best and worst?

jenjen chester

Original Poster
:sohappy: what is the best thing to ever happen to you at any disney park?

:cry: what is the worst thing to ever happen to you at a disney park ?

kirst_al UK

Best thing - getting engaged on the the beach of the poly whilst watching wishes :sohappy:

Worst thing - having to leave at the end of the day :cry::cry::cry: !!

chels26

best thing to ever happen in wdw... hmmm... get picked for the hoop dee doo revue.
worst thing that ever happened in disney was drinkng the water or fountain soda and the reprocussions in the following days.

WDWJenn

Best - The perfect proposal.

Worst - The ultimate anit-souvenier... a crack in my windshield... that runs the entire LENGTH of the glass.

Disneyfanman

Best: The incredible attention from Cast Members. Too many stories to pick one.

Worst: Very understaffed MGM studios on the 4th of July a few years ago. A cast member was sleeping in one of the trams. Almost a dangerously understaffed park with the guests packed in like tuna.

dznygrl

Best: Dining at Jiko one night in 2005, we chatted with a nice gentleman sitting with us at the cooking table. By the end of dinner, we discovered that we were dining with one of the head Imagineers, the chief architect building Expedition Everest at the time. He told us about their trek to Tibet and Nepal to study the architecture and history so they could properly reproduce it for the ride. He could not have been nicer, and we were just thrilled.

Worst: Riding EE in 2006, a lady was in line near us with her 6-7 y.o. daughter, who was dressed as Snow White. Just before boarding, the little girl got scared and said she didn't want to go. She started to cry. Mom started yelling at her "I'm getting on this ride and I don't care what you do!" She took her now terrified kid over to one of the CM's and asked that she watch the child while she rode. The CM (correctly) said that they could not be responsible for unattended children. The mom dragged her child by the arm over to the exit, left her there alone and crying, and came back and got on the ride by herself. Last we saw, one of the CM's was trying to comfort the girl, who by then was screaming in fear. We have seen an escalation of bad parenting at WDW over the years, but this took the cake. I will never forget it.

KingStefan

Worst: then DD11 started feeling sick when we were at GF waiting for the EWP. She said she would hang in there, so we waited, then discovered that we were waiting in the wrong place (told to wait there by a misinformed CM) and we missed it. No big. Left for our resort (CSR) and DD made it all the way up to a few feet in front of our room and hurled big time. The good part was that she was OK after that, so it was probably just something she ate at the kids club at GF (we were at V&A - yum). Also it took mousekeeping less than an hour to get someone up and clean it and she really did a good job (I gave her a small tip). Also it was fun listening to the comments of the people walking by from inside the room, especially the drunk ones. (whoa! - look out - EEEEEWWWW!, etc. and from the drunk ones - "Oh, s__t, I didn't see that!" followed by laughs from her friends)

Best: Viewing the premier of Tapestry of Nations in October 1999. Words cannot describe. Disney filmed me and then DD5 (same one as above) playing with the tall stick people. We were told it was for TV ads. We spent the next idk how long watching the special millenium TV ads, but never saw ourselves. Guess we didn't make the final cut!

Runner-up for both worst and best: worst part: Arrived at CSR fairly early in the day, looking forward to the parks. Picked up my AP and checked in. Asked them to check for tickets (for the family) on the KTTWs. They checked MY KTTW and said they "no tickets here!". TMLSS, I didn't realize what had happened until I had been back to Guest Services, who directed me to "any park", then to the TTC, who directed me to the MK. Now most of the day is shot. I felt so stupid that I didn't make sure that the folks at the front desk checked my family's KTTW instead of mine (although they should have known this, because I just showed my AP to get the discounted rate).

best part: The CM at the MK saw I was so upset (mind you, I was not directing any anger in her direction - I knew it wasn't her fault - she just saw I was upset) and so by way of recovery (I didn't ask for a thing) she gave me a voucher to go four times later that week to guest services in any park and get skip-the-line passes for my whole family for a single attraction. This was so Disneyesque that I beamed and thanked her profusely. By how she reacted back, I think the episode made her whole day. We both had big grins when I left to go fetch the family and start the week out at DS including EMH. Very cool.

WDW-LUVR

Best - Got pregnant "2001"(tried for 10yrs), my sister got pregnant there 2005, must be someting in the water. LOL

Worst - Well I'm not sure I have one

Eyorefan

Worst: Riding EE in 2006, a lady was in line near us with her 6-7 y.o. daughter, who was dressed as Snow White. Just before boarding, the little girl got scared and said she didn't want to go. She started to cry. Mom started yelling at her "I'm getting on this ride and I don't care what you do!" She took her now terrified kid over to one of the CM's and asked that she watch the child while she rode. The CM (correctly) said that they could not be responsible for unattended children. The mom dragged her child by the arm over to the exit, left her there alone and crying, and came back and got on the ride by herself. Last we saw, one of the CM's was trying to comfort the girl, who by then was screaming in fear. We have seen an escalation of bad parenting at WDW over the years, but this took the cake. I will never forget it.

:eek: I can't believe someone would do something like that to their child! :mad:

I can understand that the women was frustrated. I have had to skip out on rides that I really wanted to go on, but my DD was too scard to. That's no reason to yell and probably tromotise her for life!

My Best: after years of not even wanting to go near Space Mountian, my DD rode it 2 times in a row this trip at the MNSSHP. Just seeing the look on her face and how much she loved the ride, and how proud she was for being so brave was priceless.

The worst: We checked into our hotel (GF) and then headed to the parks while we waited for our room. We got to MGM only to be told at the gate that there were no tickets on our passes. We went to Guest Relations and got a one day pass. After a half a day in the park and walking through post-Fantasmic crowds, we arrived at the hotel and got our new room keys/tickets. We made our way to the building and our Key to our room didn't work! I tried all four of them... none of them worked. My DD, her friend and my mom stayed by the room while I went back to the front desk and got, our third set of cards. By the time I got back to the room, someone in MouseKeeping had come by and let everyone in the room. I tried the keys, just to make sure they worked, and they didn't. So when I called for our luggage, I told them the situation and asked that they bring new keys with them. FINALLY.... the FOURTH set of cards worked! Not a magical end to a long day.

mary219

Best:watching my very jaded nyc kids become children!made my heart smile

worst:pop Century housekeeping taking my daughters bunny out with the linen and recieving a post card last week that after an "extensive search"they were unable to find it.some search that must have been-small white bunny with pink pjs with white hearts all over it,homemade stitching on the left foot where a hole formed when she was 3-She still is asking me for it every day since we got back 1 month ago and i keep telling her they are looking for it.Mind you,she is 9,but she has had and slept with it since she was newborn and is truly heartbroken she cant get it back.She took this bunny to school with her in her backpack until 1st grade!:cry:

phenom1307

Best: The incredible attention from Cast Members. Too many stories to pick one.

Worst: Very understaffed MGM studios on the 4th of July a few years ago. A cast member was sleeping in one of the trams. Almost a dangerously understaffed park with the guests packed in like tuna.

shoot i've slept in the trams before when we have nothing going on and i mean absolutlely nothing :lookaroun:lol:

GenerationX

Best: Getting into the Hot Seat on Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It!

Worst: Taking my wife to the 24 hour dentist for an emergency root canal (obviously, this is her worst, too)

Alice_Lost

Worst: Our flight comes in at 10 pm. We stand there until 12:30 looking for our luggage until they tell us they lost it. Go to bed at 1:30 am.

The next day we go to MGM, in the same clothes. After watching Fantasmic we go to our bus stop (we were staying off Disney property).

45 minutes later we figure maybe the last bus won't show up. Then it starts raining HARD. We are all alone in a dark parking lot (very secluded from the park) and it's pretty creepy. :lookaroun

We walk all the way back to the park and find a lone window at the service desk. We ask the lady to call a taxi for us. 20 minutes later we have to walk back to ask her for directions to the Taxi Area.

We finally find the taxi area and wait for 30 minutes. No taxis.

We walk back. Call again. Wait again. No taxis.

By this time we are soaked and it's so late that the service desk is closed. We find a pay phone and call a taxi ourselves. Finally one comes. I nearly cried when I sat down. It was 12:30.

When we get back to the hotel our room cards don't work.

But thank God we got our luggag back that night at about 1 am.

Best: Riding Space Mountain 5 times in a row, with no wait.

ThinkTink721

Best thing - we met Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Aurora, Alice & The Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger, Piglet & Eeyore all in one day! :king: Also, dining at CRT, 'Ohana's Best Friends breakfast & Chef Mickey's :slurp:
Worst thing - we had to listen to my mother-in-law complain about just about everything :eek: :hammer:

CThaddeus

Best - A tie between my first visit to Epcot in 1996 and getting to go on Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, the American Adventure, and the rest. Until that point, I had never realized a theme park could be fun AND educational. I wish I could be as blown away now as I was then. That's tied with the Keys to the Kingdom Tour I took last week. Wow. I spent the rest of the day smiling and thinking it just couldn't get any better than that. Great guide, great tour, and lots of little extras I just wasn't expecting. It's a must for any trip to Disney World from now on.
Worst - The one-two punch of Lights, Motors, Action! and the Journey Into Narnia exhibit. There's 90 minutes of my life I'll never see again. At least Narnia, for all its lameness, had air-conditioning. The dumbing down of Epcot ranks pretty high, too. It's gone from #1 theme park to #3 in my mind. Sigh. I hope recent developments are a good sign of things to come.

DisneyGigi

Best- Our Anniversary trip and winning Dream Fastpasses most recently, but also my first visit (also my DS's first visit) and taking DD 2 years later for her visit.

Worst- Getting the flu about the 6th day of our 10 day vacation in February and having to leave a day early we were so sick!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom