best 3d show in disney?

domincfh

Account Suspended
Original Poster
my opinion would be muppets for a couple reasons. it is a classic.(seen it every time i go). everyone can relate to the muppets also. great theme (ms piggy fountain, ect....), funny jokes. however i have yet to see MP. I heard it excellent!!! how does MP stack up to the other 3d shows? Opinions?

ISTCrew20

Straight up...Philharmagic. Im not saying that because its the newest. Im saying that, cuz, (along with Wishes) it puts the true Disney magic back in the Magic Kingdom. It makes you love all the classic Disney movies again, more than you ever did. It makes people remember the actual Disney charaters, and there personalities...something that has been lost for quite some time until now.Not to mention, the in theater effects are seamless, and there is never a dry moment in the show. My second choice would be, Its Tough To Be A Bug, but to me, its lacking something, and is a tad short. I was never crazy about the Muppets, but the preshow is awesome. My last choice would be HISTA...Wow, now that we got Philharmagic, I dont care if I ever see HISTA again...its just so, boring

aim

I would have to say PhilharMagic! It is just SO Disney! It has to be the best 3D show ever at WDW.

wannabeBelle

Id have to say hands down, Philharmagic!!! That is one AWESOME show. I was never really into HISTA at all and Its Tough t be a bug....UGH Definitely not my thing at all as I Am not so good with the whole bug thing. Muppets was ok but how often can one see that? Philharmagic is just an absolute stunner of a show!! Belle

Abercrombie Kid

Mickey's Phillar is the number one 3-D attraction in the world. It is awesome, it brings back the magic and fantasy back to the Magic Kingdom. If you want to be in the middle of all of the magic and be amazed see Mickey's Phillar you will be blown away!

Kenan

Philharmagic, in my mind is clearly Number 1. I especially love the Lumiere and Ariel scenes. However, Muppets arent too far behind. (Especially the pre-show of the Muppets...gotta love Rizzo Rat's MM impression, and Gonzo's dance with the vase on his head.)

DisneyFan 2000

#1 - Philarmagic - It shows the best of Disney! (And Imagineering)

#2 - Muppet Vision 3D - Got to be the funniest theme park show ever!!!!!!! It's so cool!!! Close to being #1!

#3 - Bug Life

#4 - HISTA

mickeyfanatics

I agree with Philharmagic being #1 and Muppets being #2. I also think It's Tough to Be a Bug is at #4, but I pick an extinct 3-d show for #3.

Captain EO - still the best music video ever!

I have never really cared for HISTA because I hate that annoying Brittish dude. BRING BACK DREAMFINDER! They even called him Dean Finder in the new attraction.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
I agree with Philharmagic being #1 and Muppets being #2. I also think It's Tough to Be a Bug is at #4, but I pick an extinct 3-d show for #3.

Captain EO - still the best music video ever!

I have never really cared for HISTA because I hate that annoying Brittish dude. BRING BACK DREAMFINDER! They even called him Dean Finder in the new attraction.

Dean Finder is the name on the door but that is not "the annoying British dude." :lol: His name, in both attractions is Dr. Nigel Channing.

(Grizz also pointed out to me that you'll notice something familiar at the top of the sheet music in the final scene...look carefully :D )

Now...there is really no contest (in my eyes)

1. Mickey's Philharmagic - Unbelievable show, flawless transitions between different movies, visually stunning, very immersive, family friendly, great music!

2. MuppetVision 3D - Very funny, great theming throughout (much more to it than Philharmagic's), family friendly

3. It's Tough To Be A Bug - Great theming, unbelievable queue, funny, a ton of "in theater effects"... (Problem areas: Not enough characters from the actual movie, in-theater effects get old, no real storyline other than just setting up for the effects, NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY!)

4. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience - Very fun in-theater effects (moving floor, etc.), Keeps with the theming of the new Imagination Pavilion's "Imagination Institute" theme. Did the water get me wet when an animal sneezed....AGAIN? No real WANT to see this...it's just...hey, it's here...wanna go? Oh, and NOT family friendly again (snake, lion, mice, etc.)

General Grizz

I agree with Freaky's order:

1. Mickey's PhilharMagic blows me away (not to mention it's the most "family friendly")

2. MuppetVision 3D is ALWAYS fun

3. It's Tough To Be A Bug gets a little old, but it's educational.

4. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is always fun, but it's not bad at all. But yeah, I won't wanna see it for about a year.

They're all great. But I really think PhilharMagic "beats" them all.

ISTCrew20

Isnt it funny...there was all this talk on how Philharmagic was going to be really bad...And now, I'd see that over MS any day. The thing with the special effects is really true...If your sitting in the front row, look on the floor when Lumiere is moving his arm. Dont you think its weird though, that the Mickey Mouse in Muppets is on the screen longer than the one in MICKEY'S Philharmagic?

meeko_33785

I haven't seen Phimharmagic yet :( so I'm going to abstain from voting. My favorite I've seen thus far though is MuppetVision by far.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Did anyone really dig HISTA? I saw it once, but it definitely wasnt my cup of tea. Belle

I liked some of the effects in it, but in a whole, I wouldn't call it one of my favorites or a definate "must-see". I could wait probably a year or more before I see it again.

egionet

I have to say the Muppets (I haven't seen Philiharmagic yet). I have always loved the Muppets; it was definitely the cool thing the watch when I was a kid. I also love the pre-show. My favorite part is when Sam Eagle says "Not moving to the end of your row is very unpatriotic." :lol: :lol:

RnRCJohn

I can't STAND going into the muppets, I've seen it once. Never again unless i am forced to go because my family wants to. I'd rather ride dumbo for 20 minutes.

John

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom