Best All Around Attraction At WDW

FigmentPigments

I think the Tower of Terror might be one of the best attractions ever built.

Just looking at it is amazing. The detail in the queue alone is incredible. The dry fountains, the gardens, the way the queue meanders around the premises, the pre show, the boiler room, etc.

After the queue, you have a truly unique ride system, producing a thrilling and variable journey through the Twighlight Zone.

The way the story is told from the pre-show through the elevator drop is phenomenally executed and a true Disney E-Ticket.

The only shame is we haven't gotten another ride like that in 20 years.
My thoughts exactly. Although my favorite ride is Haunted Mansion, I just don't think it can compete with the likes of TOT. The moment I enter the queue line, I feel like I've stepped onto hotel property; I can't see another section of the park, and the attention to detail, like the music in the gardens, is spot on. The level of details goes beyond anything else I've seen outside of Africa and Asia at Animal Kingdom. Even if I did not know a thing about the Twilight Zone TV show, I would still be amazed. One time, I just went around through the gift shop and back to where the ride photos are just taking pictures. A cast member saw me and showed me all of the details. The books behind the cash registers are real books from that time period, not glued down props, and the perfume bottles on the shelves are real perfume bottles from that era. My favorite thing was in the ride photo area. There's a desk in the back with a basket full of papers. The CM took the papers (real papers, again not props) and right on top was a news paper from 1939 declaring that Hitler had invaded Poland! :eek: Now these papers are completely unreachable by guests and no one from the other side of the desk would be able to read these papers, yet Disney had period newspapers and other articles in a tray that no one besides a cast member would be able to see. That level of detail is why I think TOT is the best all around attraction.

IowaHawks7

But on a more serious note my favorite attraction is Kilamanjaro Safaris. You never have the same ride twice and some of the drivers I've had are hilarious. There was one that when we got on said "Kwaherini and in Swahili that means Val Kilmer was the best Batman." The ways the animals can interrupt the ride is just amazing. Cannot wait for the night safari.

Matt and Kelly

Very tempted to vote Splash as it is my all-time favourite, but like others have mentioned, ToT is almost as perfect as it gets from an overall standpoint. Great queue, great ride, great experience in general.

Princess_AmyK

I agree with ToT. Every single aspect of the ride is perfect. The decoration, the story line behind it, Its exciting, unique, and immersive. It's all around just the perfect attraction. :]

Pacha

I could spend hours and hours and hours in The Living Seas/The Seas With Nemo and Friends, so I'll pick that as my fave.

Weather_Lady

For me (although HM and POTC are close seconds), it's got to be Splash Mountain. It's the perfect blend of storytelling, music, and action.

rob0519

Which attraction would you pick as the best all-around attraction at WDW? Mine would definitely be ToT, taking into account the immersive theming (queue and ride), thrill factor and the uniqueness of the attraction. Some attractions may get more points for theming or thrill factor, but ToT, IMO, combines all of these things better than any other on WDW property.

I have to go with Splash Mountain as the best all-around attraction. You are totally immersed in the story from start to finish. ToT gets my vote for second best, unfortunately, it loses out because it's more of a thrill ride than Splash and that keeps a lot of people from even trying it.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Going with the hive mind and saying Splash Mountain.

It's the perfect dark ride and the perfect log flume all combined into one Zip-a-dee-doo-dah ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom