best clothes for rain...

PrincessMia

We were there several years ago with a lot of rain. I preferred the more heavy duty ponchos to the super cheap ones. That said, I guess I could have bought several and not used them more than a couple of days each. A huge life saver for us was bringing an extra pair of shoes. The wet shoes were usually not dry by the following morning, so this gave them a day to dry out completely. It was a very wet, chilly vacation.

Susan Savia

I bring my 6" mini umbrella. Fits in my bag easily. Ponchos are hot and sweaty once your inside waiting in a long que or at an indoor attraction. So many times we've come out of a show or ride and find its pouring rain and there's bunches of folks standing around not wanting to move or they'll get wet. I just pop up my mini umbrella and go.

rt06

If Im packing for possible showers should I pack a poncho or raincoat? is that all I'll need? Are there cheap ones there or would I be best buying before I go?

I mock Mother Nature with Columbias, synthetic fibers, and my trusty rain jacket. Denim is just another word for chafing, which apparently doesn't translate in Portuguese. I was the inspiration for Ryan Gosling when he laughed during the rain scene in "The Notebook." I wade through Disney's drainage issues while guests seek the path of least resistance, thus avoiding the Beijing traffic jam. The worst thing than carrying an umbrella during a light drizzle is carrying an umbrella AND huddling by the fastpass kiosks while holding it as a shield from a horizontal downpour and impeding my path to a 3PM expeditious Expedition Everest experience.

Britt

quick drying clothing is key...Ive done pochos before..always buy them there.I usually keepa spare change of clothes for the 4 of us in a back pack we keep in the locker..just a pair of shorts /t shirts in case we get drenched..
That is a super smart idea! Nothing like getting poured on as you get off the ferry to MK, and then being forced to walk around in soaking wet jeans until you dry off. LOOOOL Luckily we had breakfast at the Crystal Palace first so we were able to mostly dry off, except my poor hair that never recovered.

The best thing to do is to just spend the cash on a light weight rainproof jacket from the wonderful Helly Hansen store in Norway

Last edited:

zurgandfriend

Every time it rains in Disney and I have to put on a poncho I say "Hey the heat, the rain and the poncho reminds me of Vietnam." For some strange reason my DW usually suggests getting out of the rain and getting a drink after I say that.

The Empress Lilly

Raincoats? In Florida? Too hot too hot too hot! :eek:

We don't even use ponchos. They feel yuckie and sweaty in the Fla heat and humidity. We simply shelter during the heavy downpour, and enjoy the wee drizzle afterwards. It's just a few hot drops, yummie! :happy:

I don't care - I love it!

rain-happy-couple.jpg

sgtmgd

That is a super smart idea! Nothing like getting poured on as you get off the ferry to MK, and then being forced to walk around in soaking wet jeans until you dry off. LOOOOL Luckily we had breakfast at the Crystal Palace first so we were able to mostly dry off, except my poor hair that never recovered.
I dont mind getting wet...provided it's not cold and yes folks it gets cold at Disney..lol BUT I dont want to be drenched all day..so I keep a go to pair of shorts/t-shirt that stays in my backpack..always there if I need it!

NeedMoreMickey

Don't like using an umbrella, too easy to leave some place if it stops raining and with me they are pretty useless if it is windy. Depending on time of year usually a very light rain jacket or poncho and extra shoes for later that day or the next day. If you take the insert out of your shoes and they will dry out faster.

StarWarsGirl

Umbrellas. IMO ponchos get hot very quickly and are hard to get on and off. Big, golf-sized umbrellas that pop open automatically are how we like to go

Sandals that can handle water and are attached to your feet are also really good.

WDWVolFan

If Im packing for possible showers should I pack a poncho or raincoat? is that all I'll need? Are there cheap ones there or would I be best buying before I go?
Buy the Ponchos far far far away from WDW...they are expensive in there.
Get ponchos and wear flip flops and you're good.

Magenta Panther

I'll say it again...unless you want to have to wear or carry a drippy poncho all over WDW, don't get one. Get a small collapsible umbrella that you can stow away in a bag or purse or backpack or hang from your belt. An umbrella is a lot easier to deal with than any raincoat. Trust me on this. (channeling The Tramp): "The voice of experience, buster." ;)

Minthorne

Perfect Disney Rain Plan

Find the closest bar. Drink while it rains. If still raining when finished drinking get the tiny umbrella from the Lapu lapu out and run between the raindrops!

Darling, it's better down where it's wetter; take it from me.

bebert

I experienced the tropical storm while we were there in June. Poncho a must, for men weat board shorts (they dry faster). Sandals if possible, if not bring extra shoes. Try to watch the weather at park closing, getting out can be a nightmare in the crowds. I could go on forever about the rude behavior I experienced this year. Oh, and I agree with Minthorne, drinks!

dreamfinder

Rain jacket, or high quality poncho. I have a good rain jacket that I only need to replace every 3-4 years of being worn about 100-150 days of the year (serves as a waterproof shell for layering when its winter). Wear for 5-10 minutes after the rain has stopped, and by the time you start to get warm, the rain jacket is dry, and back it goes in the bottom of the bag. Yes, it costs a little more up front, but I get much much more use out of it.

If you do decide to go poncho, I'm going to buck the trend and say go Disney poncho. Sure, the others only cost a buck, but if you go during rainy season and you need one a day, after 5-6 days you have pretty much paid for the WDW poncho. Significantly better for the earth, and WDW will usually replace them for free if they tear.

SAV

Birthday Suit of course!!

We always bring along some of the cheap Wal-mart poncho's in case we need them. I usually bring 8 with so we each have 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom