Best Breakfast Date Restaurant?

TomorrowlandKD

Original Poster
Hey

As some of you know, I'm proposing in December, and am doing well trying to put together all my ADR's. I have them all so far...

But it hit me earlier today that I could see more restaurants by making breakfast ADRs too!

Any tips on good date restaurants for breakfast? Something simple, and not food coma inducing breakfast.

CHEERS!!

PUSH

Crystal Palace is a nice place. Food was just okay last time I was there, but have been pleased the previous two times. It seems to get good reviews around here, too. Plus, Pooh and his gang are around!

StarWarsGirl

Kona Cafe is fantastic for breakfast. That's my #1 choice. Kouzzina's and the Wave are also quite good. You wouldn't need reservations if you decide to go 10 am or later, though they're sometimes good to have. Have fun!

zurgandfriend

While the Kona Cafe has great food abd Whispering Canyon would be crazy if you told your server what you were planning I have to agree with Grand Floridian Cafe is classy.

tink38

Yup - got two. I would consider Whispering Canyon at the WL, and the GF Café at the GF. But there is a caveat in all this...

With ANY of these... call WDW DINE, let them know what you are doing. Tell 'em to shut up, and give you a COZY breakfast :). They will do this.

...and I have to say - GREAT luck with that proposal :). I'm 61, and I STILL have minor nightmares about all this... Thank god Sandy said yes :).

Curious - Why would you advise a cast member to shut up? We can certainly offer a cozy dining experience without being told to do this. That's just rude.

zurgandfriend

Why would Whispering Canyon be crazy?

I informed our server that it was my DW's birthday at Whispering Canyon one morning. There was yelling to everyone in the restaurant that it was her birthday. Lots of questions like so how old are you today, and what did you you but your DW? With humorous comments on our responses. There was a cake and singing, then the servers ate the cake in front of my DW, and gave her another. They may be more calm with you but I'm not sure.

mcstensrud

We like The Captains Grille at the Yacht club for a Quiet cozy Buffet or a la cart Breakfast.
I also agree on the Grand Floridian Cafe YUMMY!

TomorrowlandKD

Original Poster
Yeah, no way we want a character meal! We're not into the character type of thing, just into the sights and the rides and the explorations...

I made a breakfast ADR for Kona! We're big coffee drinkers and I hear they have some great choices of coffee!

Sweet Melissa

Kouzzina and the Grand Floridian Café. Kouzzina does an outstanding breakfast, including some excellent adult beverages. It's got a celebratory atmosphere but isn't as packed as some of the other popular breakfast spots. The Grand Floridian Café also has a really solid breakfast menu, and it's a beautiful restaurant, especially in the morning sunlight.

I don't think I could recommend Kona if you're looking specifically for a date restaurant. I don't rate their breakfast as highly as others do, but the real bone of contention is the atmosphere. The tables are tightly packed, and the restaurant is open to the entire Grand Ceremonial House. It's like dining in a fishbowl. I've had meals in airport food courts that felt more private.

tink38

Tink, it's not rude... it's banter. Have you ever BEEN to Whispering Canyon? For gods sake, the staff laughs and tells ME to shut up :). This is totally appropriate... after 6 years, two trips per year, eight days per trip, and EVERY ONE of our breakfast's at WCC? I know the CMs FAR better than you do - most by the REAL first name, not their stage names.

I apologize. I thought you meant the DINE cast members, not the WCC staff! (And I am a CM, but for DINE, not in the parks.) Again, sorry for my reading error! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom