Best Breakfast?

Pluto Parking

Original Poster
Can anyone give a recommendation for a good character breakfast? We've been to the Beach Club and it was awful. Do they all have the same food?

Lauriebar

O'Hana is also our favorite because it is not a buffet. The meal is served "family style" so we don't have to continually get up and stand in line.

col

after reading everyones input on the best breakfasts i am thinking of going to donald's breakfastosaurus -it has food that i would eat (im a fussy eater) and a good selection of food.
im going to cinderellas breakfast on christmas day (yes im still smiling) and would like to go to another character breakfast. i had a look at chef mickeys menu and it doesnt appeal to me.

tigsmom

col said:
after reading everyones input on the best breakfasts i am thinking of going to donald's breakfastosaurus -it has food that i would eat (im a fussy eater) and a good selection of food.
im going to cinderellas breakfast on christmas day (yes im still smiling) and would like to go to another character breakfast. i had a look at chef mickeys menu and it doesnt appeal to me.

The key is to go to the one that will give you the most for your money. No use going to see characters (that you can meet in the parks) if you don't care for the food. If the breakfast don't work, then try for lunch or even dinner.

We really enjoyed The Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, but weren't too happy with the Princess Dinner in Norway (spur of the moment for us). It was nice to see the Princesses one on one, but most of my family did not enjoy the food. *shrugs* :wave:

col

no i didnt mean that i would go to donalds breakfastosaurus for the characters what i meant was it had a good variety of food on the menu which i would eat and at a good price, plus the characters would be an added bonus to see but i can see them around the parks.
the animal kingdom is the first park i go to because its really peaceful and after all the hype of the plane ride and going through the airport i just want to relax and plus if i got a reservation for the breakfast i could go on the safaris because ive read that the animals are mostly all out of a morning.

thanks for your input.

righttrack

Lauriebar said:
O'Hana is also our favorite because it is not a buffet. The meal is served "family style" so we don't have to continually get up and stand in line.

True. When you get up, unless you time it well, you risk missing the characters making rounds.

PixyDust

We prefer 1900 Park Fare. The strawberry soup is just excellent. They seem to have more "health conscious" foods on the buffet than other places. It also seems more civilized. Hubby likes the made-to-order omlettes. The kids like the hard-boiled eggs, fruit and kid's station.

We enjoy Chef Mickey's, but the food always seems to be a little cold, the biscuits a little hard. It also seems that its a little sloppier. Maybe because of the festive atmosphere, people aren't as neat at CM as they are with Mary Poppins watching over them at 1900. We do go here, but we know going in that the food quality isn't going to be as good as at 1900. (Totally our opinion, and I know others would think differently...)

We do like the breakfast at AK. We just have a hard time getting ourselves motivated in the morning to get there early though. My husband is a big meat eater, and the AK buffet seems to be the meatiest one to me.

We really don't like the table service breakfasts, though we do them from time to time anyway. I don't like those big sausages, and none of us like scrambled eggs. When we do a table service, its for one-on-one with the Princesses, not for the food.

Nemo14

Pluto Parking said:
Can anyone give a recommendation for a good character breakfast? We've been to the Beach Club and it was awful. Do they all have the same food?
just curious - what was wrong with the Beach Club?

Miss Bell

I think we've been to them all now, and are starting our second round. My favorite was Chef Mickey's, followed by Ohana. Chef Mickey's had the best character interaction.

If your biggest concern is the food (over characters)--we went to the Princess Breakfast in Norway this summer, and the food was to die for. I've never been so stuffed in my life. (I may have read somewhere that they are getting rid of that one, but I'm not sure.)

tigsmom

Miss Bell said:
I think we've been to them all now, and are starting our second round. My favorite was Chef Mickey's, followed by Ohana. Chef Mickey's had the best character interaction.

If your biggest concern is the food (over characters)--we went to the Princess Breakfast in Norway this summer, and the food was to die for. I've never been so stuffed in my life. (I may have read somewhere that they are getting rid of that one, but I'm not sure.)

Nope, all meals in Norway are now Princess meals. :wave:

Miss Bell

So it is the opposite of what I remember hearing--so much for my memory. At any rate, the food was good, at least as far as I remember.

BRER STITCH

I've found Chef Mickeys is the most fun for a character breakfast.

However, you have to admit, breakfast anywhere is pretty much the same...eggs, bread, and fruit. Just depends on how they mix 'em up and serve 'em! :lol:

Breakfast-o-saurus is about the worst, mainly due to poor crowd control and the placement of the buffet line in the main entry area. It's the only buffet in America that makes it near impossible to get seconds! I have to admit, though, that it's also the only way to get into the AK before it opens and get some great photos while soaking up the unique atmosphere the way it was intended.....quiet and crowd-free! :sohappy:

I've done all the breakfasts at least once, now, and still choose my giant chocolate covered rice krispy treat on Main Street over all of them!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

hcswingfield

Nemo14 said:
just curious - what was wrong with the Beach Club?

We usually love the buffet breakfast at the Yacht Club Galley, but were disappointed this time. There were fewer offerings, they no longer have the custom made omelettes, and the chafing dishes have been replaced with heated counters, which made the scrambled eggs become overdone. Spoodles near the Boardwalk has a great breakfast menu if you want a bigger breakfast.

Nemo14

hcswingfield said:
We usually love the buffet breakfast at the Yacht Club Galley, but were disappointed this time. There were fewer offerings, they no longer have the custom made omelettes, and the chafing dishes have been replaced with heated counters, which made the scrambled eggs become overdone. Spoodles near the Boardwalk has a great breakfast menu if you want a bigger breakfast.
Sorry to hear this - that used to be one of our favorite character breakfasts! Guess we'll stick to Boatwright's without characters!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom