Belle Costume

monorail_driver

Original Poster
A friend of mine wants to dress up as belle for a costume party; the size would need to be in adult. She is curious as to where to find the blue dress belle wears in beauty and the beast. (Blue dress shown at the beginning of the movie, if you need reference) Please let me know where I can tell her to get a similar blue dress. Thanks in advance for your responses!!

maelstrom

I think her best bet would be to look on eBay (people list homemade dresses on there) or find a similar pattern and sew it herself. I don't think there is any other way to get that dress.

If your friend doesn't sew, she needs to start hitting the thrift stores for anything in that blue color that Belle wears. As long as you have a white cotton blouse for underneath, along with a white apron, you have pretty much put together your own Belle look.

I had to make one of these a couple of years ago and, although it wasn't exactly like Belle's dress in the movie, I had the brunette, low ponytail and book in my arms. It's the whole package that sells the look.

Good luck.

MissM

I wanted to go as Belle in her "provincial town" dress myself last year for MNSSHP. However, there is no official adult costume for it. You'll need to either try to find similar enough items to make one, or have one sewn for you. I've seen ebay sellers who make kids costumes and they could most likely make it in adult size as well.

If I go next year, it's what I'm going to have made for me. I too am a brunette, so it works out well visually for me. :)
-m

wannabeBelle

Good luck!!! I love that loook ( See my avatar) but it is not the most sought after for costuming purposes!! I have been looking for a few years and havent seen it. Belle

ellekae

You may want to give Target a try...I was there the other day and they had adult Cinderella and Snow White dresses. You never know, if they have those two, they may have Belle!

MissM

You may want to give Target a try...I was there the other day and they had adult Cinderella and Snow White dresses. You never know, if they have those two, they may have Belle!
The only adult Belle costume you can get is her yellow ball gown dress. Sadly, they've never made an official Provincial Town one for grown ups.
-m

Edit to add.... Here's a link to a seller who makes girl's Provincial Town dresses. She says she can make adult sizes too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Belle-Pr...ryZ11468QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope that helps!

bluefaery

A friend of mine wants to dress up as belle for a costume party; the size would need to be in adult. She is curious as to where to find the blue dress belle wears in beauty and the beast. (Blue dress shown at the beginning of the movie, if you need reference) Please let me know where I can tell her to get a similar blue dress. Thanks in advance for your responses!!

I wanted that exact costume last year and I had to have it made for me. I loked everywhere. I wish you the best of luck. I have attached a picture of me in the costume. I hope you like it. I plan on wearing it again this year to pass out candy in.

halloween2005Belle.jpg

monorail_driver

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone giving me information! and thanks madame_leota_19 for the visual, my friend is looking at the post and I know it'll come in handy for her. Just an update, she did finally find a dress at goodwill - thanks ConstanceIrene for the suggestion. Now she's off to look for a white apron..which i doubt will be as hard to find as the blue dress!

MissM

Now she's off to look for a white apron..which i doubt will be as hard to find as the blue dress!
Don't ask me why, but when I was trying to assemble a costume last year, the white apron was actually the most impossible to find. Plain white? Nowhere. Just the half-apron (not the ones that come up to cover your chest)? Nope. It was such a pain.

Hope your friend has fun being Belle. :)
-m

bluefaery

Thanks for everyone giving me information! and thanks madame_leota_19 for the visual, my friend is looking at the post and I know it'll come in handy for her. Just an update, she did finally find a dress at goodwill - thanks ConstanceIrene for the suggestion. Now she's off to look for a white apron..which i doubt will be as hard to find as the blue dress!

feel free to print out the picture if it helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom