Best Breakfast?

Mr.Nutz

We get a free character breakfast with our tickets this time, and we don't have a clue where the best place is to have it. I'm not that bothered about the characters (actually, I'd prefer it if they'd leave my toast alone). I don't know if it's best to have it in a park (I'm thinking the AK breakfast or Hollywood & Vine at MGM), or in a hotel. Maybe Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

What are your breakfast experiences, and what do you recommend? Where can the best food be found, and also the best overall 'experience'.

I was thinking it might be better to have it in a hotel, because going so early to a park would make the day even longer, and I don't fancy eating and then rushing off to throw it all up on TOT and RNR.

Dwarful

Well, we went in May/June. Depends on what you want and if you have kids in your group. For us we loved doing the early breakfast inside the theme parks...now they don't let you inside the parks until exact opening time..so if MK opens at 9am thats what time they start letting people inside the park. BUT if you have an early priority seating inside the park you get to go in for your meal. We had some breakfasts at 810am We got inside a bit before 8 am the park was empty...had lots of photo ops w/o a bunch of strangers rear ends in the photos. So that is the one plus side of the early breakfast inside the parks. Plus if you are done before 9am you can get to the section of the park you want to go to first (ie fantasyland, tomorrowland etc). The same thing is true at the other parks. Good luck and have fun!

Upvote 0

yensid354

Best Breakfast

the best character buffet on property is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

Widest selection of foods, best and most characters, but also the most 'challenging children'.

Crystal Palace is good, not as much choice as Chef Mickey's,

Also, the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club and 1900 Park Faire at The Grand Floridian have characters as well. Good food, not as hectic as CP or CM, equivalent food items.

As previously noted, it depends on where you are staying and what your plans for the day are!

Another option, without charaters, is the breakfast buffet at Boma, in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Great food, huge variety, but no characters!

Upvote 0

Worldphile

I second the Chef Mickey's recommendation. Good food, and when we went a couiple of years ago, they had Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Goofy.

Also, it is a good way to get your picture with Mickey, without having to brave Mickey's Toontown Fair.

Upvote 0

Terp02

Since I've only stayed at Moderate Resorts the past three trips, I've usually just grab a quick bite to each at the food court and then run to the theme parks. Last actual "sit-down" breakfast I had was back in 1992 at one of the places in the Polynesian. If I remember correctly all I had was a Mickey waffle, which I get at the food courts. Those are yummy everywhere:slurp: .

Upvote 0

2much2do

I was gonna say Chef Mickey's too, but I also think that getting into a park before everyone is great, so I'll recommend Hollywood and Vine as well.

I do want to say that you should avoid at all costs the Breakfastosaurus at AK. It is too loud, hectic, rushed, chaotic etc. Organization and customer service is NOT up to Disney's usual standards, and the characters fly by your table. Food is subpar. It was not always like this, but recently it has gone down. Skip it. You'll be sorry if you don't!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

yes when we went to AK we saw the mess of the breakfastsauraus and we cancelled out our reservations....but the girls loved the breakfast at Cinderella's Castle...very nice, very orderly, the girls loved the attention from the Princesses! Hollywood and Vine is a top choice for MGM!

Upvote 0

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, all your suggestions are great so far! I'm glad you warned me about the Breakfastosaurus - I was actually considering that one until now.

Don't know if this is helpful, but here's our ages:

Mum and Dad - 50s, Sister - 22, Me & Girlfriend - 18. Well, I'm 17...but almost 18. :lol: So no children there. I'm the youngest of the 5, but I'm not a big character fan. :animwink:

The AKL suggestion was an interesting one - I hadn't thought about that one. Is Chef Mickey's really crowded? I think that's my family's favourite at the moment. What does everyone think is the best time to have breakfast if we go to one of the hotels? I guess 8 is best if we have it in a park (MGM).

Upvote 0

yensid354

Time for breakfast

We do it a little different than most.

We are VC members and our home resort is OKW. We usually will have something light at 'home' (bagels, donuts, etc) and then go to a park, do the more crowded attractions, and then leave for breakfast around 9:30 -10:00. Most of the buffet locations serve until 11:00, so you can get to the restaurant, the big rush is over, and you can enjoy a big breakfast.

I forgot about Cinderella's breakfast. That one will give you the most one on one attention from characters, but the food is one choice.

Based on the age of the group, Boma is probably your very best choice. Only down side, no characters.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by 2much2do
I was gonna say Chef Mickey's too, but I also think that getting into a park before everyone is great, so I'll recommend Hollywood and Vine as well.

I do want to say that you should avoid at all costs the Breakfastosaurus at AK. It is too loud, hectic, rushed, chaotic etc. Organization and customer service is NOT up to Disney's usual standards, and the characters fly by your table. Food is subpar. It was not always like this, but recently it has gone down. Skip it. You'll be sorry if you don't!
Hmmmm, maybe we won't bother using our priority seating after all.

Is it really that bad?

Upvote 0

disneytati

Chef Mickey is the best one, in my opinion. Great food, wide chioce, interaction with characters... If you want to have breakfast inside a park, and take advantage of being inside when it opens, I would suggest Donald's breakfastossaurus at Animal Kingdom (Restaurantossaurus). Good food, too, and you get to see Donald Duck! (My favorite character...:) ) Book it early, so that youy can go straight to the attractions when they open.

Kisses from Brazil!:kiss:

Upvote 0

roysta123

I like the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Goofy, Minnie, and a few other characters are there. Its not far from EPCOT and MGM. Also, Chef Mickey's is very good. It is easy to get to by monorail and is close to MK and EPCOT.

Upvote 0
I'm going to go out on a limb here and disagree with nearly everyone. We hated Chef Mickey's. Out best character breakfasts have been at O'Hana in the Polynesian and Olivia's at Old Key West.

We have never tried a character breakfast in a park (mostly because I'm the only early riser of the bunch).

Upvote 0

dznynut

Disney Breakfast......

I've heard and done some research for breakfast at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They have a restaurant called BOMA which is supposed to be excellent. We have made Priority Seating arrangements for our trip in August.

If you want to check prices and such a good place to start would be http://www.wdwig.com

I've heard nothing except praise for this place. We are going only on that basis. Although there are no characters there, just good food.

:slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom