Best car service from MCO to Disney World?

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Does anyone have any reviews about the car and shuttle services (not Uber/Lyft) currently offered between Orlando Airport and Walt Disney World? We've used Magical Express exclusively in the past, but we're exploring options with that being phased out and Mears Connect lacking any details at this time.

DISR

Always been really pleased with Happy Limo. I usually have them do a quick Publix stop on the way. You only get 10-15 minutes, so it has to be a very quick in and out, but it is great to grab a 12 pack of beer for the room or a couple of other small items you cannot pack in a suitcase. They have always met me at baggage claim and assisted with my luggage and are in the limo area right behind baggage claim. All in all, it feels like a very luxurious splurge. It is probably pretty close in cost when you factor rental car and the added parking fees Disney now charges. Mostly it depends on how much you really want/need your own wheels.

Weather_Lady

We've done towncar transportation in the past with Orlando Airport Towncar Service, and Orlando Luxury Transportation. Both went smoothly. We had also booked Happy Limo for an upcoming trip, but had to cancel when the plans changed, and although I can't review their transportation, I can say I was favorably impressed by their customer service and communication.

There are tons of similar services out there with fairly similar price points to one another. I typically check recent Yelp, Google and Tripadvisor reviews, and go with whichever of the best-rated and longest-running services (not a fly-by-night!) is most reasonably priced for my dates and vehicle.

Do make sure you read the fine print, though! Some companies include the driver's gratuity in the price, and some don't. Some will add a "service charge" or fees for late/early pickups, and some don't. Some include taxes in the price they quote you, and others add it later. Almost all will include a free grocery stop, but make sure you know how, and how early, to make that request. Also, some companies will charge a cancellation fee if you have to cancel your trip (changes are free, and of course they'll try to accommodate you if your flight gets delayed, etc.), while others offer free cancellation, so you'll want to take note of that, too.

Last edited:

Gonzo1

Any information related to cost from MCO to WDW, no matter the resort, just a round about figure, family of 4, typically a bag or two at the most? Any helpful numbers would be greatly appreciated, Have a Magical Day!

Weather_Lady

Any information related to cost from MCO to WDW, no matter the resort, just a round about figure, family of 4, typically a bag or two at the most? Any helpful numbers would be greatly appreciated, Have a Magical Day!
Here are our ballpark costs in the last few years as we've tried different options for our family of 4. (These are before gratuity, but after taxes and fees, for a one-way transfer from the airport to Universal hotels or to Disney hotels during non-holiday travel times):

Larger-Vehicle Rideshare (Uber XL or Lyft XL): $50
Town Car: $85-$100
SUV: $110-$125
Limo (one-time splurge): $185

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom