Best beach to visit in mid to late September

Lilofan

Depends what you are looking for. We have seen sea turtles laying eggs on the beach, swam with a manatee in a nearby lagoon, that wasn't boring to us. Are there clubs, mini putt and go kart places all over? Nope.
Met a manager that transferred from WDW to VeroBeach. Said it was culture shock and lack of nightlife for sure living near Vero Beach.

The Mom

Premium Member
Vero Beach is downright boring. Friends stayed at Disney resort at Vero , quiet, relaxing but very boring.
OP is looking for a day trip, so is not concerned about other activities - just wants a nice beach for swimming and sitting while looking at the ocean.

Others have mentioned other beaches, but they are longer drives than he wants.

Most public beaches in FL are strictly bring your own chairs & umbrellas. Some do have rental stands or trucks on the beach.

Forgot to add - check the beach reports because even when we do not get the rain and wind from hurricanes, we can still get riptides as one is passing. A young man just got swept out to sea and drowned due to this as Lee passed our area several hundreds miles out to sea..

Last edited:

JoeCamel

OP is looking for a day trip, so is not concerned about other activities - just wants a nice beach for swimming and sitting while looking at the ocean.

Others have mentioned other beaches, but they are longer drives than he wants.

Most public beaches in FL are strictly bring your own chairs & umbrellas. Some do have rental stands or trucks on the beach.

Forgot to add - check the beach reports because even when we do not get the rain and wind, we can still get riptides as one is passing. A young man just got swept out to sea and drowned due to this as Lee passed our area several hundreds miles out to sea..
Even clear weather with a stiff breeze makes the beach a no go for me, I like calm and sunny. Blowing sand is no fun

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even clear weather with a stiff breeze makes the beach a no go for me, I like calm and sunny. Blowing sand is no fun
1694987101762.jpeg

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I think we just brought towels to sit on, but if you can bring chairs easily I would do that. Some of the chairs might only be at resorts for guests to rent.

Do you figure the water is sort of lukewarm and bath-like this time of year at Cocoa? I am just comparing things to the Caribbean. Might be different though.

JoeCamel

Do you figure the water is sort of lukewarm and bath-like this time of year at Cocoa? I am just comparing things to the Caribbean. Might be different though.
Depends on what you consider warm but yeah

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom