'Believe' debuts at SeaWorld

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds good... I hope someone will make a video available (SeaWorld Videos arn`t that easy to find - I must rectify that someday!)

One of the technical issues I recall from an earlier Shamu show was the James Earl Jones narration being a good 2 seconds - or more - out of sync with the video. The show itself was, of course, beautiful.

Goofy20

I hope someone can leave a review about the show. My gf and i will be there in July, along with going to disney. We can't wait!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

It sounds really good - can't wait for my August trip.

One quetion - does "Believe" replace the "Shamu Rocks America" night-time show or the general day-time show ?

sillyspook13

I was going to make a trip over to Sea World to see "Believe" today but a lost work id and a longer-than-expected trip to the eye doctor prevented that... Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics on Monday!:)

JROK

sillyspook13 said:
I was going to make a trip over to Sea World to see "Believe" today but a lost work id and a longer-than-expected trip to the eye doctor prevented that... Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics on Monday!:)

A work ID from Universal by chance?

crazydaveh

I have seen the show and it's AWESOME! It's more story and less trainers talking about the whales. There is a preshow that takes care of the education aspect, but the show is neat and if you have seen the old Shamu show before, you will see a lot of changes and new things the whales and trainers do.

It's similar to Blue Horizons (dolphin show) with the theater style performance.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, because it's just something you have to see.

I do suggest seeing it. Pretty cool what a beer company with 10,000 pound killer whales can do!

bayoutinkbelle

speck76 said:
because "prepare to be drenched by water that is greater than .04% whale urine" was taken

Hey, thanks for that thought. :p My son can't wait to get drenched again. I'll definitely be seeing the show, too. Thanks for the quick review, Dave.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Alphakitty24 said:
I know they have the new show called believe,but do they still do the shamu rocks america at night? I loved that show. :animwink:
I can't find it on the Show Schedule listings in the SeaWorld website :cry:

CatLady

I have been told that Believe will be the only show that they do -- no separate "night show" for Shamu.

The value of a separate evening show (to keep more people later in the evening, hopefully so that they will purchase a second meal in the park) may not have been worthwhile compared to the amount of work that has gone into staging Believe. It is possible that they will go back to a night show if they think it will help them keep folks at the park spending more money in the evenings.

CAPTAIN HOOK

CatLady said:
I have been told that Believe will be the only show that they do -- no separate "night show" for Shamu.

The value of a separate evening show (to keep more people later in the evening, hopefully so that they will purchase a second meal in the park) may not have been worthwhile compared to the amount of work that has gone into staging Believe. It is possible that they will go back to a night show if they think it will help them keep folks at the park spending more money in the evenings.
Thats a shame because Shamu Rocks America was a great finale to a day at the park - even better than their attempt at a firework show

Figment1986

wow.. they did keep (or add more) to the night time stuff though.. i saw lazers and lighting kits hanging from the celing of the SWO Shamu stadium... So their is still a posibility in the future... maybe they will have a specil Believe at night/evening they will use them in??

then later introduce a new night time extravaganza...

crazydaveh

The nighttime show is a tad different. It's still Believe, but it has more lighting effects with spotlights and things like that.

Pretty cool to see at night, even if you saw it during the day.

Cool show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom