of information and memorabillia in the pre-show portion. I seeked him out and asked him if he knew where one of the original 1971 maps could be found. He did not know but advised I look on Google. He then proceeded to talk in great lengths about the opening of the park in 1971. He was very well versed in all of this and I don't think he was a day over 20. It was from him that I learned that Pirates was forced in back in 1973 because of major complaints of not having it. He says they rushed it too much making the one in Disneyland far superior. There were just a lot of drops of information he shared and he didn't have to do this with me. Eventually I had to be dragged away from my Disney talk since the show was starting

DizneyPryncess

DH & I were celebrating our engagement back in 2007, and we didn't know at that point about making ADR's in advance. We were at Epcot, having trouble finding somewhere to have dinner. My parents went to Garden Grill, and they said they were booked. We met them there a few minutes later, and a Garden Grill CM came over & asked if we were all together. We said yes, and they said they would get us a table if we would wear our bride & groom mouse ears the whole meal. We of course agreed! They brought us out a big plate of cheese & fruit from the back as an appetizer, and a surprise congratulations dessert at the end. We were shocked - it was the first time anything like that ever happened to us at Disney, and it made everything that much more magical for us! =-)

stlbobby

I've posted this before, but it seems like a good place to reiterate.

A few years ago, I think it was 2006, I flew from St. Louis to Orlando and had a horrible altercation with a fellow passenger that then turned into an argument with a flight attendant. I was extremely upset and even after talking to the attendant's manager and a festive Magical Express trip to my resort. I was still visibly upset.

During check-in at SS the CM asked me if something was wrong and I told her not to worry about it it was the airline's fault. She continued to ask about it and I assured her it wasn't Disney's fault or problem, but I gave her the short version.

My room wasn't ready so I went to Downtown for lunch and shopped. When I finally got to my room about three hours later there was a small gift basket and a note stating SS management didn't want my vacation to start on a bad note and they hoped the treats would help.

The treats did help and my vacation immediately got better. My issue was totally unrelated to anything Disney did, but they sprinkled a bit of magic for me anyway.

I will submit that I was lucky and got one of the best CM's out there, I wish I remembered her name, and this kind of thing is not 100%, but it is also hasn't completely disappeared as so often is touted.

This woman was just one of the many great CM's I have encountered in my visits. I have a couple other amazing stories that I will share later, if this one is well received.

I just wanted to share this story because it meant so much to me at the time and still touches me today.

quirkle

I have written a few times about great experiences. I was 3 and I swear Cinderella was waving from the castle and my brother yelled Cinderella - my sister wants to meet you. Minutes later I was whisked away to meet CInderella in a private M&G. I was a child but looking back I presume it was a CM making magic.

One time when my family was exiting Seas with Nemo and my youngest was crying that she wanted to go on again. I was planning on getting back into the line when a CM asked my 3 year old what would make her happy and she said going back on the ride. Well, the CM took us through a back way to the front of the line. My daughter smiled from ear to ear.

Another time we were in a ling M&G to see the Fairies in the old Toon Town. When we got to the front we asked which fairies were there and they were ones we had just seen. The CM asked me who we wanted to see and I told her Fawn or Irridescia. She called me aside and told me that Fawn would be there after the next break and gave me a card to bring back to the back way in order to be one of the first to meet Fawn - my daughters felt like royalty.

One morning at POFQ the busses were running VERY LATE - there were 4 b2b HS busses but we wanted EPCOT. The CM pulled called over to transportation and then opened a magic box with trinkets which she offered my daughters to keep them happy.

Christmas night we were going from POFQ to CS for dinner. We were taking the bus to AK then transfer to CS. The AK bus pulled up and we were the only people. We mentioned where we were going and the bus driver brought us straight to CS.

I think I have hundreds more!

Weather_Lady

I've told this story on a different thread, but to make a long story short:

My husband and me, my sister and her husband, and my parents took a trip together to WDW in 2005. We booked a week-long package, staying at Coronado Springs, with a well-reputed local travel agent. We made our reservations nearly a year in advance and paid in full well before the due date. Unfortunately, the agent had no idea what she was doing. She never forwarded us any Mickey Mail (nor did we know to ask for it): just a booklet of coupon-type things she had printed at the office that listed the details of our reservation, which she told us were all we would need. Our travel went smoothly but when we got to Coronado Springs to check in, the CM at the desk said she'd never seen anything like the "coupons" we had, and didn't know what to make of them. She couldn't find our reservation in the system, either. After trying for what seemed like hours (but was probably 15 minutes), she called a manager over, who tried to reach our travel agent by phone (but couldn't, as it was a Saturday and the travel office was closed.) The six of us were standing there in tears surrounded by our luggage, thinking that the vacation we'd scrimped and saved for was evaporating in front of our eyes.

That was when the manager saved the day. She looked over the printed items from our travel agent, entered the information into the computer as a new reservation, gave us our key cards with tickets loaded and told us to go unpack in our rooms and head off to enjoy the parks, that she would take care of everything with our travel agent herself, and would contact us if there were any problems. As far as I could tell, she was literally taking the word of six exhausted people with some meaningless print-outs from a travel agency that we'd actually booked and paid for our vacation!

The manager was true to her word. She called us on Monday to say she'd finally gotten in touch with our agent and gotten the confirmation numbers that were necessary to confirm the booking. (I think the agent had spelled my Dad's last name incorrectly or something, which had made the reservation impossible for the check-in CM to find.) All I know is that this manager turned a vacation nightmare into a total non-issue with a sweep of her hand (which was, perhaps, full of pixie dust). I will be forever grateful to her, and to Disney in general, for her graciousness.

KDiS88

This year we were upgraded to a club level room at the contemporary & we had no idea until they told us we were staying on the 14th floor when we checked in, because it was my parents 35th anniversary they wanted to do something special for us! It made the trip that much better. They definitely know how to make your trip magical!

pixiesteno

DH and I went to WDW in Jan of 2010 and we spend the night before check-in at our DS's apartment in Winter Park (he was going to Full Sail University at the time). We had just finished dinner and were settling in to watch an animated Disney movie to put us in the spirit when DH bit down on the Skittle in his mouth and broke one of his molars apart. I have never seen him turn so pale so fast, I knew it was bad. So here we are on a Saturday night in Florida needing emergency dental care! Not knowing what to do I called All Star Music resort and explained our deliema. Well, let me tell you the CM that I spoke with got me right over the the emergency medical connection who in turn got us set up with an dentist and we were to meet him in 30 minutes. The CM was still somehow connected through all of that and made sure we were all set before hanging up. I don't know what we would have done without that assistance.
Later that trip on our anniversary we were dining at The Garden Grill wearing our anniversary buttons when Mickey arrived he made us get up and he performed a vow renewal right there in the restaurant. How many people can say that Mickey himself renewed their vows!

Oddysey

This is not a story about my experience, but a friends experience instead.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with a brain tumor in November of 2008. She survived multiple surgeries, but the tumor continued to grow back. As a result, she was not in the best of shape at the time and among many other problems was unable to walk.

Her husband took her to Epcot in the spring of 2010 because she loves Epcot. He made a phone call to Le Chefs De France because that is her favorite resturant. The cast at Epcot and Le Chefs De France went above and beyond to make them welcome. They made sure to provide seating that provided adequate space for the handicapped, made sure to give them the time slot they desired, and even gave them a free meal! Disney and their staff did not have to do any of this, but they did, and it made my friends last night at Disney a heart warming one.

plaz10

On our May 2011 trip - we ate at Sanaa for the first time. And I was super nervous about trying a restaurant with a menu a bit "out there" for my taste. I'm a super picky eater but this was one of my fiance's ADR picks and as I only allow him 2 per trip ( :rolleyes: )...I couldn't fight him (Hahaha!)

I had looked over the menu numerous times pre trip but was still unsure of what I'd order...

Our waitress Kim was more than accommodating. She went through each menu item with us - explaining what it was and how spicy it was or what was popular and not popular. We had settled on bread service to try some things and got a double order since there were 4 of us and she brought out all the different dips for us to try - not just 3 per order. And when we told her which were our favorites - and she brought out the recipes for each one on cute AKL paper. It was awesome. She told us stories about the restaurant and the staff trying every thing on the menu (including wines) in order to make reviews on the food.

It was just an awesome experience and we really enjoyed ourselves. She went above and beyond the normal wait staff and made our meal an excellent experience all around. We wrote to Disney to tell them how fantastic she was and how she made the whole meal very memorable. We are booked to eat there again in just over 15 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom