best clothes for rain...

Caromac

Original Poster
If Im packing for possible showers should I pack a poncho or raincoat? is that all I'll need? Are there cheap ones there or would I be best buying before I go?

Mainahman

We packed Ponchos last august when we were there, and we needed them on several occasions. Get them outside the world and save some money! We got ours at the local dollar store. Didn't have mickey on them, but didn't cost an arm and a leg either. i found that easier to deal with, and kept a big gallon size sandwich bag in our backpack to keep the wet ones in until we got back to the resort. That way nothing else got wet.

docdebbi

we always carry the cheap disposable ones. they used to be easy to find everywhere, but now are harder. often walmart has them.
they are the ones that folded are only about 1/4 inch thick- maybe 4 x 3 inch packet.
they are not bulky to carry, fit in everyone's pocket so no one has to carry them all, and no worries with drying them out for re-use. yes, they are cheap and thin, but so much easier. and clear, so you can see who is really your family member, not one of the 50 people near you who all are wearing a yellow poncho.
we bring enough for one a day for everyone.
also, remember a ziploc bag for electronics.

Weather_Lady

You can get 2-packs of disposable plastic ponchos at the Dollar Store (Dollar Tree, etc.).

As the previous poster suggested, we also keep a sandwich bag in each purse/park bag for electronics. If it's going to rain, we wear our Tevas (or Keens, etc.) so we can walk comfortably and sure-footedly. (Flip-flops become slippery deathtraps when it's raining.)

If you have a mini-umbrella, you may want to consider bringing that, too. It's a nice added layer of protection for your face, and you won't be driven mad by the constant pitter-patter of rain on the plastic hood of your poncho.

MOXOMUMD

Save yourself some money and DO NOT wait to buy them at a park! You'll be paying almost $10 for ONE poncho at WDW. We bought cheap dollar store ones if we needed them while in the park and if we were visiting DTD or just going between resorts for dinner we packed a small collapsable umbrella, also bought at the dollar store.

2 raincoats + 1 umbrella=$3+tax dollar store
2 raincoats +1 umbrella=$30+tax WDW

PUSH

If it were me, I'd get cheap ones at the Dollar Store, or even Walmart, instead of at Disney. Disney's ponchos are very expensive, and all you get is Mickey on them. Plus, with the cheap prices you can afford to buy several and throw them away when you're done with them. This saves the hassle of lugging wet ponchos around the rest of the day.

ddrongowski

I have done poncho's in the past. The only problem is they do not stop the socks and shoes from getting soaked. So now we just let it rain on us as shirts and shorts seem to dry out without issue. But those socks and shoes... prune feet for months.:coldfeet:

Soarin' Over Pgh

I made sure to pack ponchos for our trip and ended up giving them to someone just arriving as we were leaving- still in their packages. I decided I'd rather be slightly damp then sweat like a pig under a plastic sheet.

My shoes getting wet were the only part that I didn't care much for. :)

Britt

NOT jeans. HAHA I hate that my jeans get SOAKED and then Im forced to walk around like that. Wear shorts or material that is able to dry quickly.

Just cheap ponchos from the $$ store or even Walmart are great : ) We've had our same ones for the past 2 trips and bring them camping with us.

sgtmgd

NOT jeans. HAHA I hate that my jeans get SOAKED and then Im forced to walk around like that. Wear shorts or material that is able to dry quickly.

Just cheap ponchos from the $$ store or even Walmart are great : ) We've had our same ones for the past 2 trips and bring them camping with us.

quick drying clothing is key...Ive done pochos before..always buy them there.I usually keepa spare change of clothes for the 4 of us in a back pack we keep in the locker..just a pair of shorts /t shirts in case we get drenched..

Britt

Poncho's :depressed: they make you all sweaty and horrible.Prefer to motor through and dry off later.After all it's just Liquid sunshine.Not the freezing sleeting suicidal rain we have here.
OMG hahahaha "freezing sleeting suicidal rain" haha

luv

If you wear a poncho for long enough, you will begin to sweat under it. Mplastic clothing in the hot and humid Florida weather...you're going to get wet under it! Umbrellas are bulkier and heavier, but worth a thought.

Once upon a time, Disney ponchos were yellow. Ten or fifteen years ago, they switched to thick, clear ponchos with a big Mickey on the back. Better! A few years ago, they switched to cheap, thin material (and even more transparent) and say "Disney Parks" on the back. Much worse.

You'll do just as well with a Wal-Mart poncho and you'll pay a lot less.

Shoes! The water can run deep in the parks when it rains, completely covering your feet. Bring an extra pair of shoes, in case yours get soaked...it can take 24 hours to dry them out. :)

whitethunder

We get those cheap 1.50 ponchos in the camping section at walmart. Shove 3 or 4 in my camera bag and All is great. Even covers our stroller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom