best books for disney trivia/about the parks

littlemsmowgli

Original Poster
i'm interested in reading a trivia/secrets/history of the parks (WDW) type book but the reviews for the ones i was looking at on b&n.com were about as helpful as an umbrella in a hurricane. any suggestions? thanks!

DisneyPrincess5

Right now I'm reading a book called Four Decades of Magic. It's a compilation of essays discussing the first forty years of WDW and how the Disney World of today kind of came to be. Great history and insider insight-I'm really enjoying it.

DizneyPryncess

I love both of the WDW Trivia books by Lou Mongello. Tons of trivia and cool facts about WDW.

For trivia, these are my favorites too. DH & I usually drive to WDW, and on the way we ask each other the questions. For secrets, ditto on the Hidden Magic book. That's probably my favorite Disney book.

UPbeekeeper

This is one of my favorites. It's an easy read and you don't need to read the book cover to cover. You can just pick it up, open to any chapter and just read bits and pieces for whatever park or attraction you have an interest in reading about at that given time. I keep it in my kitchen and page through it when I'm waiting for something to cook on the stove or waiting for a load of laundry to get done.

You can actually get it a few dollars cheaper on Walmart.com, and also get free shipping with delivery to your local Walmart.

littlemsmowgli

Original Poster
thank you thank you thank you all! just finished "the hidden magic of walt disney world"- great stuff! i appreciate the suggestions. :)

The Duck

I'm a big fan of the "Mousejunkies" books by Bill Burke. http://www.amazon.com/Mousejunkies-...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333951184&sr=1-2 They're not your typical travel guides since most of the info are anecdotal stories from the author and his friends on their many trips to WDW over the years. The first edition is a fun read that had me laughing from start to finish. IMHO, get the first edition for the best scoop. The second edition is good as well but a huge chunk of it is info on Disney Dining while the first is all around info.

What happened to Four Decades of Magic essay collection? I noticed it is no longer available for hard copy purchase or for Kindle purchase. This was part of the Kindle lending library, so I never purchased a copy.

luv

There are so many! The Disney Imagineering Guides are a good place to start.

There is an entire book (Disney's) devoted to backstory on the Haunted Mansion. Wish they'd do more of those...like for IASW, for instance. :)

Zman-ks

I really enjoyed this one. Had a hard time putting it down while reading about the MK!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Magic-...0631/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333538126&sr=8-3
75.gif

Enjoy!!!

Thats a good one! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom